• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,596
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

9 hours ago, Alive said:

Rabbit hole that doesn't exist. There is no such thing as AI and never will be. It is a SF construct. Imagination. And folks are creating additional 'prophetic constructs' around something that isn't real.

Shalom, Alive.

No, there really is such a thing as "Artificial Intelligence," but it's just that - ARTIFICIAL. It's not true intelligence, but it SIMULATES true intelligence. It's ARTIFICIAL; that is, it's designed to LOOK LIKE the real thing.

There's a reason why I call myself "Retrobyter." It's because I'm an "old-school" computer programmer (one who deals in "bytes"), having learned to program computers in BASIC, COBOL, Pascal, RPG, Fortran, C, C++, C#, and some assembly languages. These programs are technically called "application programs." They're a series of commands, like recipes, written for computers to follow step-by-step, accomplishing some task, interacting with sensors and devices outside of the computer's operation so they can be useful for certain interactions with normal events and human beings outside of the actual computer's calculations.

Today, these application programs are shortened to just "apps," and now exist on these small, hand-held computers we call "cell phones," as well as other such devices including laptops, desktop computers, and towers. There are also some minicomputers still in use as well as mainframes, although most of these have been switched out in preference for a bank of towers dedicated as "servers."

Consistency and continuity are essential for the operation of certain tasks. Some people are good at this and we call them "faithful" and "consistent," but most people have a need for diversity and spontaneity. We, like our Creator, need diversity and enjoy variety, varying our work to keep us interested in what we are doing, and we call these people "creative" and "inventive." That's good, too, but it causes "glitches" in repetitive tasks. So, we've created computers and automatons (robots) to consistently do repetitive tasks.

However, the real world sometimes needs "tweeking." Machinery, for instance, needs to be calibrated, from time to time, as parts wear and need to be maintained or replaced. So, we've created "sensors" to act as human senses. These are devices that detect changes in the environment and machinery to provide "feedback" to the system - information upon which the programs can act to vary the work for these needs. Thus, some of these simpler tasks can be delegated to the work of the computers and robotics to perform automatically, as needed.

But, occasionally, there's a "fluke"; something that doesn't fit into the normal range of the maintenance, which requires human intervention.

People, especially women, are good at doing more than one thing at a time. (I'm NOT! I'm VERY single-minded and need to perform a single thing at a time. I keep trying to tell my wife this, but she doesn't listen.) But, computers were generally always doing one calculation or task at a time. Eventually, someone started to use multiple processors to do certain tasks at the same time, but some master processor had to be responsible to delegate these tasks to the slave processors, like a print driver, to do a secondary task, like printing a report. The secondary processor was given a task to perform on its own until that task was finished.

As computers became faster and faster, the decisions to invoke these secondary processors became necessary to make on-the-fly; so, a person wasn't needed to step in and make it happen. Thus, the NEED for "artificial intelligence" was born, and the designers - both developers and programmers - made AI to accomplish these tasks.

Don't read too much into this, but the first such programs written to invoke secondary processors were called "daimons" (or in Latin, "daemons"), a Greek word that means "lords" or "controllers." In Greek mythology, they were the lesser "gods" who controlled some part of nature. Thus, a "printer daemon" was invoked which controlled the processing of print documents, especially from multiple users who used the same printer in a computer environment. It was responsible for keeping the printing going, while keeping the various printer requests from stepping on each other, printing one document at a time, but keeping a list of all the print requests for that printer. It was also expanded to be able to drive more than one printer at a time.

Eventually, this world of cybernetics collided with the world of philosophy, and the fiction, especially science fiction, explored the potential of expanding this automatic control to the world of human interactions and interactivity. And, the world of science fiction often becomes science fact, as more people begin to think, "this would be nice to have" and "we can do this; we can make this happen!"

And, philosophy has ALWAYS collided with the field of theology.

"Booting a computer" has been a phrase used for starting a computer since the beginning. It comes from the phrase "pulling oneself up by his bootstraps." Theology is the "study of God," and it only differs with philosophy WHEN one tries to take God out of philosophy. Man is ALWAYS trying to "pull himself up by his own bootstraps"; hence, humanism, which is the study of philosophy without God in the equation.

