• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,025
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,351
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

U clearly didnt see the videos of the child getting pepper sprayed or the police shooting at people in their porch 

Those incidents happened in Seattle and Minneapolis.    I was referring to our Los Angeles police.   Hardly any acts of violence occurred here by our police.

7 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

So by saying all lives matter people  are trying to divert attention  away from a very real issue which is causing people to DIE which most likely wonr affect them. Which is just awful and selfish. Understand?

I don't know where you live but here in Los Angeles some black people interviewed on the news were also saying all lives matter.

6 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

It is interesting to see by pictures in the news of the 4 officers involved in this situation two are white, one is black and one is Asian.   Makes one wonder if this should really be considered a hate crime based on race.  

I just heard this by the attorney of two of the officers.   He said one officer had only been on the job for 3 days.   The other had been on the job for 4 days.   The officer committing the crime was their training officer!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

5 minutes ago, Debp said:

I just heard this by the attorney of two of the officers.   He said one officer had only been on the job for 3 days.   The other had been on the job for 4 days.   The officer committing the crime was their training officer!

Yes, and there was a fourth officer, a seasoned officer like the one committing the crime.  Two trainees, two training officers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

All I can say is.. there are some things I saw.. video sound .. its there. NOT being talked about. Some facts here.. are not all being shared. Other facts are. People.. cops... just those two.. things I saw.. are not being reported on. No protest for the two dead cops. And they were black. Store owners.. Its SO hard for me.. I am not one that can just stand and watch.. been there so many times.. when I was young.. on a buss.. hits a car head on.. no one got up.. .. lol I said.. NO ONE is going out to help? I did.. been that way all my life.

I do fall on my knees for to my Father.. to care about one life.. where you don't see any color. And you find.. or your really starting to see that.. maybe you gave man way to much credit. Every one.. I am watching something.. many years ago.. was told would happen. And in all this.. so..odd yet so right.. I have no fear what so ever. Just pain.. just hurt. Some times you fight your self remind your self WHERE the battle really is :)

Unless we fight it there..in the heavens....you know.. I watch President Trump.. lol the man has a mouth.. and he knows everything he does.. no other can do it better :) Yet hes still there. Still standing... for God.. for the Church.. for unborn lifes... like no other. I didn't care for Obama.. but wow.. watch over and over how he was treated by believers. Just like President Trump.. always praying for him. Never speaking evil or negative to anyone about him.

So know where the battle is.. bow to the Father...and no other. I will not be moved..The Church is still here..our FATHER is.. the only GOD. Pray.. stand..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Ill give u an analogy that helps understand the issue.

Imagine  you are at your relatives funeral  and you are giving the eulogy. You say -He was a good husband and loving father and a man jumps on the stage and says - So! There are lots of great and loving fathers!Why don't they get appreciation? How would you feel?

Annoyed and think they are out of place right?

That's what the All lives matter  retort  is doing.

No-one is disputing that all lives matter  but the truth is America has a history of unpunished  or underpunished  murders against blacks -lynchings ,police killings etc - that people are trying  to bring attention  to.  They're trying to say that our lives matter  too. 

Other races don't have that  issue as much as blacks. In the last few years we've had several incidences where non violent black  men or women were killed by police using excessive  force. How many whites  or Asians did that happen to?

So by saying all lives matter people  are trying to divert attention  away from a very real issue which is causing people to DIE which most likely wonr affect them. Which is just awful and selfish. Understand?

No.

We have researched this numerous times.  Police are statistically less likely to kill a black man, than a white man, specifically because they are afraid of being called racists.

So the bottom line is, blacks are less likely to die by police than almost any other group, including Mexican, Asian, or Native, and white.

Saying Black Lives Matter, is basically trying to elevate one group to a special status, and that is awful and selfish.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I think the problem is thar different  experiences give perspectives that's why there's a problem with this. 

Some blacks are seeing it from a standpoint that due to all these  murders with very poor response by the law they need to let it be known that our lives matter too hence the  slogan.

Other races who may not get those experiences cant understand and don't see the need  for  the emphasis on black lives .

8 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

No.

We have researched this numerous times.  Police are statistically less likely to kill a black man, than a white man, specifically because they are afraid of being called racists.

So the bottom line is, blacks are less likely to die by police than almost any other group, including Mexican, Asian, or Native, and white.

Saying Black Lives Matter, is basically trying to elevate one group to a special status, and that is awful and selfish.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

21 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

It’s unfair to say there are just a few bad apples when the police have been rooted and grounded in corruption since its inception. 

I did not say anything like that.

I commented on the protestors who want the police to stop the stop and search tactics and still somehow prevent crime in there community.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  349
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,505
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

There's no doubt this is causing division; making victims out of innocent people, destroying businesses and jobs in communities that probably won't be coming back. Questions I have I don't see or hear being addressed:

(1) Who are these protesters and rioters?

(2) Where are they coming from and how are they getting there? 

(3) By whom and how are these riots being organized? Bricks and such are suddenly showing up in these riot areas.

(4) As with all other major riots in urban cities in the recent past; how are the masses getting off work for so long to participate?

(5) And lastly; are any or all of them getting paid or compensated by someone to protest and riot?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Thanks for this thread. It shed a little  different light for me on this subject. I at least now see a little of why some of my brothers and sisters standing behind the black lives movement. They are not saying all lives don't matter, they are saying that there is still a problem with how the black community is being treated, and how some (not all I might add) of the bad policemen are treating them.

One comment to add is that this is part of the fulfillment of Matthew 24:7 - Nation against Nation - Strongs reference G1484 which is Greek for Ethnos which not only has to do with a people, or country, but also Race. As we get closer to the return of Jesus, His words about what we should expect to see will become more and more intense (labor pains). Unlike history, today we have viral videos which record events and make them viewable on the internet to millions. That only inflames hatred where there was none to begin with.

My main concern here is for the People of God, and how they respond to this crisis; IF we believe that God hears our prayers, and IF we believe that He answers our prayers, then our first response must be to Pray! Then (and only after praying), we need to stand up for the down-trodden and those who have been hurt, irregardless of the situation. Open ended prayer will give us our God's perspective on what we should and should not do.

Thank you for posting this thread, it has helped me get a little different perspective on Black Lives Matter.

Grace and Peace  .  .  .  Ray . . .