IGNORED

So what do you guys know about spiritual warfare?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Ever since I have been attempting to love GOD and change for the better (become a better person) I have been experiencing some spiritual attacks from I think you-know-who. Not all of them feel really good.

I actually don't know much about fighting demons. So I guess I have no way to defend myself. I have no idea how to cast one out. I have prayed to GOD asking HIM to take the demons away from me, but He lets them continue to attack me and I don't know why. Prayer doesn't seem to be working.

How would you guys address the issue of Satan attacking and trying to kill you? I do think he is trying to kill me. Sometimes I hear him speaking to me, but I don't listen.

Whenever I show GOD any love or loyalty (I gave my soul to Him), that is when the attacks get the worst. I don't think Satan likes me loving GOD at all.

Edited by JacquelineDeane55

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

43 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

I don't think Satan likes me loving GOD at all.

None of the adversarial spirits do. Not at all. They seek a chink in your armor. Check what you have around your place. Check and see what you may had unwittingly done in your life that might attract them. Also, our minds can give us away sometimes by hiding things we may have to be repentant about. 

The leaders were very upset with Yesha for casting out demons. They wanted to know how since He did not mutter their exorcist incantations. They were not aware that there was NOT a higher Power than Himself. He just spoke and it happened.

Since we are in Him, we also have that Power. No jumping up and down and yelling at spirits and such. Just COMMANDS. We do not 'pray' them aways, we just speak with conviction the command. If you are in Christ you are seated in Heavenly places with Him. Make sure that when you get your Great Avocate (Yeshua) to intercede on your behalf that He has The Full Legal Right to do so. 

Remember also; fallen holy ones of God are all liars!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.56
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Ever since I have been attempting to love GOD and change for the better (become a better person) I have been experiencing some spiritual attacks from I think you-know-who. Not all of them feel really good.

I actually don't know much about fighting demons. So I guess I have no way to defend myself. I have no idea how to cast one out. I have prayed to GOD asking HIM to take the demons away from me, but He lets them continue to attack me and I don't know why. Prayer doesn't seem to be working.

How would you guys address the issue of Satan attacking and trying to kill you? I do think he is trying to kill me. Sometimes I hear him speaking to me, but I don't listen.

Whenever I show GOD any love or loyalty (I gave my soul to Him), that is when the attacks get the worst. I don't think Satan likes me loving GOD at all.

Do you have any "open doors" in your life, which could give the devil ingress?  Any unrepented of involvement in the occult, false religion or immorality (you don't have to answer this question, it's just something for you to consider)?  If so, then repentance is required.

I would recommend reading and thinking about Ephesians 6.

Try commanding any evil presence to be gone from you, in Jesus' name; and this needs to be done in faith.

If you are part of a local congregation, you could ask them to pray for you.

It's also worth mentioning that trying, in your own strength, to love God and change for the better won't work.  You'll end up with a Romans 7 experience.

Trust God to work in you, to will and to do of his good pleasure.  Look away to Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.  He is our sanctification.

Edited by David1701

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @JacquelineDeane55

I have had some experience in spiritual warfare in the ministry I used to work for.  However, what should first be established is whether this attack is from demons or the flesh.     

Some assume that all negativity and thoughts contrary to Yahweh’s way is because of the Satan or demons.  Sometimes it can be, but most times it is not.  The sinful flesh has a real way of rebelling and seeming like a demonic attack at times. Therefore, in order to be effective in prayer, diagnosis of the situation is paramount.

Now, you say that you sometimes hear Satan speak to you. How does this play out exactly and what does the voice say? – if you feel comfortable in sharing.

• When would you say the attack is at it’s strongest exactly? Or what activity is it most present within? Try to be exact if you are comfortable in doing so.
  • Do you or your family have any history in dabbling in other religions, cults or paranormal practices / spiritual invocations?
  • Do you have anything in your house that could be perceived as an idol, a tribute to a foreign god, or celebration of foreign deity / principle?

