IGNORED

Will Those In Heaven Be Conscious Of Christ's Crucifixion Forever?

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

This is something I ponder. I accept that no kind of lamentation over Christ's crucifixion takes place in heaven and that only good experiences will exist for the Redeemed, but does that mean there is no awareness of the shedding of Christ's blood on the Cross? 

Rev 5:12-13  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.  (13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,883
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

If we are to be able to love, we must choose. I believe in heaven we will still have total free will, but we will be cleansed of sin and the desire to sin. But I don't know how we could lose any part of our memory and still be ourselves. And I don't know how we would really worship God without any knowledge of why we're so grateful and thankful and loving towards him.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

How can they not be aware. 

We are talking about a culture where honour was/is a primary motivator. Jesus' scars are honourable marks of his sacrifice.

Just as veterans don't discard their medals just because the war was long past and no longer relevent to day, so Jesus' scars will always be relevent to him and to all of us who are able to see them in heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,002
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

"I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands"  Isaiah 49:16

Heaven will be very fantastical and great, and there may be an initial moment when one may think;
"Wow, is this really going to last forever? What if something happens? What if..."
But then we would see His hands and be reminded, not of this time, but of the fact that He took care
of any doubts and of any troubles, and we would rejoice.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, Michael37 said:

This is something I ponder. I accept that no kind of lamentation over Christ's crucifixion takes place in heaven and that only good experiences will exist for the Redeemed, but does that mean there is no awareness of the shedding of Christ's blood on the Cross? 

Rev 5:12-13  Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.  (13)  And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Rev 7:17  For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

I am sure they are very aware of it. If it were not for Christ's shed blood on the cross for us they would not be there. 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

There will be nothing of sin in the eternal state -not even the possibility of such a thing being... no remembrance, no anything...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

When we are forgiven our sins are blotted out, forgiven and and forgotten..   Our sins shall be a s white as snow, so we won't even be judged for them as I understand it.  Our names will be written in the Lambs book of life.   Our good works will be judged.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

The former things are passed away because the sin and its consequences won’t exist anymore. Although we will remember all of took place when we live here, as Jesus will unbosom all the reasons behind our sufferings, our vision about all of these happenings will be different. What, previously, were lamentations and tears, now, seeing the pacific fruit that was born from these ordeals and predicaments (Heb  12:11), will be  motive of rejoicing.

• Thumbs Up 1