• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Earlier today I was talking to someone and the topic of religion and Christianity was brought up and the person asked me how do we know God is real, what is the evidence of God being "God". I explained with scripture and the FC of Jesus and all that good stuff but I just wanted to hear everyone else's knowledge on this topic. So, according to scripture, how do we know God is real?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Hi David.

Here is the evidence in Go Word alone.

Romans 1:20-21, “For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.”

We, this day call NON - BELIEVERS, atheists. Non believers these days call them selves atheists.

ANTI - THEIST,  which is the conviction that no god exist. (the A does not stand for ANTI)
ATHEIST.
noun

a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Simple Definition of atheist

: a person who believes that God does not exist

Full Definition of atheist

1.      :  one who believes that there is no deity

athe·is·ticplay \ˌā-thē-ˈis-tik\ or athe·is·ti·cal play \ˌā-thē-ˈis-ti-kəl\ adjective

athe·is·ti·cal·ly play \-ti-k(ə-)lē\ adverb

In the Psalms, they are also called atheists FOOLS, Psalm 14:1, "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."

Hebrew: A Fool, "nabel," stupid, wicked, impious, vile.

From "Nabel," to fall away, lightly esteem.

God speaks of non-believers in the Bible in many places.

Deuteronomy 32 : 5, They have1 corrupted themselves, their spot is not the spot of his children: they are a perverse and crooked generation.

V. 6, Do ye thus requite the LORD, O foolish people and unwise? is not he thy Father that hath bought thee? hath he not made thee, and established thee?

Proverbs 17: 7, Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.

Hebrew words translated "FOOL,"

1. Lax or careless habit of mind and body; to be perverse, silly, and a fool. Used 20 times

Romans 3: 18, "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

Psalms 13:1, They are corrupt, they have done abominable works. . . . . .

Characteristics of FOOLS:

1. They deny the existence of God. (V. 1)

2. Live corrupt lives (V. 1)

3. Do abominable works (V. 2)

4. Are without understanding (V 2)

5. Ignore God  -  do not seek Him (V. 2)

6. Are not good, not one V. 1, 3)

7. Have all gone astray from God (V. 3)

8. Have become filthy in life (V. 3)

9. Live in Ignorance of God (V. 4)

10. Destroy God's people (V. 4)

11. Never pray (V. 4)

12. Oppress the poor (V. 5).

I hope this helps you David. God Bless.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

4 hours ago, David Junior said:

Earlier today I was talking to someone and the topic of religion and Christianity was brought up and the person asked me how do we know God is real, what is the evidence of God being "God". I explained with scripture and the FC of Jesus and all that good stuff but I just wanted to hear everyone else's knowledge on this topic. So, according to scripture, how do we know God is real?

Turn it round. What is there evidence that there is no God?

Creation tells us there is a creator, science cannot say anything about whether there is or is not a creator and logic teaches us that nothing causes nothing so something caused everything.

The argument is really can you provide a rational argument for not believing just as I can provide a rational argument for believing?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

10 hours ago, David Junior said:

Through prayer, the Lord solves all my problems for me - that is my proof.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,180
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, David Junior said:

Because I have been given a heart that can desire what His Word says to desire and to detach from what His Word says not to attach itself to.... I have been set free from the want of this place where the devil has it as his and is the only temptation of power he holds
Matt 4:2-11

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
KJV

It is this that has been given me in my heart that I know it is of God for it is not attached to any of this as want/love...
1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
KJV

It is that simple!

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

We know that God is real because He has revealed Himself to us in three ways: in creation, in His Word, and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/10/2020 at 11:43 PM, David Junior said:

So, according to scripture, how do we know God is real?

The scriptures themselves.

To predict historic events in advance with 100%

accuracy tells us someone outside the space-time

continuum authored them.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Just now, JohnD said:

someone outside the space-time

continuum

and therefore not subject to the laws of physics...

i.e. God.