IGNORED

Will Christians who don't fully obey the bible go to heaven?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @enoob57

Thanks for your comment. 

Obviously I have read Galatians many times as I have with all of the Scriptures. So I take all of that into consideration, of course. 

But surely your advice is not to tell someone to not obey Him, when they are willing to with eagerness.

There's trying to be obedient to be seen as righteous, like a child boasting in school about his grades, which is wrong.

Then, there is obedience which is out of love and willingness, like a child who learns humbly in school to grow and refine, which is right. 

Then there is one who does neither, but just accepts his membership of the school only as sufficient 

And finally there are those who refuse obedience and acknowledgment altogether, those out of school entirly - the unbelievers. 

At least, that's my opinion. 

May Yahweh open both of our eyes more on this matter. 

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Just now, Tzephanyahu said:

Shalom @enoob57

Thanks for your comment. 

Obviously I have read Galatians many times as I have with all of the Scriptures. So I take all of that into consideration, of course. 

But surely your advice is not to tell someone to not obey Him, when they are willing to with eagerness.

There's trying to be obedient to be seen as righteous, like a child boasting in school about his grades, which is wrong.

Then, there is obedience which is out of love and willingness, like a child who learns humbly in school to grow and refine, which is right. 

Then there is one who does neither, but just accepts his membership of the school only as sufficient 

And finally there are those who refuse obedience and acknowledgment altogether, those out of school entirly - the unbelievers. 

At least, that's my opinion. 

May Yahweh open both of our eyes more on this matter. 

Love & Shalom 

The Scripture is sufficient in this topic :thumbsup: so if one infers that works are necessary for salvation they have departed from the Scripture... 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

Read about Naaman and the Widow. And the thief on the cross. None of them read scripture...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.55
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

Read about Naaman and the Widow. And the thief on the cross. None of them read scripture...

Those adventures do inform us and are very good examples for us to consider and wrap into our understanding of God's requirements.

:-)

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

that's a really good question :)  can Christians who don't fully obey the Bible go to heaven?  only Jesus knows a person's heart & if they have accepted him or not,  & if they have a personal relationship with him or not

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.10
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

1 minute ago, shortangel said:

that's a really good question :)  can Christians who don't fully obey the Bible go to heaven?  only Jesus knows a person's heart & if they have accepted him or not,  & if they have a personal relationship with him or not

We can only be obedient if it is worked into our hearts and minds by the Holy Spirit first. Being obedient to the letter of scripture scripture is not what God is looking for. These kind of people who were so caught up in the letter of scripture were the Pharisees and Sadducees. These were the ones who came against Jesus the most. We can only be what God has purposed within us. 
Philippians 2:13,

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

1 Samuel 16:7

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.

Only God knows each heart. Many judge according to and through the lenses of the law. But God judges us by the context of our hearts and minds. 
Romans 7:11,

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it killed me.

By the law and through it we are all guilty and condemned to death or have this death sentence upon us. 

Romans 8:2,

For the Law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the Law of sin and death.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Yeah tell me about it. It reminds me when Jesus was asked 'teacher, are only a few people going to be saved?' and Jesus replied 'make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many will seek to enter and not be able'. So who are those who seek to enter? The only ones who SEEK to enter are Christians. So Jesus is saying many Christians won't get to heaven and his advice is to make every effort to get there. He also said that narrow is the gate that leads to life and few find it. Wake up people the bar into heaven is high!

We are justified by the blood of christ not our works. Our good works are from our salvation. If we live in sin and dont care we are not saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

7 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

If we live in sin and dont care we are not saved.

Explain this for the readers that happen to come along. Make sure you are precise.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

12 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

You know the bible says to repent of your sins, to be blameless before the lord, to be perfect as God is perfect, to be holy as God is holy etc

I see the vast majority of Christians don't fully obey the commands in the bible. For example in Ephesians Paul says that there shouldn't be any unwholesome talk or course joking among Christians because we are Gods holy people. Nor should there be any impurity, sexual immorality or greed. I was hanging out with about 10 young adults from church the other day and man, was it course joking galore. They also take Gods name in vain which is one of the 10 commandments. You know saying omg instead of oh my gosh. 

I have known Christians that swear to. Will these Christians go to heaven? They are not repenting of all their sins. I follow the bible 100% as is intended but i'm concerned about the majority of Christians that don't cos these are direct commands and to disobey is sin. I think that the problem is not enough bible reading and their opinion is corrupted by the worlds standards and Gods standard, the bible, is a weak voice in their head cos they neglect bible reading. 

Are they in danger of hell? What you think?

Humans are not perfect. What is most important is that a person believes in Jesus Christ. Christians who read the Bible know what God wants us to do to please Him. When Christians get to heaven some may not have any rewards and some may have many depending on what they did for Christ on the earth. 

Edited by missmuffet
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, David1701 said:

How much faith in Jesus do YOU have (since you are asking others)? 

How do you quantify it? 

How much is enough?

Do you think that you are saved because of your faith, or by grace through faith?  What does the Bible say (Eph. 2:8-10)?

Since Jesus brought me back from the dead, I have full faith in Him.  If you look at Ephesians close enough you will see that we are saved by grace, through faith.  Without faith for grace to work through, can one be saved?