George

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

The pre-trib. rapture is such a secret,that Jesus forgot to mention it :t2: . Actually, Jesus said, "immediately after the tribulation" in Matt. 24:29. Some pretribbers say that Matt. 24 is just for the jews,and not the Church,but,if they would read Galatians 3:26-29, and Ephesians 2:11-19, they would know that EVERYBODY that has the name of Christ is part of the "elect". The jews who still have to be born again,and the born again gentiles",are the "elect, so whoever is a christian, then Matt.24 is written to them as well and not just to Israel. Yes,Matt. 24 is written to the jews,but also to the spiritual jews {born again gentiles}. The true Israel of God is all born again believers, and some pretribbers don't know that. My dad doesn't know that,so he said that he didn't care what Matt.24 says. I told him that if he really was born again, he better care,because those are the words of Jesus. Jesus said, ".......whoso readeth,let him understand" {Matt.24:15}. I read it,and every born again believer who reads it better understand it to,and take it personally for Jesus never mentioned a pretrib rapture for his believers in that chapter. I think the apostle Paul made it quite plain to in 2 Thess.2. The bottom line is, there is no pretrib rapture,for everything points to posttrib.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Brad is that you? :t2:

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,985
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

Brad is that you? :t2:

I think Brad is out to lunch :t2:

here is another

mat; 13; 49-50

:P

49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,

50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Hi zhavoney,

The key word here is at the end of the world, This happens at the judgement after the second resurrection. This does not even speak of the timing of the rapture. This is after the millinial reign of Christ.

Now I would like to ask you a question, do you believe that we are the bride of Christ? If so, I would like you to consider the following verses of Revelation.

Revelation 19

The rest of the chapter in Revelationm 19 deserves a look at as well:

14  And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15  And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16  And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

17  And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18  That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19  And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20  And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

These are the only ones mentioned at this point who are thrown into the lake of fire, note they are thrown alive into the fire, the first humans or at least I believe they are man.

But look what happens to the rest of the remnant:

21  And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

They were slain but no mention of being thrown into hell yet, this happens aty the great white throne judgement after the millinial reign of Christ.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Revealtion 20

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. 7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them. 10The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

The sequence is clear.

All praise the Ancient of Days

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Some pre-tribbers say that the "last trump" in 1Cor.15 doesn't really mean "last", it is only last in a sequence,and that there will be other trumpets, well to me,"last" means last,and God's not the author of confusion,and some pretribbers say that there are stages to the first resurrection,and that the first resurrection mentioned in verse 5 and 6 of Rev. chapter 20 isn't the only one. To me, "first" means first,and there is no two first resurrections. Too many holes in the pre-trib rapture doctrine.