• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

2 hours ago, Uriah said:

Will check that it out too.

As for the first one, a secret snatching away cannot be found. 

It is mostly commentary that is not referenced. A "Jewish parable" is discussed a bit and called a "preversion" ( manipulation)  as the Talmudic rabbis are very prone to write at length to insert their views on scripture. 

NONE of it is scripture.

Two misconceptions.  I was pointing out how the 1st century Hebrew marriage closely mirror everything from the last supper to the millennial kingdom.  The removal of the righteous is only one aspect of the multi faceted marriage ritual. 

Next off, there is nothing secret about the pre-trib removal.  It will be known by everyone when it happens. The only thing "secret" is the date, and for that matter, go ahead and predict the date of the end of the world.  Can't be done.  Even Yeshua said in Matthew 24 that He didn't know the date or the hour of the end of the world and neither did the angels.  Only the Father.  So the end of the world is even more of a secret than any rapture.   At least we can know the times and season.  Calling it a "secret" rapture is just a attempt, consciously or unconsciously, to demean those who hold the position.  Another example of worldly political type methodology of confronting the opposition.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.58

32 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I would direct you to Through the Bible with Les Feldick. I used to be so sad and confused about everything. Give it a look. I’m no theologian but I know the truth when I see it. Please look at his bible study. 

I've seen many times, thanks. He promotes the standard pre trib line of teaching. Lots of holes in it.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, Uriah said:

I've seen many times, thanks. He promotes the standard pre trib line of teaching. Lots of holes in it.

I believe he backs it up with scripture from both the Old Testament and the New Testament. That we all as Christians seem to disagree is alarming to me. The truth must be somewhere. I think it’s in bible study. Check him out with an open mind. He only declares the Bible. 

Just now, OldCoot said:

Two misconceptions.  I was pointing out how the 1st century Hebrew marriage closely mirror everything from the last supper to the millennial kingdom.  The removal of the righteous is only one aspect of the multi faceted marriage ritual. 

Next off, there is nothing secret about the pre-trib removal.  It will be known by everyone when it happens. The only thing "secret" is the date, and for that matter, go ahead and predict the date of the end of the world.  Can't be done.  Even Yeshua said in Matthew 24 that He didn't know the date or the hour of the end of the world and neither did the angels.  Only the Father.  So the end of the world is even more of a secret than any rapture.   At least we can know the times and season.  Calling it a "secret" rapture is just a attempt, consciously or unconsciously, to demean those who hold the position.  Another example of worldly political type methodology of confronting the opposition.  

Hi Coot,

Everything we need to know about it is right there in scripture for us. 

Off topic again, Nowhere did I say anything about predicting the end of the world. 

The secret rapture has been promoted by the pre trib teachers for many years. Lastly, you are right, nothing secret about it. In fact in Rev.16, on the brink of Armageddon, Jesus is saying He is about to come as a thief, because He hasn't done so up to that point.

Just now, Kristin said:

I believe he backs it up with scripture from both the Old Testament and the New Testament. That we all as Christians seem to disagree is alarming to me. The truth must be somewhere. I think it’s in bible study. Check him out with an open mind. He only declares the Bible. 

Yes the truth is in scripture. Thanks Kristin, I'll check it out some more.

• Followers:  4

13 minutes ago, Uriah said:

Hi Coot,

Everything we need to know about it is right there in scripture for us. 

Off topic again, Nowhere did I say anything about predicting the end of the world. 

The secret rapture has been promoted by the pre trib teachers for many years. Lastly, you are right, nothing secret about it. In fact in Rev.16, on the brink of Armageddon, Jesus is saying He is about to come as a thief, because He hasn't done so up to that point.

Yes, the pre-trib rapture has been promoted by pre-trib teachers for many years.  Only those who are against the idea like to call it a "secret rapture".   I have never heard it expressed like that by pre-trib adherents.  Unlike the knot head who did the hatchet job video called "Left Behind or Led Astray".  But it is less of a secret than the end of the world, so it must not be all that "secret".

Yes, it is true that you didn't mention predicting the end of the world.  It was used by me in what is called in literature... a comparison and contrast argument.   Sorry that it went over your head. 

Edited by OldCoot

Just now, OldCoot said:

Yes, the pre-trib rapture has been promoted by pre-trib teachers for many years.  Only those who are against the idea like to call it a "secret rapture".   I have never heard it expressed like that by pre-trib adherents.  Unlike the knot head who did the hatchet job video called "Left Behind or Led Astray".  But it is less of a secret than the end of the world, so it must not be all that "secret".

Yes, it is true that you didn't mention predicting the end of the world.  It was used by me in what is called in literature... a comparison and contrast argument.   Sorry that it went over your head. 

Ok I see your point. Thanks for that.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

16 hours ago, OldCoot said:

The pretribulation rapture is absolutely a secret rapture. I'm not sure how you can conclude the pretribulation rapture is not a secret. It, without a doubt, has to be a secret.

• Followers:  4

52 minutes ago, The Light said:

The pretribulation rapture is absolutely a secret rapture. I'm not sure how you can conclude the pretribulation rapture is not a secret. It, without a doubt, has to be a secret.

The timing of the end of the planet is a secret also, as is the identity of the antichrist, even more so than the pre-trib view point.  So what is your point?   But when all these happen, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind.  

But that is not how many anti pre-trib folks use the term "secret rapture".  They typically use it in a derogatory manner that is designed to make those who hold the view a laughing stock. It is similar to Democrat political methodology in the U.S.   You know..... embracing the actions of those in the world instead of distancing from it.

Actually, every position at this point is a "secret" because no one is certain of the beginning day that starts the tribulation period. Just like the pre-trib, we can only see the signs of its fast approaching.  This is why it amazes me that so many get their panties in a kink over these issues and not just have fun debating them and sharing views.  it is not a condition of justification.

Edited by OldCoot

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  2,078
  • Content Per Day:  1.11

9 minutes ago, OldCoot said:

The timing of the end of the planet is a secret also, as is the identity of the antichrist, even more so than the pre-trib view point.  So what is your point?   But when all these happen, there will be no doubt in anyone's mind.  

But that is not how many anti pre-trib folks use the term "secret rapture".  They typically use it in a derogatory manner that is designed to make those who hold the view a laughing stock. It is similar to Democrat political methodology in the U.S.   You know..... embracing the actions of those in the world instead of distancing from it.

I thought you were saying the pretrib rapture was not going to be a secret. It is, that was my point.