What is God’s will

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t know what God’s will is and it scares me. 

Matthew 7:21 

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50

For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

1 John 2:17

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

John 6:40 

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

what does it mean to look to the Son???

what does God want me to do all day. 

im scared because if you don’t do God’s will ..... :(

I want to have life. I love breathing the air outside and the blue sky and trees

what is His will?

thanks for reading :)

Edited by Caitlin _
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

It sounds like what you mean is you don't know what God's will is for you, correct?

That last verse is about God's general will; he wants everyone to see Jesus for who he is. He wants them to recognize that Jesus is his son, to believe in him and trust him for their salvation, to repent and flee from sin, and to desire to live for and glorify God. All those who do will receive eternal life as a free gift.

You should pray for God to reveal his specific will to you. And continue studying the Bible daily as well. The Bible is God's word and it is how he speaks to us in every situation in our lives.

If you have a job, work hard at that job, as though God was your boss:

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -- Colossians 3:17

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -- Colossians 3:23-24

Or perhaps you are a homemaker?

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands." -- Ephesians 5:22-24

Without knowing more specifics about you and your situation it's difficult to give good advice. But the Bible holds the answers for your life. Study it daily! May I recommend the Look at the Book section of the Desiring God Youtube channel? Also blueletterbible.org has many commentaries and devotionals that can help.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

25 minutes ago, BK1110 said:

It sounds like what you mean is you don't know what God's will is for you, correct?

That last verse is about God's general will; he wants everyone to see Jesus for who he is. He wants them to recognize that Jesus is his son, to believe in him and trust him for their salvation, to repent and flee from sin, and to desire to live for and glorify God. All those who do will receive eternal life as a free gift.

You should pray for God to reveal his specific will to you. And continue studying the Bible daily as well. The Bible is God's word and it is how he speaks to us in every situation in our lives.

If you have a job, work hard at that job, as though God was your boss:

"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." -- Colossians 3:17

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." -- Colossians 3:23-24

Or perhaps you are a homemaker?

"Wives, submit to your own husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife even as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands." -- Ephesians 5:22-24

Without knowing more specifics about you and your situation it's difficult to give good advice. But the Bible holds the answers for your life. Study it daily! May I recommend the Look at the Book section of the Desiring God Youtube channel? Also blueletterbible.org has many commentaries and devotionals that can help.

Thanks. :)

im 17 and don’t work and don’t know what God wants me to do all day. 
I wanted to know what Gods will is in general like because the Bible says to do it and I’m scared because the Bible says only those who do the Will of God will be saved. One of the things of Gods Will is to pray continually. A lot of time I don’t have the strength to keep doing it alot over and over and i wanted to know what else God wanted everyone to do(His will)

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  6,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Realize that God is fully aware of who you are and where your heart is. Simply pray to him, something like "Father, it's my desire to know you and your will and to follow you. I don't understand what that looks like right now though, so I ask that you would grow me and teach me and lead me so that I can follow, love, and glorify you with my life."

Then comes Bible study. Every day. God grows us and guides us day to day. It is a slow process. Do not expect to see radical, dramatic change overnight. Each day study the word and pray for wisdom, growth, and understanding. Whether school or work, work hard without cutting corners, working as though you are working directly for God's sake and approval and glory...because you are!

If your heart is truly for God, he is pleased with that and will answer your desire to grow closer to him. Trust in that and seek him through his word. If your heart has been changed to truly love and desire him and his guidance, then you are already saved and he will be growing you.

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God." -- Philippians 1:3-11

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

42 minutes ago, Caitlin _ said:

Thanks. :)

im 17 and don’t work and don’t know what God wants me to do all day. 
I wanted to know what Gods will is in general like because the Bible says to do it and I’m scared because the Bible says only those who do the Will of God will be saved. One of the things of Gods Will is to pray continually. A lot of time I don’t have the strength to keep doing it alot over and over and i wanted to know what else God wanted everyone to do(His will)

Tell me what you like to do? Draw, write short stories, arrange flowers. What is your 'thing'?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

2 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

don’t know what God’s will is and it scares me. 

John Ch 6 verses 28+29.

What must we do to do the work/Will of God?   Jesus answered.

To do the work/Will of God is to believe in the one he sent.

If you believe that Jesus s your saviour then you need to do what Jesus wants you to do and that at it's simplist is to follow he ten commandments.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Hi Caitlin. A central theme of the Bible is morality - God's law. God wants his children to be good. Review the ten commandments and Matthew 5. Strive to be good. Strive to be kind. Don't give in to fear. Start there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60

Let s go back to Matthew 7

24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Do his will is learning and doing what He taught us in the bible.  While there are many particulars they can be summed up simply

Luke 10:27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ 

Or as my signature says.....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

9 hours ago, Caitlin _ said:

I don’t know what God’s will is and it scares me. 

Matthew 7:21 

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 12:50

For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

1 John 2:17

The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

John 6:40 

For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day."

what does it mean to look to the Son???

what does God want me to do all day. 

im scared because if you don’t do God’s will ..... :(

I want to have life. I love breathing the air outside and the blue sky and trees

what is His will?

thanks for reading :)

If you read the entire Bible - and it isn't all that long - you get a pretty good idea of what the Lord's will is. And if you pray constantly, as Paul teaches in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, you get to know the Lord personally.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Gods will is for you not to turn on him like Lucifer did.   Because when you do evil follows in all manor of ways.

• Thumbs Up 1