• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.52
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Mask were never a left or right issue. They were a health issue. 

I agree. I health issue. The mask becomes as a Petri dish and is very bad for you.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I agree. I health issue. The mask becomes as a Petri dish and is very bad for you.

Not understanding the proper usage of masks is no reason th put them down  masks are not the problems, it's the ignorant wearers who do not bother to educate themselves on the proper use of them.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Alive said:

The mask becomes as a Petri dish and is very bad for you.

You are suppose to wash them. I did mine. Every night. Then I let they air dry over night or tossed them into the dryer when I could. Some of the replies one here.    All I can do is shake my head at it all. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,170
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Chicken coop2 said:

I shall continue to wear my mask in public places now for just one reason.  Neurological damage I have from Covid19 has left me with Tardive Dyskinesia.  This will hide my condition.  Those who know about this condition most likely only know it to be a side effect of taking antipsychotic drugs.  However, I have never done so. My only drugs are two Bayer Aspirin tablets 3 times a day for arthritis and the caffeine in my morning cup of coffee. Or else, if they don't know about it they will think that I am some kind of do deranged lunatic.  

Recently when I was not wearing it outside, I got stared at constantly and mocked several times.  I have also been questioned by police about what my problem is, etc. And a couple of times taxis I called when they arrived and saw me refused to give me a ride.  None of these things happen when I am wearing my mask because then I look "normal ". 

I caught Covid19 early 2020 before anyone in my area was very aware about what was happening and nobody was wearing masks and I would have no idea where to get them back then. It all happened so quickly.  One day nothing, then boom, was in one of the hottest hotspots on Earth. 

We were blessed with masks because I have used N-98 masks in my garage for years due to allergies to several different kinds of saw dust. I had enough masks to last us a couple of years. Also being rather allergic to tree sex I'll keep wearing mine when I exercise outside.  Allergy shots are helping but do not stop it all. Especially pecan and red cedar pollen.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,722
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

I live in a small town where it is possible to be quite alone when walking outside. So in such situations,  I don't wear my mask .  I don't wear masks in a car when driving with someone I know well (I can't drive myself so I'm rarely alone in one). But if I am in a public space where lots of people are going to be, I always put it on willingly. I see it as  a slight discomfort that I endure for the sake of others. And it's the law here, so it also a matter of obedience.  I have some ideas about the necessity or desirability of this, but to me, it's irrelevant. I just do what im told. But that's just me. 

I even found that wearing it has some occasional advantage. It partially blocks out smells, for example. 

I'm fortunate because I work from home. I suspect South Africa might get another hard lockdown. And I do feel sorry for those losing business.  But I also feel sorry for those who need to figure out whatvthe best course of action is. Not easy when you have many different sides all making different demands. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Sparks said:

"You are ignoring the science."

"You cannot stop a virus with a mask."

With my family and friends, I raised the issue of standing near a smoker, and whether or not they could "smell" the smoke through their mask while in the presence of a smoker. "All" and I mean ALL of them admitted they could smell the smoke while wearing their masks. I then asked if they knew the SIZE of a virus in relation to smoke particles? "All" and I mean ALL of them admitted they did not. I advised them to find out and then to consider the effectiveness of a cloth mask against a virus.

Sometimes I raised the fact that "even in the movies" when a virus was dealt with, airborne or not, those who came into proximity of a virus were wearing WHAT? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.10
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, Alive said:

Two things - First, if your mask is trapping and incubating anything, your respiratory tract is a much better incubator.

Second, you can wash your mask.

22 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Two things - First, if your mask is trapping and incubating anything, your respiratory tract is a much better incubator.

Second, you can wash your mask.

Have you considered the chimney and pumping affect realizing that the masks aren't sealed against the face?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

31 minutes ago, Alive said:

Have you considered the chimney and pumping affect realizing that the masks aren't sealed against the face?

Maybe you need a better mask. They say to wear a well fitting one. 

Fauci wrote: "Masks are really for infected people to prevent them from spreading infection to people who are not infected rather than protecting uninfected people from acquiring infection.

"The typical mask you buy in the drug store is not really effective in keeping out virus, which is small enough to pass through material. It might, however, provide some slight benefit in keep out gross droplets if someone coughs or sneezes on you."

He added: "I do not recommend that you wear a mask, particularly since you are going to a very low risk location."

Fauci has previously been criticized for changing his position on masks. Early on in the pandemic, he advised against wearing face coverings, but that advice evolved over time.

On March 8, 2020, Fauci said "there's no reason to be walking around with a mask," 

"Right now, in the United States, people should not be walking around with masks," Fauci said during the interview. "There's no reason to be walking around with a mask."

He continued, "When you're in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it's not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is."

• Thanks 2