• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Thanks for the comments, Hartono!!!

In fact, I have lost over five pounds so far...

Eat bitter gourd for diabetic pancreas.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

21 hours ago, Adam999 said:

I’m doing a 40 Days Fasting, starting from Aug 12 to Sep 20. It will end on my birthday 9/21/2020.

There are two purposes of this fasting as listed below:

1) Personal purification 

2) Pray for peace & healing to my family & the World

I am one week into it and I love it. I may do it longer, like 90 days.

please pray for me!!!

God bless

Adam

I saw on the internet that people can survive three or more weeks without food. If you are like me and have problems with low blood sugar, you'd get very ill after a day or two.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

5 hours ago, Adam999 said:

Thanks for the comments, JohnR7!!!

So far, I have lost over five pounds and I feel great...

I just lost 10 pounds. I feel a lot more healthy and alive when I am losing weight. This is the first time I have been on a water diet. I have never given up soda or juice before. We keep giving away food. I hope someone somewhere needs it because we do not seem to need it here. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

Its interesting that people before my posts, and people after my posts, all came to the same conclusion that the original poster is actually fasting, in the usual sense of the word. They expressed concern for the health of the op.

Yet I get told I have misunderstood the meaning of what fasting, in a Christian context, entails.

I have not misunderstood the impression that the thread title and original poster is not eating anything, as fasting is described in the Bible.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There are individuals that due to health reason's should not do a food fast.   We can demonstrate privately to God in other ways the humility and humbleness in our hearts. Prayer is a greater need than fasting, and is far more important than fasting. Fasting is not a requirement or expectation on anyone's part. Scripture does not demand it of us. Rather it is a voluntary response of the heart and attitude towards God. If there is a serious need in our hearts or lives, a fast serves to show us the reality of our own insufficiency in ourselves and redirect the focus onto God and our reliance on him. Away from other things and the hubbub of our daily routines and activities in our lives.

A lot of people feel that they are expected to be already perfect in their walk and when it doesn't happen as expected they think they are missing out on something or backsliding. Sanctification is a process, continuing throughout or lifetime. And God is pleased to work through the process slow and steady, with His work taking deeper roots in us than the rash snap of a divine finger. We need to rest in that when we believe and trust Christ that we are justified in his sight and trust that He will indeed get us there as promised. When we expect too much of ourselves we become frustrated and fail far from what was intended if we try to push it. Be patient with yourself, God's timing in sanctifying is not meaningless, and He has a sure and steady plan. We will gradually grow in grace. You will get there. God is NOT done with you. It is a lifetime process.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

39 minutes ago, appy said:

There are individuals that due to health reason's should not do a food fast.   We can demonstrate privately to God in other ways the humility and humbleness in our hearts. Prayer is a greater need than fasting, and is far more important than fasting. Fasting is not a requirement or expectation on anyone's part. Scripture does not demand it of us. Rather it is a voluntary response of the heart and attitude towards God. If there is a serious need in our hearts or lives, a fast serves to show us the reality of our own insufficiency in ourselves and redirect the focus onto God and our reliance on him. Away from other things and the hubbub of our daily routines and activities in our lives.

A lot of people feel that they are expected to be already perfect in their walk and when it doesn't happen as expected they think they are missing out on something or backsliding. Sanctification is a process, continuing throughout or lifetime. And God is pleased to work through the process slow and steady, with His work taking deeper roots in us than the rash snap of a divine finger. We need to rest in that when we believe and trust Christ that we are justified in his sight and trust that He will indeed get us there as promised. When we expect too much of ourselves we become frustrated and fail far from what was intended if we try to push it. Be patient with yourself, God's timing in sanctifying is not meaningless, and He has a sure and steady plan. We will gradually grow in grace. You will get there. God is NOT done with you. It is a lifetime process.

Thank you appy for a beautifully written comments and advise!!! I love it when you said “It is a lifetime process.” It’s the truth!!!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I have heard that black tea can help reduce your appetite and i feel there is some truth to this since i usually have at least one cup a day and it always seems to make me feel full afterwards, but it may not be the same with everyone. But more than anything it is proven to help with weight loss and has many other health benefits, including helping lower blood sugar. I have heard in some places like China and Japan they drink more than 5 cups a day. Also it is very inexpensive especially considering what you are getting, and one package or box can last up to a month. Also Green tea is just as healthy but i only prefer black because of the stronger flavor.

