IGNORED

If God doesnt communicate with you much does that mean you're not important to him?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I don't rely on yesterday's manna, but I do consider the remembrance altars. Sometimes I think we just go through the wilderness. 

However, when I've asked God for a little relief... He's spoken to me. Last time it was "I've got your back" (AKA - my grace is sufficient for you). Today, considering the joy the Lord gives, I cried a little. ??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

Two points.

Imagine you work in Starbucks in your town. A question for you.

How often would the managing director contact you to tell you to serve coffee?

You have a shop manager, a bar supervisor and your instructions/training, you get on with the job.

Christianity is the same. We have our instructions and we are to get on with it.

However for our support we have the Bible, prayer and church services.

If one is 'feeling' left out, an immediate question is are you listening?

Second point.

What did Jesus say to Thomas?

He fully expected there to be plenty of Christians who lived there lives on Bible readings, prayer and sermons.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

33 minutes ago, Who me said:

Two points.

Imagine you work in Starbucks in your town. A question for you.

How often would the managing director contact you to tell you to serve coffee?

You have a shop manager, a bar supervisor and your instructions/training, you get on with the job.

Christianity is the same. We have our instructions and we are to get on with it.

However for our support we have the Bible, prayer and church services.

If one is 'feeling' left out, an immediate question is are you listening?

Second point.

What did Jesus say to Thomas?

He fully expected there to be plenty of Christians who lived there lives on Bible readings, prayer and sermons.

The difference is that the store manager isn't our beloved Father whom we address as "Abba!".  We are sons, not servants. 

John 15:15 From now on I call you not servants; for the servant knows not what his lord does: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known to you.

We are to have servant hearts, not servant minds. 

Many Muslims today are converting to Christianity today through dreams and visions from God. As the scriptures saying in Acts 2:17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

God communicates with us in many way - not just through sermons and Bible readings (although these are also vitally important). And as for prayer, that's two way as well.

Edited by NotAllThere

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

On 11/21/2020 at 10:37 AM, Figure of eighty said:

By that I dont mean God not loving you. He loves everyone-- Im saying if he doesn't communicate with you as much as he does someone else, giving them dreams ot speaking to them and what not does it just mean you wont be used for a big purpose like the other person? 

I feel Im im an ok position. Im not engaging in sin or anything -- I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

It makes me feel like God is keeping me at arm's length and there's no use in me trying bc he already has his favorites.

Hi I'll say this.  Sometimes, Christians, seekers, and non-Christians alike miss how God speaks to us every single day. Sometimes God speaks to us through the small things in life that we may miss or think are just coincidences.  It's so important not to miss the small ways God speaks to us.  It could be as simple as someone calling you when you weren't expecting it.  It could be a butterfly landing on your finger as your contemplating the awe of God's creation.  There are so many ways that God speaks to us.

Edited by Amigo42
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

By that I dont mean God not loving you. He loves everyone-- Im saying if he doesn't communicate with you as much as he does someone else, giving them dreams ot speaking to them and what not does it just mean you wont be used for a big purpose like the other person? 

I feel Im im an ok position. Im not engaging in sin or anything -- I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

It makes me feel like God is keeping me at arm's length and there's no use in me trying bc he already has his favorites.

Usually in my experience those who say God is directly communicating with them in dreams and vision are often just made up for the purpose of claiming divine inspiration for their opinions.   I do not take such claims as being serious.   God does communicate to all believers thru his Word and Illumination of his word.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Usually in my experience those who say God is directly communicating with them in dreams and vision are often just made up for the purpose of claiming divine inspiration for their opinions.   I do not take such claims as being serious.   God does communicate to all believers thru his Word and Illumination of his word.

I would be careful here, brother and avoid indicting a sibling in such a way. You don't know how our Father deals with each of His sons.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

I am one blade of grass in a world wide meadow. Why should I expect any more from the One that saved me? It is ME that should give Him my oath of fealty, and I should  never depart from BELIEVING on Him with all that I am.

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 11/21/2020 at 7:37 AM, Figure of eighty said:

God is always with you. God does not have favorites. Make sure that your heart is with God 100%.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I forget how long I've been a believer but it's been a very very long time. I find my dialog with the Father is often an unbroken line. I feel He has never stopped being there, even when I doubted He was there. 

God's communication is far more developed and expanded than human communication. Let me attempt to explain- We are the perfect merge of souls. There is no need for anything extraordinary to happen because communication is ordinary as in every day and often.

He sees the deepest depths of my soul. He understand me better than anyone. 

Like  child  on a trip who is constantly saying, " Are we there yet??" often I'm trying to hurry God along. God why won't this happen? God why is this happening? God will you do something else? I'm always tugging at His coat tails. Then I realize  I'm on a set course and take comfort in knowing that. 

I know I'm as important to Him as I need to be. He tells me not to worry through His word. As emotional beings we constantly check to see if everything is ok based on how we feel about it. Regardless everything is always ok no matter how we feel. Trust God. There isn't a more sure thing period.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

I just wonder why no matter how much I pray or fast I dont hear much from God.  

Daniels prayer was hindered by the prince of persia. Daniel 10:13 Moses use to fast for 40 days to hear from God.