IGNORED

How are you celebrating Halloween? Or are you? Why or why not?

other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,860
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  228
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Halloween is not a big thing over here we have more to say about November 5th  Not sure if some people celebrate the foiling of the gunpowder plot or are cheering it on :runforhills:

Edited by ladypeartree

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.72
  • Days Won:  149

I have no issue with anyone who wants to have a little fun around the holidays. I think we need to take time out for fun and relaxation.

If a Christian can separate that from the origins of some of these holidays and make it something entirely different I say go for it. 

I can't do that for Halloween. I'm not insisting anyone else own that. For me it's a holiday that glorifies the demonic and death. It's also a day when really bad things are happening in the name of Satan by the "hard core" believers.

If you're going to be completely fair, neither should you judge me if I choose not to have anything to do with it for my own well founded reasons.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

13 hours ago, other one said:

I guess you didn't notice that I didn't disagree with you

No OO, actually I did notice that. But I still don't understand why you would make a thread glorifying Halloween? We were doing PM's years ago and from what you told me I thought you hated anything that has anything at all to do with the devil. I know liberal Christians try to pretend that Halloween is not the devil's holiday but I didn't think you were a liberal Christian.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/02/1983

On 10/20/2020 at 4:11 AM, JTC said:

Sorry Other One, I don't think there's anything good about Halloween. And even though you have tried to use the image of a witch saying good things, do you really believe witches are good people? Do you really think white witchcraft is real? And suppose a child of 10 or 11 came to your door on Halloween and tells you that instead of going to church Sunday he's going to a meeting of witches. Are you going to tell him this is fine? I certainly wouldn't.

A meeting of witches. That made me laugh. It's called a coven. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

49 minutes ago, JTC said:

I know liberal Christians try to pretend that Halloween is not the devil's holiday but I didn't think you were a liberal Christian.

Hey @other one ! I didn't know you were a liberal? Welcome to the club! :clap:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

29 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Hey @other one ! I didn't know you were a liberal? Welcome to the club! :clap:

Something tells me he didn't know neither. :th_frusty:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, JTC said:

No OO, actually I did notice that. But I still don't understand why you would make a thread glorifying Halloween? We were doing PM's years ago and from what you told me I thought you hated anything that has anything at all to do with the devil. I know liberal Christians try to pretend that Halloween is not the devil's holiday but I didn't think you were a liberal Christian.

Well, some here don't even think I am a christian at all JTC...   but to settle your fears  a bit, I am very concerned by real witchcraft...      I doubt very many hear have actually been exposed to it...   actually I'm a little disappointed that you are the only one to bring it to my attention...

However how do we really deal with the things that go on Halloween night....    there is very very little darkness that is involved with the season in public...   and very few here understand what goes on within the darkness....      but the question is do we condemn the funny things and the jokes that deal with it....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

1146505724_download(1).jpg.e5b5619e3ea9d146936a2d2238dc2ff6.jpg

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I think I am going to stay out of this and just make goofy comments on what people post. :pumpkin:

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1072712243_witchdrinkanddrive.jpg.bc7fd0361e7c9c2e9fa25ff8d708245c.jpg

while this is funny....   and I did laugh out-loud when I saw it, we should also understand that Halloween night the real person that it represents will most likely be eating someone's grandchild. In reality they don't really fly around on brooms, but have demon helpers to do their bidding by their spells...

We are placed in an odd place during these holidays.   Some see the darkness and others see the humor and fun of it all....     it's healthy to see all sides of it.  I liked Omegaman's post on the holiday.

Fact is that I haven't seen a witch come to our door on Halloween in a couple of decades...   kids have gone for the later TV/Movie super heroes....    but there are witches among us; and like a lot of other things in the world we would be surprised to find who they are.   My quest is to sort out the funny from the reality of it and make sure that people understand both.....      Problem is I can't show you folks what I've seen back some time ago and I don't have the information to tell you how to get to the "black web" today for that is invitation only and Lucifer controls who comes and goes..

JTC Thanks for the help in introducing the dark side.

• Thumbs Up 2