David1701

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.52
  • Days Won:  12

This is just a general thread for all things Covid, since the subject is important and topical and the previous thread for this purpose has gone.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, David1701 said:

This is just a general thread for all things Covid, since the subject is important and topical and the previous thread for this purpose has gone.

Like a lamb to the slaughter David. 

I do hope that we can resist over stating what must be self evident - chiefly that the Covid vaccines are beneficial to many people.

Here in the dark part of Britain I live in 99.5 percent of those over the age of 50 years have taken the vaccines  according to the UK stats published by the ONS. On the other hand I know plenty of people who have not taken them. The streets are full of people - about a third are masked - almost no one is requiring anyone to wear a mask other than in public facilities such as Council Offices and clinical environments. Of course, that can change in the wee hours of the dark night - one assumes that this is because everyone is groping in the dark to find their purpose in life. But apart from that predictable outcome - all is well.

So where is the problem then one might ask?

Just to be fruitful in a sense of being nice - I was in a service station the other day and I had taken just £4.85 in change and had not taken my wallet. I only wanted a sandwich and a coffee. So I got my treats and went to pay for them - and the stern man said £4.90 - to which I made my excuse being a mere five pence shy of the exacting demand - and he looked at me less than impressed and politely - in that awfully British fashion of being nice - "Shall we take the sandwich back then sir?". At which point my mind inexplicably extrapolated that he must be a Republican - and then as if by the hand of God a leather clad biker reached in front of me and placed a five pound note in my way. Saying to me "Do the same for someone else." So I said "God bless you - I will". Then once again my mind inexplicably extrapolated that he was the true Republican. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

30 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

Like a lamb to the slaughter David. 

I do hope that we can resist over stating what must be self evident - chiefly that the Covid vaccines are beneficial to many people.

Here in the dark part of Britain I live in 99.5 percent of those over the age of 50 years have taken the vaccines  according to the UK stats published by the ONS. On the other hand I know plenty of people who have not taken them. The streets are full of people - about a third are masked - almost no one is requiring anyone to wear a mask other than in public facilities such as Council Offices and clinical environments. Of course, that can change in the wee hours of the dark night - one assumes that this is because everyone is groping in the dark to find their purpose in life. But apart from that predictable outcome - all is well.

So where is the problem then one might ask?

Just to be fruitful in a sense of being nice - I was in a service station the other day and I had taken just £4.85 in change and had not taken my wallet. I only wanted a sandwich and a coffee. So I got my treats and went to pay for them - and the stern man said £4.90 - to which I made my excuse being a mere five pence shy of the exacting demand - and he looked at me less than impressed and politely - in that awfully British fashion of being nice - "Shall we take the sandwich back then sir?". At which point my mind inexplicably extrapolated that he must be a Republican - and then as if by the hand of God a leather clad biker reached in front of me and placed a five pound note in my way. Saying to me "Do the same for someone else." So I said "God bless you - I will". Then once again my mind inexplicably extrapolated that he was the true Republican. 

My concern is primarily about the potential long-term problems with the mRNA Covid vaccines.  I have seen a number of medical professionals, in videos, voicing serious concerns about possible side-effects, which could take a long time to surface.

I also wonder why the very effective, safe, widely available and cheap prophylactic/treatment Ivermectin is being suppressed so strongly.  It obviates the need for vaccines, masks, or lockdowns, and does not appear to have its effectiveness diminished by variants, unlike the vaccines.  It is safer than the vaccines, having no serious side-effects. 

I strongly suspect that the vaccination programmes have ulterior motives.  I'm Scottish and our First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, recently said that regular vaccinations/boosters could become a regular feature of life, hmm...

I like the story, by the way; although, I would have wondered if he were a Christian, rather than a Republican.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I also wonder why the very effective, safe, widely available and cheap prophylactic/treatment Ivermectin is being suppressed so strongly.

Just to speak into this element of your comment David, I post a URL to an Australian outlet (keeping it in the Common Wealth) .

https://www.reignitedemocracyaustralia.com.au/cure-suppression/

It raises the same question. 

