• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/20/2020 at 5:22 AM, Diaste said:

Since when did a paper mask stop an airborne virus?

Exactly.  It's ludicrous.  It's analogous to using a chain linked fence to keep out (or in) mosquitos.  A mask is more akin to a talisman than anything scientific.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,640
  • Content Per Day:  1.98
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Exactly.  It's ludicrous.  It's analogous to using a chain linked fence to keep out (or in) mosquitos.  A mask is more akin to a talisman than anything scientific.

Or a symbol of allegiance to the authority. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

those countries that were wearing masks seemed to fare much better than those of us that didn't.     

Locally we are in a real spike and most everyone wears masks around here.   But the people that I know that have caught the virus had been places or done things without a mask.   Kind of weird when a group of people go to a baby shower after church service and have a meal together and of course everyone took their masks off to eat....   and they all (about 30) got sick and tested positive.  My best friend is still on oxygen after a month and a half and may never fully recover.

With this virus, it only takes one little slip up without a mask, or not properly handling the mask to defeat the whole purpose of wearing one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see earing a mask as a control thing, to me its a caring thing. The mask wearing can be agitating at times especially when i get to the door of a place and realize i forgot to put it on and go back to car and get it. its getting easier since its becoming a habit.

It seems not wanting to wear a mask is just rebellion of people that don't like being told what to do, even if its for the sake of others. 

The what if in my mind is enough. What if i can save a life just by putting on a mask. Its not hard to do.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, other one said:

those countries that were wearing masks seemed to fare much better than those of us that didn't.     

Locally we are in a real spike and most everyone wears masks around here.   But the people that I know that have caught the virus had been places or done things without a mask.   Kind of weird when a group of people go to a baby shower after church service and have a meal together and of course everyone took their masks off to eat....   and they all (about 30) got sick and tested positive.  My best friend is still on oxygen after a month and a half and may never fully recover.

With this virus, it only takes one little slip up without a mask, or not properly handling the mask to defeat the whole purpose of wearing one.

And yet a 74 year old friend of mine had the virus, tested positive, her doctor gave her no treatment, 3 days later she tested negative. 

One wonders about underlying health issues in people stricken down hard by what is no more deadly than the common cold. 

4 hours ago, brotherdon said:

I don't see earing a mask as a control thing, to me its a caring thing. The mask wearing can be agitating at times especially when i get to the door of a place and realize i forgot to put it on and go back to car and get it. its getting easier since its becoming a habit.

It seems not wanting to wear a mask is just rebellion of people that don't like being told what to do, even if its for the sake of others. 

The what if in my mind is enough. What if i can save a life just by putting on a mask. Its not hard to do.

So you're stopping a virus with a cloth mask? 

You don't find that implausible?

People live because you wear a mask?

That's quite the responsibility. I had no idea we had that power.

Masks were proven ineffective against Spanish flu and some concluded the masks caused issues.

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

And yet a 74 year old friend of mine had the virus, tested positive, her doctor gave her no treatment, 3 days later she tested negative. 

One wonders about underlying health issues in people stricken down hard by what is no more deadly than the common cold. 

with the situation that this has created there are many things that will pop up...   I have friends who have had it twice and gotten over it both times...   so far about 80% of the people who get it seem to be ok.   three percent die and 15 to 20 percent are long haulers and have long term damage...   and we never hear about those folks on either side of the news.

If I were 25 instead of 73 with copd and a wife with MS, I wouldn't be concerned and with my career would not have stopped working...   but a large part of our population is old.

Shutting down is pretty much suicidal for our economy and well being in general from my point of view....   but considering the number of older people in the country today I just think it's non productive to fight over wearing masks...

The Federal Government does not have the authority to make you wear a mask and if Biden does decide to push that we should fight him tooth and toenail to stop it.

However States do have the authority to do that in a lot of places....   and if you don't like it, change the law..    don't bitch about it and create stress in society.

1 hour ago, other one said:

with the situation that this has created there are many things that will pop up...   I have friends who have had it twice and gotten over it both times...   so far about 80% of the people who get it seem to be ok.   three percent die and 15 to 20 percent are long haulers and have long term damage...   and we never hear about those folks on either side of the news.

If I were 25 instead of 73 with copd and a wife with MS, I wouldn't be concerned and with my career would not have stopped working...   but a large part of our population is old.

Shutting down is pretty much suicidal for our economy and well being in general from my point of view....   but considering the number of older people in the country today I just think it's non productive to fight over wearing masks...

The Federal Government does not have the authority to make you wear a mask and if Biden does decide to push that we should fight him tooth and toenail to stop it.

However States do have the authority to do that in a lot of places....   and if you don't like it, change the law..    don't bitch about it and create stress in society.

If you're vulnerable and concerned, quarantine. I don't see it as productive to wear the mask or shame others into wearing it, as it's mostly ineffective.

States do not have the authority to limit constitutional freedoms based on fear or health. I get they have assumed that power but it certainly is not a power granted by the Constitution and in fact is refuted.

You might be surprised what people may do about it. You're not paying attention if you think getting elected will change anything. The bureaucracy is too bloated. A purge is needed. Those in power right now at the state level are too entrenched, having grown accustomed to power. Power which has been given to bureaucrats; unelected bureaucrats. Wholly unconstitutional.

Thanks for the advice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, other one said:

No the countries that have fared well and still so, are those  countries who from the get go,kept people out and continued their business as usual like: Vietnam

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, 1to3 said:

No the countries that have fared well and still so, are those  countries who from the get go,kept people out and continued their business as usual like: Vietnam

last time I checked Taiwan about 800 total cases and less than ten total deaths...    and they were wearing masks years before this all started.  Vietnam has done quite well also, but according to several places I looked their government recommended that people wear masks in public.  I would agree that Lockdowns don't work and people should not do so.   At least those not at serious risk like old folks and people with medical problems.  They are also very community oriented and don't go to work when they are sick.