• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

This maybe the thread where someone will try to deny that God writes the book of our life before we are born. I have never seen anyone do that, but I always thought they would try.

Not seen that here, not do I expect to.

Edited by leah777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

52 minutes ago, leah777 said:

However, scripture clearly tells us that the dead do not, and cannot contact us, however vivid and comforting the dream feels.

She did not contact me, I went to her in Heaven.  I think they assumed that I was related to her. But she did not understand why I did not bring her a gift. In the dream though I did know a little bit of the protocol. I asked the angel that was reading the book if it was ok if I took her photo. That is why he laughed and made the joke about how he had  small tiny problem with that. A reference to how small she was. But also he was saying I did not have permission to photograph her.  

I did not tell the whole story although maybe I should because people seem to be interested now. There are other stories I could tell but they will not be well received here at this time. People do not realize that according to quantum physics everything in the universe is connected in real time. That maybe why we can go from here to heaven in an instant. The Bible says in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. This leads me to believe that Heaven is a part of creation, and there is a connection between Heaven and Earth. In fact Jesus teaches us to pray: "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven".  If Earth is to become as Heaven is, then we are to be united and not divided. As the Church age comes to an end and as we look forward to the Kingdom age when Jesus will rule and reign or 1,000, them it makes sense that God would be teaching us about Heaven and how the Earth is to become as Heaven is. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

5 hours ago, JohnR7 said:

She did not contact me, I went to her in Heaven.  I think they assumed that I was related to her. But she did not understand why I did not bring her a gift. In the dream though I did know a little bit of the protocol. I asked the angel that was reading the book if it was ok if I took her photo. That is why he laughed and made the joke about how he had  small tiny problem with that. A reference to how small she was. But also he was saying I did not have permission to photograph her.  

I did not tell the whole story although maybe I should because people seem to be interested now. There are other stories I could tell but they will not be well received here at this time. People do not realize that according to quantum physics everything in the universe is connected in real time. That maybe why we can go from here to heaven in an instant. The Bible says in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth. This leads me to believe that Heaven is a part of creation, and there is a connection between Heaven and Earth. In fact Jesus teaches us to pray: "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven".  If Earth is to become as Heaven is, then we are to be united and not divided. As the Church age comes to an end and as we look forward to the Kingdom age when Jesus will rule and reign or 1,000, them it makes sense that God would be teaching us about Heaven and how the Earth is to become as Heaven is. 

I think you were blessed with a gift of inestimable beauty, my friend. I shared your dream with a brother and he rejoiced with me. He shares our conviction that each life, no matter how small or brief that life may be, is precious in the sight of the Lord. Thank you for sharing that with us, John. 

There is more to this wondrous universe which the Son of God created than we can grasp during our lifetime. Consider that only 4% of the mass of the known universe can be accounted for; what's the other 96%? It can't been seen and is therefore invisible to us. Albert Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves in 1916 but these weren't detected until 2016. His general theory of relativity also predicted the existence of black holes even though Einstein himself wasn't fully convinced; until the first black hole was detected in 1971 they were only theoretical. Last year, a collaboration of scientists produced the first image of a black hole, found in the center of galaxy M87. A massive black hole is at the heart of our own galaxy. There is more to God's creation than we can possibly conceive. :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 8/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, BeauJangles said:

:huh:

:rolleyes:

Ah! Okay. Had me going there for a moment. :P

LOL

But when trying to get people (especially mothers) to consider the POV

of the unborn... I suggest they consider that suicide to solve ALL their problems...

Unless they are very disturbed... they always choose life at least their own.

"Now you know how your baby would feel about you taking their life."

On 8/25/2020 at 2:08 AM, Marathoner said:

Consider that only 4% of the mass of the known universe can be accounted for

I had a dream about that once. Around 60 years ago when I was around 8 years old. I was camping out with the cub scouts at the time. In the dream God Himself took me out into the universe and showed me that the universe is expanding. Then he told me in the same way my family would drift apart. Then he told me that at some point in time the universe come back together again and my family would also come back together again. 

At the time the universe was overwhelmingly huge to me. Now the universe seems so small. This was a very simple dream. Not much to it, yet this gave me confidence in Science when they talk about expanding and shrinking universes. In terms of black holes I am interested in event horizons and singularities. I see an event horizon in the double slit experiment when we have both a wave and a particle at the same time.  This is why they come up with very interesting photos of the horizon at sunset on the beach. We know that nothing can escape a black hole, not even light. Yet one of first things God did was to create light and darkness. 

I was an electrician on the lighting crew for our state ballet company. So I do know a little about Physics when it comes to working with light. Esp we work with both the additive and subtractive color theories. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I have no idea if the following is valid or not, but it seemed interesting to me at the time. I enjoy studying aspects of the Creation, because I see my God there.

