• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,641
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, other one said:

If used properly it surely can.  That's why they are used in hospital settings.    It's partly how people with the virus can be treated in hospital settings without the caregivers getting sick.

Like any tool, it can be negative if not used properly.   Question should be, "Does it always?"   and the answer to that question is no it doesn't always.  But since the up front load of the virus intake makes a very large difference in how our body reacts, it's way too complex to say that it doesn't help at all.    It may well make the difference in a light case or disaster since it is usually our own immune system that damages us or takes out life.

As I have pointed out previously even the N95 doesn't stop the virus. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Diaste said:

As I have pointed out previously even the N95 doesn't stop the virus. 

functionally it can because the virus is not floating around in the air all by itself....   technically it is smaller than the holes in the mask, but the vast majority of the virus will be in small water droplets that the mask does stop.    And as I have said many times here the initial load of the virus makes a huge difference in how effect the virus can infect a person...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 1/5/2021 at 6:44 AM, Diaste said:

N95 masks are designed to stop 95% of particles .1 microns and larger. The covid virus ranges in size from .05-.2 microns. Cloth masks do little other than provide a false security.

You can check the facts at the Mayo Clinic, 3M and CDC websites.

During the Spanish flu there was no difference in the rate of contagion in communities that wore the masks and those that didn't. 

In the interest of full disclosure I wore one at work for a short time, only after I let the CEO know the reasons behind my great displeasure, to which he agreed, all in line with several previous conversations we had. 

I put it on for him as I could see the fear in him over potentially having the business shut down and losing everything he worked for over the last 30 years. But all of us have pretty much stopped wearing it now.

Shalom, Diaste.

That's very interesting! I knew they were useless, but I didn't really know all the details as to WHY they were so useless.

My daughter hates masks; she has claustrophobia and actually has panic attacks if forced to wear a mask! She lives here in Florida and has been job-searching lately, changing jobs. Despite Florida's stance on a no-need-for-mask policy, some companies still require them for direct, person-to-person contact with clients.

When she asked one company what their policy was on wearing masks and told them her hatred for them, one HR worker actually suggested she seek psychological help! Needless to say, they lost her interest in being one of THEIR employees!

I think it's all a matter of getting people to have a "security blanket"; so, there will be less public panic over the epidemic. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

9 hours ago, Diaste said:

To accept governmental authority for safety, life and health. 

Worked too, all over the world.

People are still caught up in it like Jesus Christ isn't the savoir of our lives.

As if government mandates can stop a virus. 

Do you drive a car and wear a seatbelt is there a difference in protection

4 hours ago, BeyondET said:

Do you drive a car and wear a seatbelt is there a difference in protection

I saw a shift and it is a dramatic one. 

13 hours ago, other one said:

functionally it can because the virus is not floating around in the air all by itself....   technically it is smaller than the holes in the mask, but the vast majority of the virus will be in small water droplets that the mask does stop.    And as I have said many times here the initial load of the virus makes a huge difference in how effect the virus can infect a person...

Even if that's true and it could filter the carrier it's not sealed. Unfiltered air infiltrates all around the mask, especially around the nose. I wore the N95 sanding sheetrock. Even cleanshaven the mask leaks. Doesn't stop exhalation. When we needed to stop infiltration we wore respirators, cleanshaven, and even used a light grease to seal the mask against the skin. That stopped everything till the filters gave out in 6-8 hours.

When people work with viruses they are in complete body suits and pumping air into the suit for positive pressure to stop any infiltration. 

And this doesn't even begin to deal with contaminated surfaces in all the open businesses. we took major precautions and still had several people out for extended periods. Then they would quarantine a whole family for weeks and all of them would get it, then a longer quarantine. Check out the Plague for how well this worked for them.

If the masks work why social distance? If the masks work why shut down 1M businesses? If the masks work why quarantine?

I'll tell you why, to exercise control and see if we'll capitulate.

Any number of viruses over the years were never like this and on such a scale. 

I'm not including vulnerable people that have to be careful based on existing conditions. We all have to take of them. But to impose this on a healthy population large scale? There's a lot of this that is very suspicious.

Edited by Diaste
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

Sometimes you need to tell them the same thing 1,000,001 times.  One million isn't enough. 

Better make it a million and 2

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 7/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, other one said:

I have a nephew that is involved in AI creation and talking with him is the most frightening thing I've done for years.   When they become self taught, we loose control of them....    And when two of them have gotten together a couple of years ago, they developed their own language and started doing things together and no one understood or knew what they were doing.   Fortunately they were able to shut them down, but if they had gotten out of their servers there is no telling what would have happened.

AI has already progressed to be more than just a tool according to Chris.

Shalom, other one.

They've ALWAYS been "self-taught!" They LEARN based on the results of their input.

The original AI was as simple as animal-recognition: It started with two animals, and each time it didn't match one of the two, it created a new branch, and asked how it was different than one of the two animals it "thought" it was. One had to input a response for it to "know" how the new animal, which was closer to one of the two than the other, was different than the animal it concluded it was. Then, it incorporated this response into a new question for deciding between the original animal and the new animal.

Such a program would be ideal for disease recognition, and it was used to create "doctor's aides" that isolated the symptoms one was having to make a rough diagnosis of what the patient MIGHT have. It was NOT definitive, and the results had to be verified by a real person.

It was also a good tool for warehouse stocking, and the first time I saw it used was for OMC (Outboard Motor Corp.) in Beloit Wisconsin. It controlled the picking routines for the forklifts that were "manned" but drove themselves to their destinations and picked the products that were being delivered to other locations by truck. (The person was along for the ride and confirmed the pick with a manifest and was there to "help" if there were technical issues, such as power outages. He could still manually drive it, if problems arose.)

Sometime in there, "fuzzy logic" was introduced which gave a degree of certainty to a conclusion, having a number between 0 inclusive and 1 inclusive to determine how accurate the results could be trusted. 0 was totally false, and 1 was totally true (or vice versa, if using negative logic), but a number between 0 and 1 was a percentage (divided by 100) of how well a result could be trusted to be true.

No matter how complicated it could develop, there were always fundamental facts and truisms upon which its logic would be based, and programmers were still in charge of the fundamentals. Now, IF the programmer is not a Christian, THAT would be the scary scenario! Starting with fundamentals that were biased in the wrong direction would cause bizarre conclusions.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.47
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Rabbit hole that doesn't exist. There is no such thing as AI and never will be. It is a SF construct. Imagination. And folks are creating additional 'prophetic constructs' around something that isn't real.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, Alive said:

And folks are creating additional 'prophetic constructs' around something that isn't real.

They so badly want a fake saviour they try to create stuff that can never work properly in a million years (thankfully). I have been involved in hi-level control systems for over 40 years. Trying to get it to work smoothly is a major issue. One small unforeseen program error or component failure can bring it all crashing down in a heartbeat. Ref the BOE Max failures and you will see what I mean.  :crosseyed: