• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So, how can a wooden board with symbols and letters on it possibly be a portal to summon up evil spirits? 

I have never actually seen one. Only heard about them, some scary stories.

Has anyone experienced using one or heard of someone they knew using one? What happened? I did have a friend once who was always dabbling in that sort of thing and her life was the most awful tangle. I never felt at ease with her and was relieved when she moved well away. 

I think Satan tampers with our minds.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

8 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

So, how can a wooden board with symbols and letters on it possibly be a portal to summon up evil spirits? 

Has anyone experienced using one or heard of someone they knew using one? What happened? I did have a friend once who was always dabbling in that sort of thing and her life was the most awful tangle. I never felt at ease with her and was relieved when she moved well away. 

They can't summon a demon.

More importantly they don't need to summon a demon.  Evil spirits exist around in society at all times.

You don't need to summon an evil spirit.  They are already there to a more or less degree, throughout the entire world.

A Ouija board is simply a method of intentionally contacting what is already there, and if they desire to, they will talk back.

You mentioned that you never felt at easy with this friend, because they were dabbling in occult actions.  I have a few thoughts on this.

First, if you are a Christian, then you no longer need to fear.  1 John 4:4, greater is he that is in you, than he who is in the world.  Right?

However, having said that, the occult is no joke.  Evil spirits are no joke.  They are not a comedy skit, or a cartoon with little men in red jump suits and pitch forks.

So if you encounter someone who is either possessed, or who is influenced by demonic spirits, you should stay away from them.   Let someone who is trained and experienced in handling demonic influence and possession, work with that person.  But not you, unless you yourself get training in that area.

Back specifically to your former friend, and how you should deal with occult members.

In Christianity we see those who are sold out for Jesus the Lord, and there are others who are there because it was the popular thing to do, like cultural secular Christianity.

Similarly, in occult circles, you see people who are whole sale bought into the concepts, and you see others involved because it is the hip thing to do.  They want to fit in with their friends.

I have personally had a few friendships with occult members.  None of them showed any clear sign of being possessed or influenced.  They knew I was a Christian, and one of them asked me about my faith.

People are saved out of the occult all the time.  But it takes a strong Christian, who knows their limits on how to influence without being influenced in return.  A Christian that is willing to brave what is an unnerving group of people who are playing with fire they don't understand, nor respect.

That does not by any stretch mean you are a bad Christian for admitting you are not up to this particular task.  I myself, would not deal with a possessed or influenced person.

How do you know if someone is possessed or influenced?  It's hard but easy.  From the outside it is nearly impossible.  But from all the stories I have heard or read, if the spirit of G-d is within you, you will know.  Your spirit will cry out that something is dangerous.

I will say that specifically as it relates to Women, the phrase "women's intuition" tends to have some merit.  Women in general tend to pick up on this stuff to a slightly higher degree than men.  Thus it might be that your 'unease' was actually the right call.

My only point in bringing this up, is that the pagans among us who involve themselves in the occult, I would estimate the majority of them are simply clueless people, that have no idea what they are involved in.  They are just lost sinners, trying tying to find something to make them feel better in the world.  They need Jesus.

Lastly, as it relates directly to the Ouija board.

I have no first hand experience, and I never will.  However, my father was not brought up Christian.  In college, some college buddies brought in a Ouija board.  This was years and years before becoming a Christian.   Him and the college buddies put their hands on the planchette, and started asking questions.  Without going into detail, as the questions became more complex, he realized someone at the board has to be making the planchette move.  But as people removed their hands from the planchette, it still moved.  Obviously it didn't move when no hands touched it, but the instant someone had their hand on the planchette, it moved towards spelling out the answer.  While his buddies found it an amusing little game, he realized it was impossible to get complex answers to unknown questions, from a game.  Someone, or something, was giving those answers.  He left that gathering, and vowed to never have anything to do with Ouija boards again.

Fast forward 25 years.  My sister is about the age of 12 or 14.  One of her close friends, the friend that lived in the house directly behind our house, brought over a Ouija board.  My father happen to be passing by as they started getting the game out to play.  He hid in a another room, and prayed out loud, but quietly that nothing would happen.  They asked question after question, but nothing happened.   He said he stood there praying for some amount of time, until he heard my sister's friend say "I don't understand. It was giving me all kinds of answers at home".

He then popped out, and said he was terribly sorry, that something had come up, and she would have to go home now.   Then he had a rather frank, if not brutal discussion about Ouija boards.   That was the last time I ever saw that friend at our house.  She never came back.

Whether that is because my sister cut ties with her, or she cut ties with my sister, I don't know.  Remember to the pagans this is a cheesy game by hasbro.  So if you land on them with "Ouija boards are of the devil!", they are going to write you off as being crazy.

Just remember, you don't always have to tell pagans why you are not engaging in things.  You can just talk to them about your Faith in Jesus, and just leave why you have no interest in Ouija boards a mystery.  If they become a Christian, they'll figure it out in due time as G-d reveals it.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Ouija boards are extremely dangerous.  They are used to summon up demonic spirits that may at first take the form of friendly spirits, but beware, they are not your friend.  They are doing Satan's work.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

I think it is not the board itself but the frame of mind people are in when they use it. They are open to evil and want the thrill. Very dangerous. I would never do it. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

5 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I think it is not the board itself but the frame of mind people are in when they use it. They are open to evil and want the thrill. Very dangerous. I would never do it. 

