IGNORED

Postmillennialism: Christendom's Bright Cheerful View Of The Future Of The Human Race.

JAG**

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,798
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Lord gave us His gospel to love our neighbors as ourselves. When His gospel is finally preached in truth throughout the whole world, the end will then come.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Again, you are DEFLECTING from the error, IGNORING the lie! Let me state it again:

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

So, when you said, "He was not supposed to be made king of Israel. That is what the Jews thought but they were wrong. God never wanted Israel to have a king like other nations," what you said was in DIRECT OPPOSITION to what God said through His messenger, Gavri'el!

Of two things, P and ~P, exactly one is true. Since God's Word (P) is true, then what you said (~P) is false! You told a falsehood. You told a lie. I'm glad that you said it was not intentional, but the error still remains.

I want people to see the last part of your post and contrast it with Scripture.

Acts 2:29-31 (KJV)

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

On 7/16/2020 at 5:22 AM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Alive.

Well, contrary to this popular mistake, Yeshua` was NOT "clothed with an earthen vessel like ours." The Word BECAME flesh!

John 1:1-18 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. 15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. 16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

It may SEEM like a subtle distinction, but it has WIDE-RANGING implications and affects MUCH! See, the thing you guys, with your HIGHFALUTING words and ENORMOUS assumptions, fail to see is that He is STILL flesh!

Luke 24:36-43 (KJV)

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them,

"Peace be unto you."

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38 And he said unto them,

"Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have."

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them,

"Have ye here any meat?"

42 And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43 And he took it, and did eat before them.

When He ascended to His Father shortly thereafter, He was STILL flesh! He shall return in the flesh!

Acts 1:6-11 (KJV)

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying,

"Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?"

7 And he said unto them,

"It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven (toward the sky) as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said,

"Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven (into the sky)? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven (into the sky), shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven (into the sky)."

Thus, we await His BODILY return!

I didn't  intend to convey anything contrary to what you have written here. I agree that Jesus Christ remains 'flesh' albeit in a glorified form and as such, it seems to me able to dwell/function/be in at least two realms. The seen and unseen--just as we shall.

Please be careful how you address members. Refrain from calling a member a liar--stick to the debate using scripture and reason as you have done so very well.

The accusatory tone and words, are not required to make the points.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

32 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Straw man. This was addressed at the very beginning of the op. 

One more fallacy in an already long list, none of which have been corrected despite having been brought to your attention. 

The facts of scripture are such that not even the gates of hell will prevail over the ekklesia and Christ's stated goal for the eleven was to make disciples of the nations and teach Jesus' commands. 

lol.

Romans 5:19
For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

James 5:16-18
 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.  Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the earth for three years and six months.  Then he prayed again, and the sky poured rain and the earth produced its fruit.

We that are thus changed, are in the world, but not of the world. The world (kosmos) is thoroughly corrupted and subject to entropy.

We are a light shining into that darkness and showing it for what it is.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

55 minutes ago, luigi said:

The Lord gave us His gospel to love our neighbors as ourselves. When His gospel is finally preached in truth throughout the whole world, the end will then come.

Exactly.  And the fact that it took nearly two millennia doesn't have a bearing on the sequencing.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shabbat shalom, David1701.

To my statements (to Josheb),

Again, you are DEFLECTING from the error, IGNORING the lie! Let me state it again:

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

So, when you said, "He was not supposed to be made king of Israel. That is what the Jews thought but they were wrong. God never wanted Israel to have a king like other nations," what you said was in DIRECT OPPOSITION to what God said through His messenger, Gavri'el!

Of two things, P and ~P, exactly one is true. Since God's Word (P) is true, then what you said (~P) is false! You told a falsehood. You told a lie. I'm glad that you said it was not intentional, but the error still remains.

you said,

14 hours ago, David1701 said:

I want people to see the last part of your post and contrast it with Scripture.