Love & Shalom

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,311
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

As David1701 mentioned, read Ephesians chapter 6.   The chapter about the armor of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 8/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Well Jacqueline, you must be doing something right, because that is when Satan is at his worst, when you are at your best for God. Satan will do everything he can to disrupt your loyalty and singe your faith. The more you love God, the more the old Devil wants to damage your faith. "Submit yourselves then to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you," James says. Don't give in or give up. Stand firm in Christ, no matter what those fiery trials bring.  God bless you. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "What does the Bible say about spiritual warfare?"

Answer: 
There are two primary errors when it comes to spiritual warfare—over-emphasis and under-emphasis. Some blame every sin, every conflict, and every problem on demons that need to be cast out. Others completely ignore the spiritual realm and the fact that the Bible tells us our battle is against spiritual powers. The key to successful spiritual warfare is finding the biblical balance. Jesus sometimes cast demons out of people; other times He healed people with no mention of the demonic. The apostle Paul instructs Christians to wage war against the sin in themselves (Romans 6) and warns us to oppose the schemes of the devil (Ephesians 6:10–18).
Ephesians 6:10–12 says, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” This text teaches some crucial truths: we can only stand strong in the Lord’s power, it is God’s armor that protects us, and our battle is ultimately against spiritual forces of evil in the world.

Ephesians 6:13–18 is a description of the spiritual armor God gives us. We are to stand firm with the belt of truth, the breastplate of righteousness, the gospel of peace, the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation, the sword of the Spirit, and by praying in the Spirit. What do these pieces of spiritual armor represent in spiritual warfare? We are to know the truth, believe the truth, and speak the truth. We are to rest in the fact that we are declared righteous because of Christ’s sacrifice for us. We are to proclaim the gospel no matter how much resistance we face. We are not to waver in our faith, trusting God’s promises no matter how strongly we are attacked. Our ultimate defense is the assurance we have of our salvation, an assurance that no spiritual force can take away. Our offensive weapon is the Word of God, not our own opinions and feelings. And we are to pray in the power and will of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is our ultimate example of resisting temptation in spiritual warfare. Observe how Jesus handled direct attacks from Satan when He was tempted in the wilderness (Matthew 4:1–11). Each temptation was combatted with the words “it is written.” The Word of the living God is the most powerful weapon against the temptations of the devil. “I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you” (Psalm 119:11).

A word of caution concerning spiritual warfare is in order. The name of Jesus is not a magic incantation that causes demons to flee from before us. The seven sons of Sceva are an example of what can happen when people presume an authority they have not been given (Acts 19:13–16). Even Michael the archangel did not rebuke Satan in his own power but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (Jude 1:9). When we start talking to the devil, we run the risk of being led astray as Eve was (Genesis 3:1–7). Our focus should be on God, not demons; we speak to Him, not them.

In summary, what are the keys to success in spiritual warfare? We rely on God’s power, not our own. We put on the whole armor of God. We draw on the power of Scripture—the Word of God is the Spirit’s sword. We pray in perseverance and holiness, making our appeal to God. We stand firm (Ephesians 6:13–14); we submit to God; we resist the devil’s work (James 4:7), knowing that the Lord of hosts is our protector. “Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken” (Psalm 62:2).

https://www.gotquestions.org/spiritual-warfare.html

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

James 4:7 - Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you

Satan is a liar and a slanderer. He will constantly make slanderous accusations to you; against God, against other people, and even against yourself. So when he comes to lie to you, remind him what God says.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 - For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

And don't go to bed angry at someone – because that gives the devil an opportunity to lie to you all night about the person you are angry at (see Ephesians 4:26-27). Yesterday's anger is called unforgiveness. Don't let Satan poison your life with unforgiveness.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 8/6/2020 at 1:13 PM, JacquelineDeane55 said:

you need to get and read this book...   it has helped everyone that I have suggested it to when they read it:    

Spiritual Warfare: Christians, Demonization, and Deliverance

by Karl Payne, Tim Lundeen, et al.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

My top 20 spiritual warfare fun list from my blog wisdomfortoday.co.uk

Brexit and Corona has this country in a mess and many UK institutions are going pear shaped. There is a remnant and if you reading this then its probably you. My opinion is that when a country transgresses like this, people dont care anymore and find hope in soul rotting things like witchcraft. This is why your mind is being battered where ever you go. Trust me, its rife and its hidden (the definition of the word occult) but now you know. There are other reasons you feel the way you feel but I am not safe to say here.

