IGNORED

How are you celebrating Halloween? Or are you? Why or why not?

other one

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,939
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  232
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

. . . and why don't we see Independence Day is evil threads? People get injured, houses burn down, air is polluted from fireworks and barbecues, we increase global warming, people get drunk and the problems with that, not to mention that those who fought for independence were violating Romans 13:1:

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Maybe we should repent and in keeping with Christians and conservative values, give ourselves back to England, pay restitution, and brand those people as criminals. (Wonders now if I did not just start something, lol).

:foot-stomp: who said we want you back ??????

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

17 minutes ago, ladypeartree said:

:foot-stomp: who said we want you back ??????

Not sure anyone did, but unlike the prodigal son, we do have some change in our pockets!

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I doubt it, that never really stopped people before, but I think we have pulled enough weeds around here, that it has been noticed and that changed the climate some, as well as served notice that we can be serious when we need to be.

keep in mind as you prepare for the 4th that you always get the best fireworks from that guy with three fingers on his left hand...

• Haha 3

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Last year. I took my daughter trick or treating and we went to our pastor's house and rung his door bell. When he came to the door we yell "trick or treat"! He was happy to see us and gave us candy! That was fun! :rofl:

• Loved it! 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.75
  • Days Won:  21

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Last year. I took my daughter trick or treating and we went to our pastor's house and rung his door bell. When he came to the door we yell "trick or treat"! He was happy to see us and gave us candy! That was fun! :rofl:

Some of the funnest memories of my childhood were trick or treating. My dad wasn’t a nice man and we didn’t spend a lot of 1 on 1 time together that was positive, but every Halloween until I was 9-10 he’d take me out and dress up with me. 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

(This might be in the wrong place, but I wasn't exactly sure where it should go. Please redirect me or move this forum if it's in the wrong place. Thank you!)

I've been around plenty of Christians who celebrate Halloween, and in the past couple years I've been around Christians who either have never celebrated or stopped celebrating at some point in their life.

I'm personally divided on the subject of whether we should or not. Since it's the appropriate time of year, I'd love to hear why you do or do not celebrate spooky day, and why you are convinced of this stance.

I'd hate to start a fight, so I'll tell you now that I'm really looking for answers which can be backed up, or at least clearly understood with a little bit of explanation. I'll leave the deciding of whether or not your answer is "justified" up to the readers, but again, please don't fight. I'm asking this just to hear the different takes on it.

As for me and my family, I always celebrated as a kid. Trick or treating, decorations, silly Halloween movies, and all that jazz. I realized at some point during my late teens that Halloween seems to bring a big pull toward the occult (something I have dealt with heavily in spiritual warfare) when you grow out of the candy and costumes. Whether it's in movies and TV or the actions of people, ungodly practices, monsters, demons, and other strange things seem to not only be prevalent, but normalized during this time of the year.

I think the thing that really set me off on this journey to find what stance I should take on Halloween as a Christian started when I started meeting Christians who did not celebrate it. I'd never been around anyone who was like that. I would ask them why they decided against it. "It's a holiday that celebrates death.", "The occult is prevalent and even encouraged during Halloween.", "The holiday is a high holy day for witches and Satanists (this one coming from ex-witches/Satanists)." are all general reasons I've heard. I personally don't know if the "high holy day" reason is true, but I can definitely understand the other two and why they might be problematic.

On the other side, I've heard reasons such as "We don't do the scary stuff.", "It's all fun and games.", and "We don't call it Halloween and do a fall festival instead." Not sure if the third reason really counts as being for Halloween, but you get the picture.

I can think of a few verses that I'm sure will show up in the responses as they always seem to show up in this convo:

"Do not participate in the unfruitful deeds of darkness, but instead even expose them;" - Eph. 5:11 -- This is the most common one I hear in objection.

"For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness." - 1 Thess. 5:5

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. " - Eph. 6:12

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. " - Matt 5:16 -- "How can we shine our light if we're participating in darkness?" is usually what I hear with this one.

Alright, I'd love to hear from you,

Blessings!

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

Expect to see more girls (virgins) missing over the next week or so. This is a HORRIBLE season!!

Pray for two girls taken. Amber alert five min ago.

Wayne222's topic in Prayer Requests

Edited by Justin Adams

6 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Expect to see more girls (virgins) missing over the next week or so. This is a HORRIBLE season!!

Not to be a jerk or start an argument. But it seems to me that children go missing year around. I have not seen an increases of this just because it is Halloween.   I think in many of these cases, the child has been taken by a non-custodial parent.

I have thought about this over the years and for me anyway. I can not find anything evil in dressing up as something goofy and knocking on a door asking for candy. Most of the people in my small town sit out on the lawn and give out candy. You don't even have to knock on the door.  And most kids are dressed up as batman. One year I pass a kid dressed as Trump. He was wearing a Trump mask and suit.  

But that is just me. Everyone should do what they think the Lord is directing them to do. I pass no judgment upon them and I ask that they pass no judgment upon me.  That is all. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

The funniest memory of Halloween I have was when my daughter was 4 years old and it was the first time I took her trick or treating.  We didn't really have a costume for her so I fond stuff around the house to dress her up. I found a  camouflage shirt, some camouflage pants, and a hat so she became a solders. Found some green and black Halloween face make up put it on her face and she was ready to go. So off we went. We lived in the country so I had to drive into town for trick or treating. 

We came to a house and someone was siting on the porch dressed up as the grim reaper handing out candy. My daughter took some candy and then said in the cutest 4 year old voice. "Thank You Monster."    It was the cutest thing ever! :)

• Thumbs Up 1