Book of Daniel- Instruments

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

I would like some thoughts and opinions on a specific subject within Daniel.

Daniel’s 3 friends were required by Nebuchadnezzar to bow to the golden opportunity image when the music began to play. If they did not they would be placed in the furnace.

Question: Within this chapter (3), Daniel makes a point of listing the individual instruments. Three times they are listed however in one of the listings he fails to list  one of the six. 

What do you think is the reason why this one instrument was not listed, AND, why was it NOT listed in the specific place- only 1 of the 3 times they were listed?

PS: For me, everything He does has a very important purpose / reason, whether something is included or excluded. Perhaps the message speaks to having only 5 of the 6 instruments play (at that specific time in the story) telling us it would not be accepted by Him (5 of 6), since it was associated with an image and He has special uses and purpose for music?

Thank you, Charlie 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Charlie744 said:

I would like some thoughts and opinions on a specific subject within Daniel.

Daniel’s 3 friends were required by Nebuchadnezzar to bow to the golden opportunity image when the music began to play. If they did not they would be placed in the furnace.

Question: Within this chapter (3), Daniel makes a point of listing the individual instruments. Three times they are listed however in one of the listings he fails to list  one of the six. 

What do you think is the reason why this one instrument was not listed, AND, why was it NOT listed in the specific place- only 1 of the 3 times they were listed?

PS: For me, everything He does has a very important purpose / reason, whether something is included or excluded. Perhaps the message speaks to having only 5 of the 6 instruments play (at that specific time in the story) telling us it would not be accepted by Him (5 of 6), since it was associated with an image and He has special uses and purpose for music?

Thank you, Charlie 

[That] at what time ye hear the sound of the (1)cornet, (2)flute, (3)harp, (4)sackbut, (5)psaltery, (6)dulcimer, and (7)all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up: ... Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the (1)cornet, (2)flute, (3)harp, (4)sackbut, (5)psaltery, and (6)all kinds of musick, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down [and] worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. ... Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the (1)cornet, (2)flute, (3)harp, (4)sackbut, (5)psaltery, and (6)dulcimer, and (7)all kinds of musick, shall fall down and worship the golden image: - Dan 3:5, 7, 10 KJV

The 7th includes all other instruments: (1)cornet, (2)flute, (3)harp, (4)sackbut, (5)psaltery, (6)dulcimer, and (7)all kinds of musick

Its does look like in the second time it listed the items dulcimer was left out but then again it would be included in all kinds of music in #7.  Who knows why it was not specifically mentioned in second instance.  I think the point was when you hear all the instruments played at specific times that was your signal to bow down to the image.  

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

I think it might be safe to say that He does not do anything without a purpose and reason—- there is a message there for us... I am just exploring this and would enjoy learning about some of the opinions from the talented group within this site...

Thanks, Charlie 

7 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thank you very much for your prompt response!

I think it might be safe to say that He does not do anything without a purpose and reason—- there is a message there for us... I am just exploring this and would enjoy learning about some of the opinions from the talented group within this site...

Thanks, Charlie 

Its possible it could have been a translation omission. Who knows or maybe you can find a hidden message why the dulcimer was not mentioned the second time. lol  What has always confused me was why Jesus genealogy does not match up between Matthew and Luke or why list the genealogy of Joseph when Joseph was not his real father.  Maybe there is a hidden message in that as well.  I think its much more important we first obey the clear known messages verses getting caught in hidden messages.

Thanks again!!

Regarding YOUR concern about the Luke v. Matthew genealogy...

would you mind expanding on this?

Thanks Charlie 

6 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

Thanks again!!

Regarding YOUR concern about the Luke v. Matthew genealogy...

would you mind expanding on this?

Thanks Charlie 

Compare the genealogy of Matthew vs Luke of Jesus they dont match.

Edited by Jedi4Yahweh

I apologize but I was hoping for just alittle more than of your thoughts on this... would you mind? 

Thank you again, Charlie 

2 minutes ago, Charlie744 said:

I apologize but I was hoping for just alittle more than of your thoughts on this... would you mind? 

Thank you again, Charlie 

Its a little hard to sit down go line by line of the differences between the two.  Just pull up the two list.  I have heard some say the one in Luke is of Mary side but Luke does not indicate its from Mary but mentions Joseph.

Ok, go to google and type in:

geneology of Jesus, 

you will see maybe 1/2 down the page a site — 

Bible.org and the title is “Lesson 14 re: His genealogy. 

There are many writings on this, Charlie