Edited by Kelly2363
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, David1701 said:

We had a Covid thread going and it was deleted for some reason. We have not been told why. 

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, David1701 said:

I like the story, by the way; although, I would have wondered if he were a Christian, rather than a Republican.

Well the account really happened as I told it - but the expression was parabolic and in that parabolic meaning (in context of this forum in the last Covid thread now hidden or deleted) I found myself asking the Lord how I could use it to make a point. It would seem that despite my British ingenuity for hiding meaning - this time it came of well because as you have said - the latter man was a Christian. The first man was just doing his job. Neither of them were Republicans. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.49
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Please start these threads in the Contoversial forum area.

3 hours ago, Chicken coop2 said:

After I received my PhD I went to Korea to teach.

After having spent 20 years teaching in Korea I returned to the USA.  The plan was to take a break and then start my career in the USA. 

I was in great shape when I left Korea.  I was literally running up and down huge hills all over one of the largest campuses in the country to make it to classes on time.  I had a very heavy course load and classes in many different buildings.  No problem. 

My office was on the 11th floor.  I always took the stairs to get to it. No problem. 

I went mountain climbing often on the weekends. 

Then I returned to USA and boom!!!!! I was in one of the hottest hotspots on Earth for Covid19.  Early Spring 2020 I got it. People all over were getting it. The hospitals were overwhelmed.  They had refrigerator trucks with dead bodies in the parking lot of the hospital and the mortuaries. 

Just in my county alone over 2000 dead in a few months and eventually over 3,000. 

Many neighbors right here on my street were hospitalized.  Three died. Two were young healthy fire fighters in 30s and one was a young healthy cardiologist. 

I was left with severe heart damage and lung damage and neurological problems.  

I developed what was called long hauler problems.  My hair fell out. Most foods taste like rotten meat.  I have phantosmia (smell things that are not there) for example I often am suffocating from the smell of gasoline fumes. 

People often talk about the mortality rate of Covid19.  But for many people like me, we often feel it would have been better not to have survived. 

Now because there has been much research that being vaccinated can reverse Covid19 long hauler problems and I have also been told that by long haulers in my long hauler support group and by neighbors and friends that are long haulers I have been vaccinated with Pfizer Covid vaccine.  Second dose was August 15th.  No problems.  Nobody I know has had problems with it, including ones like me who already had bad heart damage from Covid19. 

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you, Chicken coop.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  It's made even sadder, when I realise that it could probably have been prevented, if the governments had given people Ivermectin to take, as a preventative, rather than waiting months for a vaccine.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

I believe I had Covid-19 before the tests were widely available.  I felt sick about 2 weeks in March of last year, but did not have a very high fever or an incessant cough. I had never been sick that long with any cold or flu virus. My young healthy cat became sick at the same time  and had to be put on an antibiotic.  Yes, it's been shown that humans can infect felines, even the large zoo felines.

But I think it gave me long lasting immunity.  In the last year, I have repeatedly been in close proximity to others without a mask and found out later they had covid. I have never been that sick again and all my repeated tests have been negative. 

I take vitamin C,  D, and zinc, among many other things. I worked in a facility where a doctor gave all his nursing home patients these. They had few deaths there. I've read many articles about low D levels and higher covid death rates.

I know of a man who told his mother in a nursing home that the reason she had her stroke was because she got the vaccine.  

2 Tim 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

5 hours ago, Faith-Not-Fear said:

low D levels and higher covid death rates

Low D levels cause a whole lot of medical problems.  

Too much of any good thing is a bad thing. Too much vitamin D can cause an abnormally high blood calcium level, which could result in nausea, constipation, confusion, abnormal heart rhythm, and even kidney stones.

It's nearly impossible to get too much vitamin D from sunlight or from foods (unless you take way too much cod liver oil). Nearly all vitamin D overdoses come from supplements.    

So like any drug you might take at least bi-annual blood tests should be taken to make sure you are not overdoing it with the vitamin D