1. Find an easy way to praise Jesus. Just think "Jesus you are good" and remember a time when He blessed you e.g. when He made a verse stick out in the bible that let you know your loved. Takes 3 seconds and is a power pellet for your soul. You need clever not hard ways in spiritual warfare. If you break through in praise then it raises above the battle. You will know when you ha e done that.

2. Spiritualy they will make you feel like you are in a small box and that it is wrong to have fun and be free. The answer is to eat lots of chocolate and enjoy yourself so do some sensible escapism like making silly jokes with your friends. Just make sure you have some fun. Also play with your cat or dog, give them a belly rub.

3. Have an ultra cold shower, then warm shower on to warm up. Put on some face cream (a little bit so you are not dependant on it to not get dry skin). A bowl of fresh organic steamed veg. Beetroot juice to wash it down (B vits strengthen your noggin).

4. Massage your imagination as they are attacking it. Old retro PC or console games screenshots is a game changer.

5. Go for a run, swim, tai chi or other sport. This helps a lot.

6. The snap out way. You might be hunched up and grumpy with your thoughts going round in circles. Get your old Roxette CD and put it on full blast lol.

7. Think in pictures. See how well it works when you try it.

8. A spirit of wisdom. Ask the Lord for it while you ponder Proverbs. Wisdom is how God sees the world which is the reverse of the witchcraft view. It cuts through the fear making lies of witchcraft like a hot knife through butter. Understanding will guard you atm.

9. It sounds classic but garlic. There is something in the cartoons. Where did you think they got the idea from. People would have used it a lot back then when we were more spiritual so its still in our make up. It helps to believe. Chop some up and put it in a blender then leave the container open. Have lots in your food too for your breath. We should not be attracting everyone anyway lol.

10. Magic only hurts you if you are afraid. Jesus said do not be afraid over 50 times in the bible and did you know fear and excitement are similar emotions that you can switch one way in your mind. Turn fear to excitement then like going for a mission in a haunted house.

11. This one is vital. Forgive, love and pray for the occultists. Mathew 6:15 (you should keep short accounts with God anyway), Mathew 5:44 and Romans 12:21. If you get bitter or angry with them then you will still hurt inside.

12. Know your verses too as the Word is the real facts, the truth. Use the sword of the Spirit to blast away any lies from the enemy (Ephesians 6). Research how to use the sword of the Spirit skillfully.

13. Tumeric capsules from your health food shop. Science shows that this effects the blood to brain barrier in a positive way. I believe mental health is actually demonic like they did back then. Science provides a how and the bible provides a why IMO.

14. Reading books. Bing.com a brain scan for when you are reading and it shows a big amount of activity. Reading massages your brain and you learn too.

15. Research and do the prayer of St Patrick. For me its even better than the Ephesians 6 armor. Do Ephesians 6 armor too though. Check out my post on that for how to put it on properly.

16. If you are getting your thoughts battered at home then it helps to do lots of little jobs around the house. Nothing too strenuous e.g. be clever and wash up just the plates you need, empty the bin, iron just two shirts etc. It is distraction and sometimes it breaks it completely.

17. Look up blanket forts online and make one. Read the Word inside and have cups of tea as tea always helps too.

18. Laugh at it. The enemy hates being mocked. The enemy is the casters sin and not them btw, they are still loved. Laughter truly brings the false power to its knees.

19. If its a blue sky then look up and let it clear your mind. Thank the Lord for His wonderful creation.

20. Make yourself mentaly strong and you will be fine e.g. reading, revising and other academic things. It does not have to be genius, it will help a lot if you just stimulate your noggin.

21. Methodical music and creativity; Listen to liquid drum and base music. If you can, try and research Christian DnB. It can help you to be methodical and focus on creative tasks e.g. making a collage or sketching. This could very much distract you from worrying or being fearful.

This may all seem strange but you are in an invisible war. Stand strong Christian soldier!