• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

So its OK if i accidentally start a prayer  and don't finish it as long as I ask for forgiveness

Actually, we should always be in prayer, according to Paul (1 Thessalonians 5:17). I think it's good advice. But as far as your situation goes, I think you are fine.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,388
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:44 AM, 4everyume said:

So its OK if i accidentally start a prayer  and don't finish it as long as I ask for forgiveness

If you are concerned, you could always finish the prayer;

"Jesus - I again surrender ownership of my life to Your Lordship in the belief that you died for my sins that I may be reconciled to God. I now declare that you are my Lord and my Saviour. Thank you for your love and for salvation. Amen."

There is no harm in a heartfelt rededication.

Don't over-think it. God is not looking for ways to reject you on technicalities. God is motivated to save and love you. He hears your heart more than your words.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

27 minutes ago, Tristen said:

If you are concerned, you could always finish the prayer;

"Jesus - I again surrender ownership of my life to Your Lordship in the belief that you died for my sins that I may be reconciled to God. I now declare that you are my Lord and my Saviour. Thank you for your love and for salvation. Amen."

There is no harm in a heartfelt rededication.

Don't over-think it. God is not looking for ways to reject you on technicalities. God is motivated to save and love you. He hears your heart more than your words.

But will it unsave me if I don't or am I going to hell if I dont because I already said it I just accidentally started saying it again and stopped

Edited by 4everyume

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

20 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

But will it unsave me if I don't or am I going to hell if I dont because I already said it I just accidentally started saying it again and stopped

Saying the prayer doesn't save you, what is in your heart saves you. The prayer is not a magical spell to save.

Now, take a few breaths. It's ok. A few words said or missed will not unsave you. 

Prayers are a conversation with God. Just like any conversation, sometimes we forget to say something, or we miss a few words, and it's ok.

Do you understand that God loves you and a few miss spoken words don't matter to Him in the conversation, His love is greater than that. 

12 minutes ago, leah777 said:

Saying the prayer doesn't save you, what is in your heart saves you. The prayer is not a magical spell to save.

Now, take a few breaths. It's ok. A few words said or missed will not unsave you. 

Prayers are a conversation with God. Just like any conversation, sometimes we forget to say something, or we miss a few words, and it's ok.

Do you understand that God loves you and a few miss spoken words don't matter to Him in the conversation, His love is greater than that. 

No I prayed the prayer to get saved and I accidentally started to say these prayer again do I have to finish the prayer and if I dont finish the prayer will I go to hell or am I fine am I still saved

43 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

No.

If Jesus is sincerely your Lord, you are saved. Period.

Like all of us, you will make serious mistakes along the way (i.e. actual sins) - but God is gracious and merciful and ready to forgive. God knew exactly what He was getting with us - and He loves us anyway. He is not surprised by our weaknesses. God loves you with a passionate love. No amount of misspoken words will ever be able to change that.

Note that what you describe here is not a serious mistake in any sense (i.e. not a sin or offence to God). My initial point was that if you are concerned, it is easily fixed by finishing the prayer. You could pray the same prayer every day for the rest of your life without compromising your salvation. Alternatively, you can simply offer the incident to God and ask forgiveness if you have committed any sins (which you have not in this incident) - and God will forgive you - as He has promised.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

9 minutes ago, 4everyume said:

No I prayed the prayer to get saved and I accidentally started to say these prayer again do I have to finish the prayer and if I dont finish the prayer will I go to hell or am I fine am I still saved

I don't understand how saying the prayer again, even part of it, can do anything, whether you finish it or not. You prayed to be saved once, so you are now saved. 

31 minutes ago, Tristen said:

No.

If Jesus is sincerely your Lord, you are saved. Period.

Like all of us, you will make serious mistakes along the way (i.e. actual sins) - but God is gracious and merciful and ready to forgive. God knew exactly what He was getting with us - and He loves us anyway. He is not surprised by our weaknesses. God loves you with a passionate love. No amount of misspoken words will ever be able to change that.

Note that what you describe here is not a serious mistake in any sense (i.e. not a sin or offence to God). My initial point was that if you are concerned, it is easily fixed by finishing the prayer. You could pray the same prayer every day for the rest of your life without compromising your salvation. Alternatively, you can simply offer the incident to God and ask forgiveness if you have committed any sins (which you have not in this incident) - and God will forgive you - as He has promised.

So if I dont if i dont finish the prayer i started is it OK cause i prayed it and finished it before so am I still saved?

Edited by 4everyume

1 hour ago, 4everyume said:

So if I dont if i dont finish the prayer i started is it OK cause i prayed it and finished it before so am I still saved?

If you were saved before, you are still saved.

This partial prayer is of no consequence to your salvation. Either finish it, or don't finish it - it won't change your salvation status.

• Well Said! 1

4 minutes ago, Tristen said:

If you were saved before, you are still saved.

This partial prayer is of no consequence to your salvation. Either finish it, or don't finish it - it won't change your salvation status.

OK thank you ive been so worried about this