Acts 2:29-31 (KJV)

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 
30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

as though somehow the resurrection of the Messiah ("Christ"), the fact that God would not leave His air-breather in sh'owl (the grave, the memorial "asked about"), nor that He would allow His flesh to see decay, was the complete fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant.

BUT, that's NOT what Kefa ("Peter") was talking about! When one looks at the FULL context, one will see that Kefa's point was quite different:

Acts 2:5-33 (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout (God-fearing) men, out of every nation under heaven (under the sky). 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them [the disciples] speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another,

"Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God!"

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another,

"What meaneth this?"

13 Others mocking said,

"These men are full of new wine (drunk)."

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them,

"Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day (approximately 9:00 am). 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 "'"And it shall come to pass in the last days,"

"'saith God,

"'"I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."'

22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him,

"'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.'

29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Kefa's point was that DAVID had said, "... thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption," although being a prophet, he [DAVID] wasn't talking about himself, but about his [DAVID'S] seed after him, Yeshua` the Messiah, that "God would raise up Christ [the Messiah] to sit on his [DAVID'S] throne (NOT "God's throne!"). He [DAVID] seeing this before (beforehand) spoke of the Resurrection of the Messiah, that his [the Messiah's] soul (air-breather) was not left in hell (Sh'owl ["asked about"] or Hadees [the "unseen"] or the Grave), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One [the Messiah] to see corruption (decay). This Yeshua` has God raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore, being BY the right hand of God exalted (exalted BY the right hand of God), and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost [the Ruwach haQodesh], he [the Messiah] hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear (the various languages they heard).

This is not "positionally by or BESIDE" the right hand side of God, but God exalted Him "powerfully by or WITH" His right hand!

In Greek history, the dative case of the classical Greek was subdivided into the locative case (translated with "in" or "at"), the dative case (translated with "to" or "for"), and the instrumental case (translated with "with" or "by") in Koinee Greek. Sometimes, it's difficult to decide which specific case is being used in a statement and thus makes it difficult how to translate that case. Furthermore, a program like biblehub.com doesn't distinguish between the dative, locative, or instrumental cases. It calls all three the "dative" case.

Furthermore, the usual Greek formation translated as "at the right hand side" or "on the right hand side" is "ek dexioon." However, in THIS particular occurrence, the Greek wording is "tee dexia," which is typically translated with the ACTUAL hand in mind as doing something "by the right hand" or "with the right hand."

So, in this particular case, the KJV is more accurate than many of the modern translations, and the translation was made "BY the right hand of God."

Therefore, be sure you are taking all this into consideration as you "contrast (compare) it with Scripture."

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a minor spacing error

21 hours ago, Alive said:

I didn't  intend to convey anything contrary to what you have written here. I agree that Jesus Christ remains 'flesh' albeit in a glorified form and as such, it seems to me able to dwell/function/be in at least two realms. The seen and unseen--just as we shall.

Please be careful how you address members. Refrain from calling a member a liar--stick to the debate using scripture and reason as you have done so very well.

The accusatory tone and words, are not required to make the points.

Shalom, Alive.

No problem. I really wasn't trying to attack my co-worker, team member, and brother, Josheb. I was trying to show that ANY misspeak of God's Word is technically a "lie." He was of the opinion that there is a difference between a "lie" and a "mistake/falsehood." While I believe that there's a difference between someone inadvertently telling a lie, especially unintentional and unwittingly, and a person who is a perpetual liar, the mistake/falsehood/lie doesn't change. The effect is has on others is the same.

We know from Scripture that telling lies originated from haSatan, the serpent, for he knowingly told the first lie to our original mother, Chavah ("Eve"). He is also called "the father of lies" in John 8:44. Thus, lies are usually seen as a bad thing - a sin. However, there ARE times when lies are necessary to protect the lives and properties and well-being of those in our care. The Bible makes it clear that this is CONDONED by God and the person is PRAISED for his or her noble protection, such as in the case of Rachav's ("Rahab's") hiding of the Israeliy spies and lying about them at Jericho! So condoned was this act, that she was blessed to be in the lineage of our Lord Yeshua`! She's His great, great, great, ... (however many "greats" removed) ... grandmother!

