Looking for help with getting 7 year old potty trained

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello everyone I came here hoping people would be able to offer me some advice on getting my daughter potty trained she currently has to wear diapers 24/7 for both needs. I have tried potty training her when she was younger but we made no progress at all later on I decided to take her to a few doctors and therapists but they all told that both mentally and physically she was fine.
I just don't know what to do anymore and feel like I've run out of things to try any advice I could get would be amazing thanks

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,117
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

my wife made my daughter clean up after herself....   stopped pretty quick

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Dr. Tony Campollo once spoke of potty training:

Put the child on the potty and say "You stay there

till something happens."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 9/5/2020 at 11:00 AM, Katlyn27 said:

Hello everyone I came here hoping people would be able to offer me some advice on getting my daughter potty trained

She wants to be in control and you want to be in control. Looks like she is winning. Wiki has an artical on the anal stage of development. You can study up on this there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_stage#:~:text=The anal stage%2C in Freudian,the bowel and bladder control.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 9/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, Katlyn27 said:

Hello everyone I came here hoping people would be able to offer me some advice on getting my daughter potty trained she currently has to wear diapers 24/7 for both needs. I have tried potty training her when she was younger but we made no progress at all later on I decided to take her to a few doctors and therapists but they all told that both mentally and physically she was fine.
I just don't know what to do anymore and feel like I've run out of things to try any advice I could get would be amazing thanks

Please talk with her, what are her opinions on using potties or the toilet, what she thinks and feels about using diallers, whether she is aware when she needs to go, or when she is going, what she thinks about being different from children her age at nursery, Sunday school or regular school who all use the toilet.

Is she concerned about strangers or other people knowing that she uses or need to be changed and ask her why?

The problem is in her mind, how she sees going to the toilet etc and untill she wants to change nothing will happen.

( This is not to imply that she has a mental problem, just that she does not see the need to change )