debrakay

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  20

I am now beginning my second month on Worthy and am still having doubts if a forum is something I can benefit from or something I can contribute to.  I keep coming back to find what it is that I am looking for and let the power of the Holy Spirit lead me.  Some days I sign in.  Some days I do not. Some days I respond to posts and some days I do not. 

There are so many people that are looking for answers to questions that cannot simply be answered.  Many people study and study and seek and seek and question and question.  They use big "theology" words using their personal knowledge and intellect.  That's not me.  It's  very interesting that in this month I have found that the men tend to get into the deepest conversations on theological questions and the women's posts are based more on prayer, love, simple conversation, sharing current life, humor, family, etc. 

For the time being, this will be my scripture for my posting on Worthy Forums:

John 16:16 (NIV)
Jesus went on to say, “In a little while you will see me no more, and then after a little while you will see me.” 

Blessed Easter Resurrection Sunday to ALL!! 

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest kingdombrat
1 hour ago, debrakay said:

Many people study and study and seek and seek and question and question.  They use big "theology" words using their personal knowledge and intellect. 

No one is reading the content of a lot of what is being said,   Once you get a wall of text you're just like pushing your own agenda and no longer paying attention.   No one is getting out of much when the discussions follow a classroom environment wondering who is wrong the most.    Sincere answers with concrete life experience examples of where the Word of God itself is proven is what we need.   He ROSE today! He Died, was Buried, and He Resurrected today!   Yes it's Easter, but it's a Reminder of the importance and value of a sincere Testimony has to offer.   

Yeshua Rose Today and I am everything I need to be all because of Him!

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

5 hours ago, debrakay said:

I am now beginning my second month on Worthy and am still having doubts if a forum is something I can benefit from or something I can contribute to.  I keep coming back to find what it is that I am looking for and let the power of the Holy Spirit lead me.  Some days I sign in.  Some days I do not. Some days I respond to posts and some days I do not. 

Hi debrakay. When you first joined us you were eager to post in Controversial Issues. Have you done that yet? I haven't noticed. 

As a suggestion for a thread, maybe you could start one to share something you have learned about the Tree of Life, mentioned in Genesis, Proverbs, and Revelation.

Rev 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Greetings,

You have pointed out a common dilemma on Christian forums, where as Christians you think we would be more considerate compassionate and sensitive with our comments and responses.

But I think the benefit of criticism is it actually exposes the true nature of the believer, when they are responding from their spirit or when they are responding from their flesh.

Jesus said beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Jesus said ye shall know them by their fruits. Mathew 7:15,20

A good tree will only produce good fruit, and a bad tree will only produce bad fruit.

I believe this is accurate and evident, on all christian forums

The quality of our fruit can be seen, by the way we comment interact and treat each other.

Maybe we can take some comfort in knowing a good tree from a bad tree, and avoid bad trees and fellowship with good trees.

Wisdom from above.

but the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy and the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3:17-18.

Edited by Aries2020
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

On 4/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, Michael37 said:

Hi debrakay. When you first joined us you were eager to post in Controversial Issues. Have you done that yet? I haven't noticed. 

Are you asking if I was "eager to post in controversial issues"?  Controversy is not my forte but I like to listen and learn as long as I can understand.  I understand simple conversation but shy away from the scholars and the language used by scholars in various topics.  I have been reading many different topics but if I cannot understand then I do not normally add a comment.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, kingdombrat said:

No one is reading the content of a lot of what is being said,   Once you get a wall of text you're just like pushing your own agenda and no longer paying attention.   No one is getting out of much when the discussions follow a classroom environment wondering who is wrong the most.  

I dearly love the parables taught by Jesus to the masses of common people.  I am sure when He was in the synagogue with the "elders, teachers, and leaders" the words spoken were far more complex.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, debrakay said:

Are you asking if I was "eager to post in controversial issues"?  Controversy is not my forte but I like to listen and learn as long as I can understand.  I understand simple conversation but shy away from the scholars and the language used by scholars in various topics.  I have been reading many different topics but if I cannot understand then I do not normally add a comment.  

is there confusion here between asking if you want to post controversial issues in regular parts of the forum, and if you want to post in the 'Controversial' section of the forum?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

On 4/4/2021 at 9:01 PM, kingdombrat said:

No one is reading the content of a lot of what is being said,   Once you get a wall of text you're just like pushing your own agenda and no longer paying attention.   No one is getting out of much when the discussions follow a classroom environment wondering who is wrong the most.    Sincere answers with concrete life experience examples of where the Word of God itself is proven is what we need.   He ROSE today! He Died, was Buried, and He Resurrected today!   Yes it's Easter, but it's a Reminder of the importance and value of a sincere Testimony has to offer.   

Yeshua Rose Today and I am everything I need to be all because of Him!

I am reading the longer posts. The deeper and/or more complex points to be made, or fuller explanations needed require longer, more detailed posts. The meat of the Word sometimes needs a lot of slicing and chewing!

• This is Worthy 1

1 minute ago, leah777 said:

is there confusion here between asking if you want to post controversial issues in regular parts of the forum, and if you want to post in the 'Controversial' section of the forum?

He said, "When you first joined us you were eager to post in Controversial Issues. Have you done that yet? I haven't noticed."  I could not find in any of my posts where I had said I was "eager to post in controversial issues".  I was trying to explain that controversy is not what I am looking for here on Worthy but that I do like to listen and learn if the Holy Spirit leads me.  Thanks for asking Leah!  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

7 hours ago, debrakay said:

He said, "When you first joined us you were eager to post in Controversial Issues. Have you done that yet? I haven't noticed."  I could not find in any of my posts where I had said I was "eager to post in controversial issues".  I was trying to explain that controversy is not what I am looking for here on Worthy but that I do like to listen and learn if the Holy Spirit leads me.  Thanks for asking Leah!  

Hi debrakay,

To explain why I thought you were eager to post in Controversial Issues, you mentioned that section in your second thread and again in this quote below, but you have since clarified your position so we can move on.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:58 AM, debrakay said:

I just joined Worthy this week.  Now I find that a lot of the threads I am interested in are deemed "controversial" and I cannot post on those threads until I make over 100 comments on other threads.  If you see me post time after time after time after time I am not trying to be a pest.  I am trying to reach the 100 comment requirement.  One more down and about 90 to go! :th_frusty: