IGNORED

I have been tempted by the devil like you would not believe.

JacquelineDeane55

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

So several weeks ago I started hearing voices saying mean and derogatory things to me, like, "You're so fat, you're so dumb." Things like that.

It was the devil making me feel bad about myself, putting negative thoughts into my mind about myself.

I have trusted in the Lord and put my soul into his hands.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

So several weeks ago I started hearing voices saying mean and derogatory things to me, like, "You're so fat, you're so dumb." Things like that.

It was the devil making me feel bad about myself, putting negative thoughts into my mind about myself.

default_thumbsup.gif.cd114b4a130f83d53e9921bfa220b187.gif

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and
he shall direct thy paths"

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--
think about such things"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,122
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

57 minutes ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

You are sounding a lot like three friends I have interfaced with for many years Jacqueline...    do you have any memories of your young life of being abused to the point of being traumatized.  All three of my internet friends were abused as young children and the negative things are common.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

Have you gotten psychiatric help? Hearing voices isnt normal or something you should bear alone. 

You deserve help.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Are these like actual voices. Like someone is talking to you? Or is it just thoughts?  You maybe going through a mental health issue. Even if it is just thoughts that could be a sign of depression. At less that was how it was for me when it happen.  Just something to keep in mind.  

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

Impolite, cruel n profane words or curses are abundant n massively invade us thru movies, music, in tv, radio, readings materials, social interacting, neighbourhood, etc. These words can enter our subconscious mind n remain as memory which can reappear from time to time.

So we need to submit to God n rebuke evil thoughts with the Words of Gospel.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,125
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

5 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

These voices are thoughts as @JacquelineDeane55 mentions in her post above.

I understand what you're going through; I endured the same for many years. The evil one sought to drive me to despair so I would end my life by my own hand: I was worthless. Why should I live when so many others died?

After I spared the life of a friend and nearly died the Lord raised me up from ruin, restoring what I had lost and returning strength and health to my body. Our enemy arrived quickly: You should have died! Do the right thing and finish it because you don't deserve to live. God doesn't love you.

It's good that you know the source of these thoughts. Turn to the Lord! :)   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Are you sure you don't have schizophrenia? You mentioned God telling you to get friends too. You know those voices could all be in your head. Anti-psychotic medication takes hearing and seeing things, as well as delusions away. Maybe you should try it?

It might not be the devil or God, just pure biology. I have schizophrenia so i know a lot about it. With schizophrenia, when you see and hear things, they are nearly always negative. Same with the delusions. Schizophrenics with negative delusions think people are out to get them then they do a pre-emptive strike. It's logical to them. Ever heard of schizophrenics randomly attacking people, their family or cops? They are deluded. I was one of them also, but i'm on medication and better now.

I think you may have schizophrenia. 

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

21 hours ago, JacquelineDeane55 said:

When you hear these voices say to them:

"In Jesus' name, I command you to stop accusing me. He died for me as forgiveness for all my sins, and was raised from the dead to give me new life. You have no part of my life any longer. In Jesus' name get out of my life and never come back".

If the voices still don't go away seek pastoral help. From someone you trust to be able to tell the difference between a spiritual issue and a medical one.

Edited by NotAllThere

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

22 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Are you sure you don't have schizophrenia? You mentioned God telling you to get friends too. You know those voices could all be in your head. Anti-psychotic medication takes hearing and seeing things, as well as delusions away. Maybe you should try it?

It might not be the devil or God, just pure biology. I have schizophrenia so i know a lot about it. With schizophrenia, when you see and hear things, they are nearly always negative. Same with the delusions. Schizophrenics with negative delusions think people are out to get them then they do a pre-emptive strike. It's logical to them. Ever heard of schizophrenics randomly attacking people, their family or cops? They are deluded. I was one of them also, but i'm on medication and better now.

I think you may have schizophrenia. 

Im glad youre better. I too will try to seek medication for my issues bc Im done struggling.