AI is not a bad thing; it's a useful tool, and it could be so much more IF a Christian with a godly mindset, starting with a godly wisdom, developed both his philosophy and his AI based on those premises that recognize God's rightful control of this world.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

20 hours ago, other one said:

then why do they even bother wearing them in hospitals....   all the evil bugs are about that size.    And what's the problem with wearing masks if they are properly taken care of.    I use masks in my garage that are rated at n98 doing all kinds of work sanding and painting.  I have a beard and I have never had leakage around the masks even when painting or working with sheetrock.

If you don't want to wear a mask I don't have a problem with that, but to tell others they shouldn't I do have a problem with.   When all this started it was very obvious that the countries where masks were already being worn had little trouble with the virus spreading.   They were accustom to wearing the masks and the proper way to take care of them.

Still today Taiwan only has about 15 thousand total cases.   That's about .06% of their population.  USA 10% of our population has tested positive for it.    .18% of the population has died.   We have three times more people died than they have even been infected when looked at % of population.

I would agree with you that if a person does not use a mask properly it can cause problems.   All kinds of crap grows in them if they are not cleaned and disinfected.....   but all that crap was destined for our lungs if we didn't wear the mask in the first place.

When I'm out on a walk or hiking in the woods, I have much less allergy trouble if I wear a mask..

Whatever the case, the mask being the mark of the beast or even it's precursor is so over the top it's hard to even comment on it.

I'm not going into detail but the spread of a virus, the susceptibility of the population and the numbers have many more related factors than mask wearing. But none of that is the point. 

Is this virus a moment or event used by the enemy to condition the population to accept with little question or resistance government mandates to keep us safe and alive? You say no, I say there are many questions and more than a few striking anomalies to consider. 

I did not say nor imply it's the mark nor a precursor. I'm saying it's a test to see what the people will accept. 

And don't think we aren't being conditioned. Maybe not you and I but broadcast television is propaganda, mind control and conditioning. It's more subtle than A Clockwork Orange but it is 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and we are nearly at Animal Farm in a global sense. Maybe we are already there and it's just not overt.

People can do as they wish and I do not much care if they wear a mask or not. There is much to consider and it's more and less than the powers that be are willing to share. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,134
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

You say no, I say there are many questions and more than a few striking anomalies to consider. 

I don't see that all the countries that wear masks fairing much better than the rest of us is a simple anomaly.   And I certainly didn't wear masks under the conditions you suggest.   I also look at the agendas of everyone and not just one side.

I can live with my decision....

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I'm not going into detail but the spread of a virus, the susceptibility of the population and the numbers have many more related factors than mask wearing. But none of that is the point. 

Is this virus a moment or event used by the enemy to condition the population to accept with little question or resistance government mandates to keep us safe and alive? You say no, I say there are many questions and more than a few striking anomalies to consider. 

I did not say nor imply it's the mark nor a precursor. I'm saying it's a test to see what the people will accept. 

And don't think we aren't being conditioned. Maybe not you and I but broadcast television is propaganda, mind control and conditioning. It's more subtle than A Clockwork Orange but it is 1984, Fahrenheit 451, and we are nearly at Animal Farm in a global sense. Maybe we are already there and it's just not overt.

People can do as they wish and I do not much care if they wear a mask or not. There is much to consider and it's more and less than the powers that be are willing to share. 

After Bible school, I went back to College and my major was Computer Science....to give you an idea we played on a DG MV8000. Ya linear and modular---I know full well how it works and then some.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

Once upon a time,

A government military general told his troops to keep your head down.

But one person said, "I'm a Christian, I can jump up and dance in the middle of the battlefield and nothing can hurt me! God will protect me!"

So he jumped up and was shot immediately.

Of course no Christians were ever killed in battle or have died from the plague.

-------

Maybe he forgot that it says that you will not tempt the Lord your God.

-----

The virus will KILL you after terrible suffering and pain.

When you are in the hospital suffering with a tube in your mouth, and the nurse says we hope that we can save you, then you will think, "If I would only have listened and worn a mask then I would not be suffering like this."

Ask anyone who has had the virus or knows someone who has suffered terribly with it, ask them what they would have to avoid having it.

Just wear the mask, for yourself and the others around you. 

The people I know, said it was the worst thing that ever happened to them. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,629
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/8/2021 at 5:54 AM, Alive said:

After Bible school, I went back to College and my major was Computer Science....to give you an idea we played on a DG MV8000. Ya linear and modular---I know full well how it works and then some.

I don't understand.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

I don't understand.

My mistake, @Diaste--I meant to quote @Retrobyter