• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,127
  • Content Per Day:  9.65
  • Days Won:  149

4 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I THINK I read SOMEWHERE, something in the Bible that said 'don't learn about that stuff' but can't find it,  SO I can't be positive, SO I just don't just in case, but that is just me.  

Uh Oh :blink: I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

I often look at all sorts of different things for my own knowledge. Lat night I was going through YouTube videos and came across one that was "Islam in 10 minutes". I have no interest in becoming one. Was interesting to learn about it.

Right now I'm reading a book on the Ugarit texts. These are old texts the Hebrew language is based off of. These texts are not Christian texts yet there are parallels to the Hebrew language and some stories.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Starise said:

Uh Oh :blink: I hope I'm not doing anything wrong.

I often look at all sorts of different things for my own knowledge. Lat night I was going through YouTube videos and came across one that was "Islam in 10 minutes". I have no interest in becoming one. Was interesting to learn about it.

Right now I'm reading a book on the Ugarit texts. These are old texts the Hebrew language is based off of. These texts are not Christian texts yet there are parallels to the Hebrew language and some stories.

HEY, I don't have ANY scripture for you, SO DON'T LET what I wrote have any meaning until it is found.  Only thing at this point would be IF YOU FEEL CONVICTED OF IT.  That of course becomes a 'law' of its own.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  245
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,029
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 2/22/2021 at 6:06 AM, other one said:

If you can study and get a good grasp on "M" String Physics, you can start to understand how that can work.

Still on the subject of Babel, I believe there is much more to be discovered about the physical universe, but the inherent problem for mankind is that having advanced knowledge and enhanced technical capabilities can cause some at the forefront to have a God-complex. One such expression of this I have read claims mankind will continue evolving until we know everything. Well leave out the evolving part and we do have indications in Scripture that perfect knowledge will be possible in the next life.

For now we know that space and time are covariant, the one attends the other which is why Einstein was keen to describe the Universe as a spacetime continuum.

Further more we know that physical things have location, and that our senses enable us to determine aspects of space, time, location, velocity, matter, and energy. Cohesion and organisation of these are the essence of natural reality, and the Bible speaks to the properties of supernatural reality, without acceptance of which the natural reality so easily defaults to confusion . . .Babel and Babylon in other words.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,698
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

One of the ways I try and look at Scripture is to look for patterns... if possible. For example, we understand what took place at the beginning of all things through Scripture - Genesis.

We see how God made man, what caused man to sin (disobedience), expulsion from HIS PRESENCE and kicked out of the Garden. Then we continue to move forward and find Nimrod who will also disobey God and construct this massive structure to the heavens. All people would come together, speak the same language, he would consolidate man, their almost singular mission, one ruler, one place to live and work, etc.

I expect the exact same thing to happen at the end of all things but it certainly will not be exactly the same as with the Tower of Babel; we will NOT all come together physically but definitely in other ways that figuratively give us the same type of outcome.

Obviously, during the past 100 years or so, with more attention and movement within the last 30 years of course, there has been this "One World Order" mentality. There seems to be an strong effort for those in power in many countries to try and make this happen..... who knows, but my thought on this TOB (Tower of Babel) comparison is already here and I don't believe it can be stopped and I don't believe it is coincidence that it is named accordingly (for me, there are NO COINCIDENCES in life..... everything happens for a reason and is connected. We may not be able to recognize them and therefore call them "coincidences", but I don't think they are). 

But getting back to today's growing and seemingly unstoppable TOB would be what we call "GOOGLE" - a depository of ALL INFORMATION and where it can and is being used to direct, steer, ensure, and in many cases guarantee outcomes, whether it be a presidential outcome, a left or right wing outcome, what can and can not be said, who may get ousted or fired if their opinion is "unacceptable".... there is absolutely NO LIMIT to this power and they are just beginning to utilize its effectiveness and breath. GOOGLE IS TODAY'S BABEL.

Just my thoughts, Charlie

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,515
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 2/22/2021 at 5:01 AM, Matthew Umbarger said:

Oh. Thank you for the clarification. I understand your point now.

That is certainly an interesting, and unique interpretation. I am sure that I have never heard that Jesus was referring to a literal rock when He said that ....

Jesus was poking Satan and his minions in the eye on Satan's turf. The New Testament and plan for Salvation is veiled in the Old Testament, and Satan and his princes didn't understand it. Take a close look at this verse, it's not about earthly princes:

1 Corinthians 2:8 (KJV) Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.