This basically, yes. Demons are deceptive creatures. They'll readily try to make people believe that ouija boards work. Anything to lead people away from the Lord. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,084
  • Content Per Day:  9.74
  • Days Won:  149

I have studied various things  paranormal which most often are really occult in nature. Said another way. It's mostly what our enemy Satan is up to in order to create fear, deception and otherwise disrupt lives. One of the largest deceptions is that the things talking through a ouji board are our deceased relatives or people we know.

While I have some of my own views on the subject of dead people that I can't substantiate in scripture, such as those who commit suicide might be in another temporary classification when it comes to when they go and I think there might be a short time some souls are here after they die to get a grasp of what happened to them or say one last goodbye. Very short term. Souls, for the most part, are no longer with us in my opinion. Any communication with them is forbidden and if it happens at all ( it was allowed in the case of Saul) it isn't of God. That's basically what the occult is, trying to detour around God's way. Trying to accomplish something without God and many cases in direct rebellion to His ways.

We are expressly told not to attempt communication with spirits in the Bible. I don't think the origins of the ouji board are as innocent and naive' as is sometimes implied, " It's just an innocent board game they came up with". Just a piece of wood with letters and a pointer. Right.....you believe that one and I have some land I would like to sell you in New York City under a bridge. 

No it was an intentional effort to "innocently" introduce a spirit portal. Read deceptively introduce a spirit portal. Deception is the name of the game in the occult.

I will reluctantly admit that I follow a paranormal podcast sometimes. Jim Harold's Campfire. Jim takes calls from people who had some kind of a paranormal experience. Some of them hear bumps in the night, some of them have experienced seeing things. The callers stories vary greatly, yet there are often many similarities. You could chalk most of it up to one word. Demons. In almost every case when a ouji board comes up bad things happen. Not always suddenly. Might be a few days or a week later, the thing you talked to comes through the portal. Once it happens though the quality of life for the user goes downhill in one way or another.

Jim must have taken thousands of calls since he started the podcast and has heard many many stories, yet he remains seemingly oblivious to any concrete reason. He won't go there. I will. One of his other podcasts called " The Paranormal" podcast is basically the occult lite in it's subject matter. No it doesn't overtly reference the occult directly. It references some of the subjects that indicate demonic activity. In that show he interviews people such as the late Rose Mary Ellen Guilley who was a witch and who wrote various book on spirits, the so called "jinn" etc. Jim clearly has a bent toward those things but seems to omit Biblical explanations for any of it. And that's the thing, too many people seem to see this as "good clean fun". Unlike many other similar podcasts he tries to make it family friendly by leaving profanity out. The only real benefit I see to any of it is we can see it happens on a regular basis to lots of people ( I'm sure we can't be assured all of them are 100% honest) It isn't something that happened only back in the dark ages. It's happening NOW and people who play with portal devices and call on spirits are asking for trouble.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,167
  • Content Per Day:  7.07
  • Days Won:  98

Some doors are better left unopened, my friends. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,162
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Marathoner said:

Some doors are better left unopened, my friends. 

that one would be better burned...    just take it outside to do....

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

There was a sharp rise of interest and fascination of séances, and necromancy, and all forms of communicating with the dead during the 1800s. The original creators of the board realized they could take advantage money wise of people's high interest in the spiritual realm of the dead. And is the main reason for its creation. Upon its invention and marketing, the biggest proponents of it were not churches, but mediums because the game allowed the public to cut out the middle man which were mediums.

The only reason to play with an ouija board is to attempt to gain secret knowledge and revelation of what is ordinarily hidden to man. There is a reason God has limited man's wisdom and power. People strive to know what the day will bring. This is the point of playing with the ouija board correct? When people seek knowledge and wisdom outside of God's word it's a way of saying you think God isn't willing to tell you what you want to know, therefore your going take matters into your own hands instead of accepting what God has already shown you. If we truly love God we will shun all practices of the occult.

Interestingly enough psychologists admit that the board works through the conscience of man, but stop short of admitting that those who fool with the thing are involving themselves in the spiritual realm. Even though there is a plethora of eyewitness accounts that confirm that man's conscience is involved. There is enough evidence from historians and psychologists to show that this thing is not harmless. Our conscience is the “heart” of man.

When I was a kid, someone I knew had one and brought it out to play with one day when I was visiting. We were sitting on the floor when the other person asked it a question regarding his future. I had both of my hands in my lap, and the other person's hands were NOT in physical contact with the pointer either. Needless to say, I was NOT amused when the “pointer” moved by itself to a letter. Although I did not know what an ouija board was, or have knowledge about the game play. My heart told me that the thing in and of itself was not something to be messing with and I had NO further interest in the thing.

I also will say... it's NOT a toy, nor is it something anyone, whether they are a believer or not; should be consulting for wisdom. It should be shunned.