IGNORED

What is Your IQ (Intelligence Quotient) ?

branchesofHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Knotical said:

That is what the first line in the OP actually implied.  If you are smart according to the world you must be spiritually ignorant.  This is a really bad premise to start with.

Well--I reckon we will see, but I think he meant if that is where you place your emphasis---human reasoning, then you may miss the mark.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

10 hours ago, ChickenCoop said:

I'm a bird brain. 

At least you're not a turkey...:dance:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Content Count:  7,010
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

19 hours ago, branchesofHim said:

We live in a world that is dominated by the devil in reasoning. Scripture teaches this. So if your IQ is based on "worldly reason" then you obviously are spiritually ignorant. Correct?

@branchesofHim To give you your due regarding the dubious nature of the much vaunted IQ I have this to say, as posted elsewhere:

The creation of "Intelligence Quotient" is an example of bad science. It stems from work by Alfred Binet who was asked by the French Ministry of Education in 1904 to develop a test that would help identify students with learning difficulties. Since then intelligence tests have had two elements:

• Dreaming up questions to include in the test
  • Modifying the test so that when applied to a large group of people it produces scores that correlate with other tests considered to have measured intelligence.

In his book "Yes, We Have No Neutrons - An Eye-Opening Tour through the Twists and Turns of Bad Science", A.K. Dewdney states this:

"From Binet's day to the present time, no general theory of intelligence has emerged from the field of psychology. The state of our knowledge about this key phenomenon has remained in almost the same state for the last hundred years. It follows as a deduction that no one has ever confirmed that intelligence tests measure intelligence. It is even possible that research in this field has been inhibited by the belief that we already know what intelligence is." [Chapter 2: Mind Numbers. The Curious Theory of the Intelligence Quotient]

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

12 hours ago, Knotical said:

That is what the first line in the OP actually implied.  If you are smart according to the world you must be spiritually ignorant.  This is a really bad premise to start with.

By that premise I must be spiritually ignorant then. What a terrible judgment to have on brothers and sisters in the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

50 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

By that premise I must be spiritually ignorant then. What a terrible judgment to have on brothers and sisters in the Lord.

Who is it that comes to the LORD and says I am Ignorant?

Is it the Pharisee?

Luk 18:11  The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luk 18:12  I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Or the publican?

Luk 18:13  And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luk 18:14  I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

To give you your due regarding the dubious nature of the much vaunted IQ I have this to say

I always appreciate someone who actually reads. Shalom.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

33 minutes ago, ChickenCoop said:

I like to add hot sauce and fresh lime juice to v8.

And some salt.
or,
It's ready to go,

if you get  Clamato...........extra spicy 510vJ15Sl1L._AC_.jpg.eb29a0d15d22ab2524eec6a39d0fc0e5.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90

1 hour ago, Sower said:

And some salt.
or,
It's ready to go,

if you get  Clamato...........extra spicy 510vJ15Sl1L._AC_.jpg.eb29a0d15d22ab2524eec6a39d0fc0e5.jpg

Aren't you supposed to add vodka to that to make a Caesar?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90

5 hours ago, Michael37 said:

@branchesofHim To give you your due regarding the dubious nature of the much vaunted IQ I have this to say, as posted elsewhere:

The creation of "Intelligence Quotient" is an example of bad science. It stems from work by Alfred Binet who was asked by the French Ministry of Education in 1904 to develop a test that would help identify students with learning difficulties. Since then intelligence tests have had two elements:

• Dreaming up questions to include in the test
  • Modifying the test so that when applied to a large group of people it produces scores that correlate with other tests considered to have measured intelligence.

In his book "Yes, We Have No Neutrons - An Eye-Opening Tour through the Twists and Turns of Bad Science", A.K. Dewdney states this:

"From Binet's day to the present time, no general theory of intelligence has emerged from the field of psychology. The state of our knowledge about this key phenomenon has remained in almost the same state for the last hundred years. It follows as a deduction that no one has ever confirmed that intelligence tests measure intelligence. It is even possible that research in this field has been inhibited by the belief that we already know what intelligence is." [Chapter 2: Mind Numbers. The Curious Theory of the Intelligence Quotient]

There a quite a few tests out there that can make some form of measure. Our nine year old was tested this past year as he is well ahead of his peer group in the academic side of things (I can't recall all the test names). While no longer called IQ, there is a comparable measure. The tests also included elements such as the ability to take in new information as well capabilities in literacy and mathematics, usually scoring it to an age-equivalent. So it certainly is not a measure of pure intelligence, but they can certainly highlight talents in certain areas.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1