I don't think of Josheb as an enemy or an opponent. We're on the SAME TEAM! We're more like colleagues who differ on the approach our project should take. I LOVE working on team projects with others! When done right, we all bring our positive contributions together and make the project work ... TOGETHER! The key is "WHEN DONE RIGHT!" Sometimes, a team member will have blinders on to the fact that a particular approach won't work. At those times, a person needs to be JARRED - JOLTED - to the fact. And, I'm passionate about doing this as early as possible. I will try to keep my passion in check and restrict my approach to "IF you say this, THEN you would be inadvertently telling a lie."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

7 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, David1701.

To my statements (to Josheb),

you said,

as though somehow the resurrection of the Messiah ("Christ"), the fact that God would not leave His air-breather in sh'owl (the grave, the memorial "asked about"), nor that He would allow His flesh to see decay, was the complete fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant.

BUT, that's NOT what Kefa ("Peter") was talking about! When one looks at the FULL context, one will see that Kefa's point was quite different:

Acts 2:5-33 (KJV)

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout (God-fearing) men, out of every nation under heaven (under the sky). 6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them [the disciples] speak in his own language. 7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another,

"Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God!"

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another,

"What meaneth this?"

13 Others mocking said,

"These men are full of new wine (drunk)."

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them,

"Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day (approximately 9:00 am). 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 "'"And it shall come to pass in the last days,"

"'saith God,

"'"I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."'

22 "Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know: 23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain: 24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it. 25 For David speaketh concerning him,

"'I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.'

29 "Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear."

Kefa's point was that DAVID had said, "... thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption," although being a prophet, he [DAVID] wasn't talking about himself, but about his [DAVID'S] seed after him, Yeshua` the Messiah, that "God would raise up Christ [the Messiah] to sit on his [DAVID'S] throne (NOT "God's throne!"). He [DAVID] seeing this before (beforehand) spoke of the Resurrection of the Messiah, that his [the Messiah's] soul (air-breather) was not left in hell (Sh'owl ["asked about"] or Hadees [the "unseen"] or the Grave), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One [the Messiah] to see corruption (decay). This Yeshua` has God raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore, being BY the right hand of God exalted (exalted BY the right hand of God), and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost [the Ruwach haQodesh], he [the Messiah] hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear (the various languages they heard).

This is not "positionally by or BESIDE" the right hand side of God, but God exalted Him "powerfully by or WITH" His right hand!

In Greek history, the dative case of the classical Greek was subdivided into the locative case (translated with "in" or "at"), the dative case (translated with "to" or "for"), and the instrumental case (translated with "with" or "by") in Koinee Greek. Sometimes, it's difficult to decide which specific case is being used in a statement and thus makes it difficult how to translate that case. Furthermore, a program like biblehub.com doesn't distinguish between the dative, locative, or instrumental cases. It calls all three the "dative" case.

Furthermore, the usual Greek formation translated as "at the right hand side" or "on the right hand side" is "ek dexioon." However, in THIS particular occurrence, the Greek wording is "tee dexia," which is typically translated with the ACTUAL hand in mind as doing something "by the right hand" or "with the right hand."

So, in this particular case, the KJV is more accurate than many of the modern translations, and the translation was made "BY the right hand of God."

Therefore, be sure you are taking all this into consideration as you "contrast (compare) it with Scripture."

The point is that, just as King David ruled over God's physical people (Israel), so the resurrected Christ rules over God's spiritual people - this kingdom having no end.

Whether Acts 2:33 is translated "...by the right hand of God...", "...at the right hand of God...", or, "...to the right hand of God...", makes no difference to this point.