Edited by CaptWalker
Just being a perfectionist again...blame it on the OCD.
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

I have heard that black tea can help reduce your appetite and i feel there is some truth to this since i usually have at least one cup a day and it always seems to make me feel full afterwards, but it may not be the same with everyone. But more than anything it is proven to help with weight loss and has many other health benefits, including helping lower blood sugar. I have heard in some places like China and Japan they drink more than 5 cups a day. Also it is very inexpensive especially considering what you are getting, and one package or box can last up to a month. Also Green tea is just as healthy but i only prefer black because of the stronger flavor.

Edited 1 hour ago by CaptWalker
(Just being a perfectionist again...blame it on the OCD.)

OCD? Yeah, I have an inherited amount of this. It runs in the family. Anyway, sources of substantial amounts in caffeine whether coffee or tea, can cut some aspect the appetite and suppress it temporally. Caffeine would not be a nutritional means of doing so, however. Ginseng would probably be more beneficial in the long term. While the Asian populous does consume quite a lot of tea, black tea is more popular in the UK and other parts of  the world. Green tea has far more antioxidants than does black pekoe tea. Partially fermented green tea produces a blend such as the popular Oolong and Souchong. Here's a few links on varietals concerning teas that are enjoyed in the Orient.  

1. Japanese vs. Chinese Green Tea | Livestrong.com

https://www.livestrong.com/article/495604-japanese-vs-chinese-green-tea

Both Japanese and Chinese green tea come from the leaves of the same tea plant, Camellia Sinensis. Japanese green tea, also known as matcha, is available in powder form.

1. 10 Most Popular Types of Tea in China - Culture Trip

• Chrysanthemum tea. First enjoyed in the Song Dynasty (960-1279), chrysanthemum tea is made by …
        • Pu-er tea. Pu-er tea, while wildly popular across China, is not everyone’s cup of… well, you know …
        • Green tea. Green tea is found in many varieties throughout China and has maintained popularity for …
        • Da Hong Pao. Da Hong Pao is a variety of oolong tea grown in Fujian province’s Wuyi mountains. It …
        1. Tea in Japan

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2041.html

Mar 18, 2020 · Green tea is the most common type of tea, and when someone mentions "tea" (お茶, ocha) without specifying the type, it is green tea to which is referred. Green tea is also the central element of the tea ceremony. Among the most well-known places for tea cultivation are Shizuoka, Kagoshima and Uji. The following is a list of the main varieties of tea that are popularly consumed in …

1. Lapsang souchong - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong

Lapsang souchong (/ ˌ l æ p s æ ŋ ˈ s uː tʃ ɒ ŋ /; Chinese: 正山小種; pinyin: zhèngshān xiǎozhǒng), sometimes referred to as smoked tea (), is a black tea (Camellia sinensis) that is originally from the mountainous Wuyi region in the province of Fujian in China. It is distinct from other types of tea, as the leaves are traditionally smoke-dried over pinewood fires, imparting a ...  

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

On 8/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, Adam999 said:

I’m doing a 40 Days Fasting, starting from Aug 12 to Sep 20. It will end on my birthday 9/21/2020.

There are two purposes of this fasting as listed below:

1) Personal purification 

2) Pray for peace & healing to my family & the World

I am one week into it and I love it. I may do it longer, like 90 days.

please pray for me!!!

God bless

Adam

I would not recommend doing this. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

23 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I would not recommend doing this. 

Personally, neither do I. Especially if one has any health related concerns. The only purpose I've used for fasting was for a spiritual breakthrough which by far are the examples according to scriptures. It is not recommended merely for "enlightenment" purposes. My fasts always concluded on or by the third, not extending further than three days on water and juices to maintain sugar levels from dropping severely. The normal metabolism of  the body is stressed too severely going further, if you are doing a total fast with water only. One should also consult with a physician. Wisdom is key factor when feeling called to a fast and not to be taken lightly. Fasting is serious business.