Whyme

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  2,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.95
  • Days Won:  10

They criticized Trump for holding rallies but said nothing about rioting and protests going on around the nation.  The only thing they kept saying is that the riots were mostly peaceful. That is hypocrisy. 

Bail fund backed by Kamala Harris freed same rioter twice – now he's been charged again

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bail-fund-kamala-harris-thomas-moseley

Why do democrats not want a border wall? A wall is equipped with sensors and cameras. We just caught two potential terrorist comming across the border who were on the no fly list.  Why not build that wall? Democrats sure put that barrier up fast around the capital. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

10 hours ago, Whyme said:

I feel bad for starting this thread.  But I do feel like one side is much more ungodly. I see a level of hypocrisy that makes me ill. 

Nothing wrong with the concept, but perhaps it could be less pointed to naming a party.

Obviously, someone can point out, anti Christian values and actions of a party, and people of that party will take offense, because they identify with a party under scrutiny. Darkness hates light, and exposing the things of darkness is a good thing.

The danger in such a thread, is that people will take it personally, and fall into the temptation to react as though they themselves are under attack.

The right thing I think, is that we should own up to failures of parties and politicians, and if we align ourselves with deeds of darkness, then confess and repent.

Also, you can message the mods if you'd like to have the thread deleted.

Other options are we can lock the thread from further comments, and / or ban users from it, and / or pull weeds from it. As long as people behave, and can treat each other with respect, and not get bent out of shape when someone points out things accurately, the thread can continue. I plan to watch it some, and if things start to go south, then I will probably just lock people out of participation. Keep cool heads, be honest, sincere, and respectful, and the thread could be helpful. You do not have to like things that people say, but defensively reacting against truth, if that should happen, is that glorifying to God?

Perhaps though, the question is not which party is more Godly, but which party or parties, are least unGodly!

That is a lot of issues to talk about, things like govt. welfare versus private charity, excessive taxation, the proper role of govt., abortion and creative alternatives, border security versus open borders and comprimises, lots to talk about for reasonable people.

9Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,g serve the Lord. 12Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Evil we are to abhor, and that likely exists in most parties and practiced by most politician, and for that matter, voters and citizens. My question would be:

"In what ways can we make a difference, more the just words on a forum, and actually do practical things to address the evils we see, and love those who need our help!"

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Nothing wrong with the concept, but perhaps it could be less pointed to naming a party.

Obviously, someone can point out, anti Christian values and actions of a party, and people of that party will take offense, because they identify with a party under scrutiny. Darkness hates light, and exposing the things of darkness is a good thing.

The danger in such a thread, is that people will take it personally, and fall into the temptation to react as though they themselves are under attack.

The right thing I think, is that we should own up to failures of parties and politicians, and if we align ourselves with deeds of darkness, then confess and repent.

Other options are we can lock the thread from further comments, and / or ban users from it, and / or pull weeds from it. As long as people behave, and can treat each other with respect, and not get bent out of shape when someone points out things accurately, the thread can continue. I plan to watch it some, and if things start to go south, then I will probably just lock people out of participation. Keep cool heads, be honest, sincere, and respectful, and the thread could be helpful. You do not have to like things that people say, but defensively reacting against truth, if that should happen, is that glorifying to God?

Perhaps though, the question is not which party is more Godly, but which party or parties, are least unGodly!

That is a lot of issues to talk about, things like govt. welfare versus private charity, excessive taxation, the proper role of govt., abortion and creative alternatives, border security versus open borders and comprimises, lots to talk about for reasonable people.

9Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. 10Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. 11Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit,g serve the Lord. 12Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 13Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Evil we are to abhor, and that likely exists in most parties and practiced by most politician, and for that matter, voters and citizens. My question would be:

"In what ways can we make a difference, more the just words on a forum, and actually do practical things to address the evils we see, and love those who need our help!"

Thank you omegaman. Perhaps the title could have asked which party is more right.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, Whyme said:

Why? You have an opinion? Share it

Very well. My opinion is. Neither party is a "Godly" party.  You do not know what goes on behind doors. I have always voted for the person and not the party. 

I might say more on this topic later depending where the thread goes. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

1 hour ago, Whyme said:

Thank you omegaman. Perhaps the title could have asked which party is more right.

I think maybe you can edit the title, if you have an idea you would rather use!

25 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Very well. My opinion is. Neither party is a "Godly" party.  You do not know what goes on behind doors. I have always voted for the person and not the party. 

I might say more on this topic later depending where the thread goes. 

The candidates usually follow the party so no matter who you vote for you are voting for a party.

2 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I think maybe you can edit the title, if you have an idea you would rather use!

yes, I will

11 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

I can edit the OP but what about the title? How do i edit that?