IGNORED

Jesus was holding the scroll, how can He became the white horse rider of the 1st Seal ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Sister said:

He's conquering with a bow, but I just don't see an arrow.  The bow and arrow always go together, but in this case, I don't think this rider is using the arrow, but just holding the bow. 

The problem here is the English translation makes no mention of the word "arrow ". The question is does the English translation match exactly to how this passage was understood in the Greek at the time? (and I think  it is Koine Greek if I recall correctly.)

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, Sister said:

He's conquering with a bow, but I just don't see an arrow.  The bow and arrow always go together, but in this case, I don't think this rider is using the arrow, but just holding the bow.  I don't see the vision with a weapon for killing, but a weapon representing something else in which he conquers, and that could be his mouth.  But I could be wrong, and I wouldn't argue tooth and nail over this.    This is how I see the rider on the white horse.  Conquering with his mouth.  With what he's speaking he's gaining souls.  Religion for example.

I see it that way too.

• In addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Ephesians 6:16
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183

The Greek word for "bow" is ... toxon ... simple fabric ... cloth.

The "beast" is a "man of the cloth".

A title of each pope is ... The "Primate" of Rome.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

One thing to remember is that all these riders are coming out of heaven. Which means they are angelic and not human.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

3 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

One thing to remember is that all these riders are coming out of heaven. Which means they are angelic and not human.

In Christ

Montana Marv

I tend to agree and see the first seal as the releasing of the beast from the abyss.

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  145

7 hours ago, canada said:

The Greek word for "bow" is ... toxon ... simple fabric ... cloth.

The "beast" is a "man of the cloth".

A title of each pope is ... The "Primate" of Rome.

But does it not seem strange that the Greek word "toxon" sounds similar to the English word "toxin".  The  facial masks doctors  wear is a simple piece of fabric, and not only that, you look at a face mask, they do form a arc shape, much like a bow.

A royal sash that is worn by royalty can be considered a simple piece of clothing. 

The question is how was the scripture concerned understood in the language it was written in? It is not a question of the source material matching the translation, but rather does the translation match the source material meaning of how it was understood in the language it was written in?

Edited by The_Truth_Seeker

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,136
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

I tend to agree and see the first seal as the releasing of the beast from the abyss.

I see it as Satan being sent out from heaven for the last time. He is given a lesser crown. He has only a short time remaining.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  183

12 minutes ago, The_Truth_Seeker said:

But does it not seem strange that the Greek word "toxon" sounds similar to the English word "toxin".  The  facial masks doctors  wear is a simple piece of fabric, and not only that, you look at a face mask, they do form a arc shape, much like a bow.

A royal sash that is worn by royalty can be considered a simple piece of clothing. 

The question is how was the scripture concerned understood in the language it was written in? It is not a question of the source material matching the translation, but rather does the translation match the source material meaning of how it was understood in the language it was written in?

A papal title is ... Vicar of Christ ... in the place of Christ ... instead of Christ.

The popes sit in their "temple" claiming to be in the place of Christ.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

On 7/26/2020 at 10:15 AM, The_Truth_Seeker said:

The problem here is the English translation makes no mention of the word "arrow ". The question is does the English translation match exactly to how this passage was understood in the Greek at the time? (and I think  it is Koine Greek if I recall correctly.)

The_Truth_Seeker

I understand what you are saying, but when I was drawn to the Word of God, I was drawn to the KJV.  I don't doubt it, or question it, or listen to anyone that tells me not to trust what is written in there, because I find it perfect 100% and the whole book is in harmony.  Call me a fool if you like, I will be a fool for trusting that God's hand was upon the translators, and that this is his work....his doing....his purpose, so that we gentiles could receive the Word of God in English, in exactly the way God intended for us to read.

That King James was the king who was given authority from God, to get this process going to enable us to have the Word today.  No other king was given this authority but him. 

Not that King James was a holy man, but used because of his authority.  Same as his translators, they probably were not holy, but used for their expertise.  We do not know more now than what they knew back then, because evil has grown, and therefore lies have also grown.  I am not an expert in language, therefore not qualified to judge even those who claim they are experts, because in my opinion this is the flood that goes after the Woman and her seed, as spoken in Rev 12, and that flood was to destroy the Word of God, which he spoke and to confuse and water it down so that no man can trust it.  All must doubt, and find something better to replace.  I don't buy it, and I will be that fool for trusting, sorry. 

If there is a problem, it's not with the Word that was spoken but with my interpretation.  The Word is PERFECT, but I am still learning and still growing, and the only problem with what I said could be resting only with me and my interpretation, not with the translation.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Montana Marv said:

In Christ

Montana Marv

Where does it say these riders are coming out of heaven?