IGNORED

anyone here seen the Meghan Markle's Oprah interview?

Equippers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I've watched how much people have voiced their intense hatred of her since their engagement was announced.

It puzzled me as to why.  Because she was American?  Bi-racial? Divorced?  I've read things about her on Facebook and comments in articles that made my skin crawl.  Death threats.  Wishing they would be bombed and killed.  Wishing for bad things to happen to Archie.

That just turns me off.  Social media and the internet have only open the window in the depravity of the heart of sinful human beings.

The interview was on again last night.   I watched it.  I understand their wanting to leave. I appreciated their not "naming names".  I appreciate her saying that the Queen was always good to her.

I don't think you and I understand what kind of life the monarchs are expected to live.  She could not go anywhere.  Her passport, driver's license, and car keys were taken.

Yes, she should have researched it all before she married Harry.

But I can't figure out what she has done to deserve the vitriol she endured.    

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

she would need a new passport after she married anyway and " not having a passport " didnt stop her travelling all over the world with or without her husband

She didnt need keys as she was driven everywhere by a security detail ..what other keys did she want ? the keys to the treasure room ??

She was warned by several people what she was getting into but she still went ahead I have the impression she wanted to be the next princess di and be worshiped by the loyal royal watchers but her personality would never fit It was very telling when she had a temper tantrum over what tiara she was going to wear for her wedding ... she wasnt buying it nor paying a penny towards the show but had a temper tantrum when the queen (  for whatever reason ) refused to lend her one particular tiara and that was followed by Harry making a public declaration of " What Megan wants Megan gets " !!!!!!!!

She was happy to let someone else ( the general public who didnt even have a say in it ) pay for her huge lavish wedding then had the rudeness to try to tell them she had already married him three days before !!!!!  Almost as bad as announcing her pregnancy at someone else's wedding !!!!!

NO I dont agree with silly trolls that post threats ..what a waste of time if nothing else BUT THERE IS A COST TO EVERYTHING  and she wanted all the perks with none of the work 

It is the sheer hypocrisy that annoys me ... they make a HUGE fuss about wanting to be self reliant and self funding then a bigger fuss because they get what they want If they dont want to live a life that has always been expected for a member of the royal family and is what they are paid enormous sums of money to do then by all means walk away but keep some decorum and dignity and stop trying to blame everyone else for the huge mistakes they themselves have made 

Being a member of the royal family ( if you are not born into it ) is a CHOICE  and a JOB would you accept any other job without doing your research on it ? Would you walk away from it and still expect to be paid ? would you think it right to try to bring that firm down as she is doing without any substantial evidence ?

SHE is the one playing the race card all the time  she is using her mothers heritage to scream for sympathy because she couldnt get enough attention any other way.  Other people a LOT closer to the Queen have managed to live a good life without all the perks she is screaming about and without all the MILLIONS that she has wasted in a very short time She is welcome to leave this country and she and Harry are more than welcome to be self sufficient (PLEASE DO ) but how would you feel if someone from another country kept attacking one of your most treasured institutions ? 

Am I a royalist ? NO but our royal family do a lot for this country in terms of good will and tourism etc and I would much prefer it to the idea of a president especially after what we have been seeing recently 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

18 hours ago, Jayne said:

But I can't figure out what she has done to deserve the vitriol she endured.

The same vitriol gets dished out on social media to all successful women. Many women MPs have complained about it. It's basically misogynistic, but obviously if these people can spot any other card to play (such as race) they will play it. I refuse to go on Twitter for that reason, but I've no reason to suppose that Meghan received worse than other women in the media spotlight.

Meghan is not the only "outsider" to marry into the royal family. Most of the others have knuckled down, learned the ropes, and survived the initial trauma. Even Camilla (who was the 'other woman' supplanting Princess Diana) is now accepted and even popular with the general public.

When Meghan and Harry got married there was a great deal of good will towards her. But a lot of that has been squandered by their refusal to play by the rules of the game. And some of the things that were said in the interview (such as "getting married" 3 days before the official wedding) are not quite true, which will generate more bad feeling.

• Well Said! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, ladypeartree said:

and yet they still want to receive the titles and the perks that go to those who do actually work within the royal family :noidea:

Work?  Now that seems like a tough gig. :D

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,825
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Well, I will leave you all to it.

We will have to agree to disagree.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  542
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,008
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  235
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

9 hours ago, Starise said:

Work?  Now that seems like a tough gig. :D

actually it probably would be for anyone who was at all shy , even if you do get so many  "perks " that others would probably find amazing it still means your entire life is lived in a goldfish bowl Not my cup of tea but for an actress ???? all part of the lifestyle 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

actually it probably would be for anyone who was at all shy , even if you do get so many  "perks " that others would probably find amazing it still means your entire life is lived in a goldfish bowl Not my cup of tea but for an actress ???? all part of the lifestyle 

I guess I never really understood how or why it all works the way it does so forgive my lack of understanding here. Definitely not  something I would have any desire to do, but then, they haven't asked me and I don't expect they ever will.

When the royal family ceased to be functional from a governing standpoint, their actual use to the British people seems very low? The decision doesn't appear to be up to the British people. 

I'm sure and I DON'T want to end up on the wrong side of Ladyeartree. :43:Just an American view from the outside. All countries have their ways of doing things. So far as I can see the British have probably the most represented ( and expensive) "figureheads" in the entire world. People who exist because they are from royal lineage. 

The interview is the sort of thing some people seem to thrive on. What's going on with movie stars and princes for some people is like following sports with others. It's a "thing" people enjoy following for whatever reason. I only watched it because it was on when I happened to be in the room lol. Since this sort of thing is always about the "haves" and not the "have nots" I figure they can take care of themselves better than most. At least on the material end of it.:D

• Haha 1