22 hours ago, luigi said:

21 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Exactly.  And the fact that it took nearly two millennia doesn't have a bearing on the sequencing.

Shalom, luigi and Last Daze.

The "gospel" that is to be preached in the whole world is that heralded by the Messiah Yeshua` - the gospel of the KINGDOM!

Mark 1:14-15 (KJV)

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching (heralding) the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying,

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel."

When He left them, this was still the gospel that they understood:

Acts 1:1-11 (KJV)

1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen: 3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but "wait for the promise of the Father, which," saith he, "ye have heard of me. 5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence."

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying,

"Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?" 

7 And he said unto them,

"It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said,

"Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."

And, in Yeshua`s own discourse He delivered upon Har HaZeitiym ("the Mount of Olives"), He said,

Matthew 24:9-14 (KJV)

9 "Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

It was to this "gospel" that Paul assented for in Romans he said,

Romans 10:14-15 (KJV)

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher (herald, town cryer)? 15 And how shall they preach (herald), except they be sent? as it is written,

"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

And, this "gospel" was found in Isaiah 52:7:

Isaiah 52:5-10 (KJV)

5 "Now therefore, what have I here," saith the LORD, "that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl," saith the LORD; "and my name continually every day is blasphemed. 6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I."

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion,

"Thy God reigneth!"

8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion. 9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem. 10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

Paul merely ADDED to that gospel the ADDITIONAL good news that, although the King Apparent (the Messiah) of God had been rejected, crucified, and buried, He was also raised to life again by His Father!

1 Corinthians 15:1-8 (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached (heralded) unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas (Kefa, "Peter"), then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

1 hour ago, David1701 said:

The point is that, just as King David ruled over God's physical people (Israel), so the resurrected Christ rules over God's spiritual people - this kingdom having no end.

Whether Acts 2:33 is translated "...by the right hand of God...", "...at the right hand of God...", or, "...to the right hand of God...", makes no difference to this point.

Shalom, David1701.

No, sir. It's not about a "spiritual people." (What does that even mean?!) The word "spiritual" is SO MISUSED!

No, the RESURRECTED "MESSIAH" will also rule over God's PHYSICAL people (Israel), to which HAVE BEEN ADDED, AND SHALL CONTINUE TO BE ADDED, THE GENTILES!

Ephesians 2:11-22 (KJV)

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by that which is called the "Circumcision" in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were ...

without Christ,
being aliens from the commonwealth (citizenship) of Israel, and
strangers from the covenants of promise,
having no hope, and
without God in the world: 

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh (close) by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh (close). 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Verse 12 implies that NOW, being in the Messiah Yeshua`, you ...

HAVE a Messiah,
are NO LONGER aliens, strangers, or foreigners FROM THE CITIZENSHIP OF ISRAEL,
HAVE hope, and 
ARE with God!

And, Gavri'el (Gabriel) did NOT say that He would rule over a "spiritual people!"

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end!"

Remember how Paul worded things in Romans 11:

Romans 11:11-32 (KJV)

11 I say then, "Have they (the children of Israel) stumbled that they should fall (permanently)?" GOD FORBID: but rather through their (temporary) fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them (the children of Israel) to jealousy. 12 Now if the (temporary) fall of them (the children of Israel) be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them (the children of Israel) the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness? 13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: 14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them. 15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead (the Resurrection)? 16 For if the firstfruit be holy (set apart), the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. 19 Thou wilt say then,

"The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in."

20 Well ("Okay," drawn out like Jeff Goldblum does in "Independence Day"); because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but FEAR: 21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. 22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. 23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. 24For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written,

"There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:"

27 "For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins."

28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' (the patriarchs') sakes. 29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (That is, God doesn't change His mind about His gifts and calling.) 30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Understand? This is why we in Messianic Judaism find it so important that Gentiles who call themselves "Christians" learn the Jewish heritage of their faith!

Edited by Retrobyter
to fix a misspelling