Amanda Frances

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Even some of the secular world gets it...

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”― Edmund Burke 

One of the reasons America (and the rest of the world) is where we're at; is because the church in general has been sitting on their hands. The church once had influence over government, business and society. Now government, business and society is controlling Christians and churches. 

Seems like the church is sitting idling by and not standing up for our faith and morality. Last check, 75% of Americans claim the Christian faith [yes, I know what you're thinking and want to say]. If many of those 75% would vote and spend with their moral belief's, values and conscience... We probably wouldn't be discussing this?

Who is the church? Each and everyone of us individually.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  62
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/31/2020 at 12:03 PM, Willa said:

It would be better to boycott the company that makes the blasphemous tee shirts than to boycott Amazon.  

Hmmm? You bring up a good point.  Doesn't Amazon just act as a virtual "swap meet" if you will.  I think of them as an online gathering place for vendors.  Admittedly, I don't know lots about Amazon so I may be way off base here. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, hdtwice said:

Hmmm? You bring up a good point.  Doesn't Amazon just act as a virtual "swap meet" if you will.  I think of them as an online gathering place for vendors.  Admittedly, I don't know lots about Amazon so I may be way off base here. 

Its not just Amazon or the businesses that sell their merchandise through them, or any company that thrives in this world This is about the minimizing of Christ in the world. It is the spirit of antichrist and this trend will continue until Jesus returns. This spirit is in everything that is of the world. Boycotting is nothing to worlds systems. We have to remember what Christ and his word teaches us about the last days. 2 Timothy 3 says it well.  Also read Revelation 18 about Babylon

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Its not just Amazon or the businesses that sell their merchandise through them, or any company that thrives in this world This is about the minimizing of Christ in the world. It is the spirit of antichrist and this trend will continue until returns. This spirit is in everything that is of the world. Boycotting is nothing to worlds systems. We have to remember what Christ and his word teaches us about the last days. 2 Timothy 3 says it well.  

I agree. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  348
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,499
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 1/3/2021 at 4:38 PM, anynmsfmly said:

Yep. My family basically wants to travel, shop, And watch politics. At least we are keeping up with something. But, It's become worse since the churches around here aren't setting a good example with the masks. I don't know how we can go back to church now, Unless it is to one who has set a good example with mask wearing. My parents want to go to one that is. We will see.

I personally have mixed feelings about the effectiveness of these cloth masks. We all know any virus can pass right through them, as if they're ineffective. I won't detail N-95 and HEPA filtration, or what the CDC wears for any virus. 

A persons eyes will receive a virus as readily as nose and mouth. Walking around Walmart or where ever and touching / handling everything people are touching. You get an eye itch and without even thinking, what do we do? 

Perhaps these paper masks will reduce the "volume'" or percentage and amount emitting a tiny bit? No matter what you're wearing, if a person is out in public, they're at risk of exposure. What if your postal carrier has it, and you retrieve your mail? Exchanging paper money, handing your debit/credit card back and forth for payment, etc. Walking back to your car taking your mask off, then wiping away the built up condensation around your nose and mouth. 

Seems to me, it's a balancing act of common sense, risk vs. reward? We can't remain in isolation forever or long periods [mental health, store needs, license plate stickers, you name it]. If history is any guide; this virus will just have to run its course. 

Are there exceptions or "if's" with the following? Do we stop going to church for how many years it takes for this virus to run its course? 

Hebrews 10:25 (KJV) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

We definitely see the day approaching! The big problem with this virus seems to be; being contagious and not showing any symptoms for a number of days, and some not showing any symptoms?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

But is not the virus moving via water droplets? Not just floating along on the breeze.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

An interesting happening.

After Church services (mandatory masks as I understand though we do not attend in person) a couple of months ago there was a baby shower.  In good Nazarene norms there was a meal afterward where a group of about 30 took the masks off and ate.   All tested positive 4 days later and my best friend is finally out of the hospital (5 weeks) but still on oxygen at home.

Same people had been attending Church physically but keeping masks on.

Just something to consider.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I thought this was the Amazon topic. How did we get on mask? 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.91

It is. The pandemic pervades everything!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

26 minutes ago, teddyv said:

It is. The pandemic pervades everything!

Well okay I will just go with it I guess.