IGNORED

Why did God place us in the time period on this earth we are now?

missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I have been trying to wrap my mind around this. God placed everyone on this earth in a particular time period for His glory and for a plan he has in our life. Rather it was at the beginning of time such as Adam and Eve or now at the end times. He has a plan for this timing and for our lives.  It is beyond my understanding but God certainly has a reason. 

• This is Worthy 2

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I have been trying to wrap my mind around this. God placed everyone on this earth in a particular time period for His glory and for a plan he has in our life. Rather it was at the beginning of time such as Adam and Eve or now at the end times. He has a plan for this timing and for our lives.  It is beyond my understanding but God certainly has a reason. 

Yes, God has good reasons for everything that happens.

Eph. 1:11 (WEB) in whom also we were assigned an inheritance, having been foreordained according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his will;

Is. 46:9-11 (WEB)

9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is no one else; I am God, and there is none like me;
  10 declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;
  11 calling a ravenous bird from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country; yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it.

Gen. 50:20 (WEB) As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save many people alive.

Edited by David1701
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I was recently wondering a similar thing. Why did God have me born in the US? Why not Norway or England or any other place? 

The simple answer would be my mother wasn't in any of those places. I'm trying to be funny but we could follow that logic a long way and probably arrive at the same answer. Why did you end up in western US while others here are somewhere else? Why are you a female and not born a male? 

The older I get the more I feel out of place in my own time period. A more concise answer to that feeling might be that I am beginning to feel less and less like this earth is my real home and more and more like I belong somewhere else. America isn't the America I knew 30 years ago and it seems to be heading into other more profound changes in the future, none of which I look forward to.

What time period do you think you would like to have been born in? I often give my Amish neighbors a ride. Their exposure to this time is far different than mine. They are going to get dropped off to cut hay while am going to go work on a computer. I am tempted to sometimes be envious of a life like that. I do know God has me right where He wants me. If my logic were involved I wouldn't be here doing this. Thank God He knows what's best for each of us.

A parting thought- We always emphasize the love of God in most Christian circles. The song " Jesus Loves Me" says it all, yet how often do we ask ourselves how much we love Jesus? 

How much do I inwardly love Him for allowing me to be here? Do we even at times understand what it is to love Him? Do we even comprehend love in the fullest as the created loves the creator? How do we express that emotion to Him a being we have never seen with our human eyes? How do we relate to that idea?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

9 minutes ago, Starise said:

I was recently wondering a similar thing. Why did God have me born in the US? Why not Norway or England or any other place? 

The simple answer would be my mother wasn't in any of those places. I'm trying to be funny but we could follow that logic a long way and probably arrive at the same answer. Why did you end up in western US while others here are somewhere else? Why are you a female and not born a male? 

The older I get the more I feel out of place in my own time period. A more concise answer to that feeling might be that I am beginning to feel less and less like this earth is my real home and more and more like I belong somewhere else. America isn't the America I knew 30 years ago and it seems to be heading into other more profound changes in the future, none of which I look forward to.

What time period do you think you would like to have been born in? I often give my Amish neighbors a ride. Their exposure to this time is far different than mine. They are going to get dropped off to cut hay while am going to go work on a computer. I am tempted to sometimes be envious of a life like that. I do know God has me right where He wants me. If my logic were involved I wouldn't be here doing this. Thank God He knows what's best for each of us.

A parting thought- We always emphasize the love of God in most Christian circles. The song " Jesus Loves Me" says it all, yet how often do we ask ourselves how much we love Jesus? 

How much do I inwardly love Him for allowing me to be here? Do we even at times understand what it is to love Him? Do we even comprehend love in the fullest as the created loves the creator? How do we express that emotion to Him a being we have never seen with our human eyes? How do we relate to that idea?

God has you and I in the time period He wants us. Why? I am not certain about that but He knows. He has an intricate reason and planning for each one of us. It goes way beyond what I could ever understand. It doesn't matter what time period I would like to have been born in what matters is I am in the place He wants me to be. But look  at the advantages we have today compared to those in the 1800's or earlier with our technology. He wants certain people to experience the rapture of the Church or the 7 year tribulation?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

God has you and I in the time period He wants us. Why? I am not certain about that but He knows. He has an intricate reason and planning for each one of us. It goes way beyond what I could ever understand. It doesn't matter what time period I would like to have been born in what matters is I am in the place He wants me to be. But look  at the advantages we have today compared to those in the 1800's or earlier with our technology. He wants certain people to experience the rapture of the Church or the 7 year tribulation?

Well the time period we are in has implications that didn't concern others in the past. I would have loved to chat with Abraham Lincoln here on Worthy but he has been dead for awhile. God is so very far above all of us we can't comprehend His had in every little detail. He knew you would ask this question and He knew I would answer with my usually rambling answers. 

Yes I like living in this time, but I might change my mind if AI is used against us, evil leaders oppress us and the ecology is all ruined. It's ok right now though.

I personally don't think I will be alive when Jesus returns but who knows? I guess anything is possible. The only difference between the dead in Christ and those still here when the Lord returns is a few milliseconds.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Somebody had to be living now. Put another way, we are all cogs in a great machine.

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Somebody had to be living now. Put another way, we are all cogs in a great machine.

We are in God's machine and He knows where He wants us for His purpose. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I'm sure everyone who reads your OP and allows their mind to wonder, even a little bit, would come up with some sort of reason, but in all honesty, we will never know until He tells us.  My thoughts is that there is a reason and this reason is what I should be doing.  Saying that, I've been trying to understand this reason ever since I accepted Jesus as my savior and still, to this day, am not 100% sure if what I think is correct.  I should say that this is why we have faith.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Why did God place us in the time period on this earth we are now?

Because He plans to use us to show that it is extremely necessary to keep Jesus' love living in us, even being compelled by media and government to the social isolation (may Matthew 24:13 not be fulfilled in us).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is a very interesting question I've pondered myself. The Lord makes no mistakes in the womb, or our placement of where and when in geography or time. This is one of the few questions posed on Worthy where there can be no arguments or debate. We do not know and are not told; we cannot even reasonably speculate or guess. We are going to have to wait on that one.

But I will say, during my youth and young adult life, I thought I was placed 125+ years too late [LoL]. I even considered with a buddy, to move to Alaska and tough it out in the wilderness. I saw myself up to the challenges and excitement of the early West [Wyatt Dennis; Wild Bill Dennis Hitchcock :D].  

I eventually changed my tune and sincerely appreciated where and when the Lord placed me, and His blessings. I've never experienced, nor could I even imagine; lifelong toothaches and health issues; no pain reduction medications, sitting around with a distended belly from starvation, flies constantly all over me, and so much more.

Here I am now, with my central air conditioning out for over a week now. Pouting around, oh woe is me! Am I kidding myself, I've become soft and don't fully appreciate all the blessings God has bestowed in the place and time He placed me in.?

The Lord placed us in a time like no other, regardless of our geographical locations. About the only thing we can say is; for His will, pleasure, plan and purposes.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1