A few decades ago, I was studying quantum mechanics and read about particle spin and a particular particle that when spinning seems to blink in and out every other rotation. That language may be simply our way of rendering what is observed, but the point is, when reading about that I was reminded of the verse where it says "that He holds all things together". It then occurred to me that the substance of this universe is connected to the third heaven and that there is an actual mechanism by which He holds all things together--tying another realm to this one somehow.

This may sound very silly--but it made me think about His Creative vastness.

37 minutes ago, Alive said:

I have no idea if the following is valid or not, but it seemed interesting to me at the time. I enjoy studying aspects of the Creation, because I see my God there.

A few decades ago, I was studying quantum mechanics and read about particle spin and a particular particle that when spinning seems to blink in and out every other rotation. That language may be simply our way of rendering what is observed, but the point is, when reading about that I was reminded of the verse where it says "that He holds all things together". It then occurred to me that the substance of this universe is connected to the third heaven and that there is an actual mechanism by which He holds all things together--tying another realm to this one somehow.

This may sound very silly--but it made me think about His Creative vastness.

We are told that in the Beginning He Created the Heaven AND Earth. Now of course Beginning is the most important word in the Bible because all of the Bible explains the word Beginning. Yet people do not realize how important the word AND is. Jesus teaches us to pray: Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done on Earth AS it is in Heaven. God made black and white, male and female, Heaven and Earth. They are to be united - not divided. 

The next 10 years will be the most important time to be alive ever. This is the final harvest, then end of the church age, the beginning of the Kingdom age. We use to look back to the early church and draw our strangth from them. Now we are to look forward to the Kingdom age and draw our strength from them. This is the time when the kingdoms of this world are to become the Kingdom of God. 

We are told: "On the third day of their journey, Abraham looked up and saw the place in the distance."  (Genesis 22:4) So even Abraham look and saw the third day when the Kingdoms of this World are to become the Kingdom of God. For 1,000 years they will read their history book and look back on the time we live in now. I wonder how many would say I would do it, sign me up. Compared to the people who would say: "No way would I want to go through that". 

Edited by JohnR7

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 8/22/2020 at 6:12 PM, Wesley L said:

Q1: adopt the child

Q2: The question is giving biased information. Just like watching Fox vs all the anti-trump news networks.
If only my vote counted, certainly choose Jesus Christ. :) 

at least you are voting for a Republican. :-)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 8/14/2020 at 9:53 AM, ladypeartree said:

TWO TOUGH QUESTIONS

Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant,
Who had 8 kids already,
Three who were deaf,
Two who were blind,
One mentally retarded,
And she had syphilis,
Would you recommend that she have an abortion?

Read the next question before looking at the response for this one

Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
Here are the facts about the three candidates.

Candidate A:
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists,
He's had two mistresses,
He also chain smokes
And drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.

Candidate B:
He was kicked out of office twice,
Sleeps until noon,
Used opium in college,
And drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.

Candidate C:
He is a decorated war hero.
He's a vegetarian,
Doesn't smoke,
Drinks an occasional beer, And never committed adultery.

Which of these candidates would be your choice?

Decide first .. No peeking, and then scroll down for the response.

Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question:

If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it?
Makes a person think before judging someone.

Remember:

Amateurs ... Built the ark.
Professionals .. Built the Titanic

Abortion doesn't best deal with any of the problems mentioned because getting rid of the innocent baby is murder, and it wouldn't stop the woman from continuing to get pregnant and then have more abortions.

I'd recommend the children be adopted by kind and loving parents who can financially see to the needs of each child. I'd recommend that the woman be sent to a physician to get medical assistance to be rid of the syphilis. And I'd also recommend she be sent to a kind and loving church who will teach her to be morally virtuous.

All problems gone.

-----

I don't vote for world leaders based on their personal vices, I vote based on a discerning that they would or would not be competent to be a good leader of the nation. The vices can be prayed about. 

-----

Amateurs didn't build the ark on their own knowledge, but as God directed. It did not fail in it's purpose to keep safe all within it. It landed safely and all disembarked alive and well.

Those who built the Titanic built it ambitiously, thinking that it was unsinkable, having no idea that an iceberg would cut through the metal like a knife through butter. As a matter of fact, all of the "tan" ships sunk., almost like there was a curse upon all of them.

The big passenger boats nowadays do better don't they?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 8/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, missmuffet said:

Question 1  no although she should not have gotten pregnant again.

Question 2 Don't vote.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

Not voting, doesn't mean you didn't make a choice.  You just choose for evil to go unopposed.

• This is Worthy 1