IGNORED

Can demons attack a christian in his dreams ?

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  9

Once in a long while i have dreams that come true. But i dont think its from God. Point in case years ago i saw my brother in my dream get out of his car and two persons came up to him and said something. Then my brother walk away and then fell and could not get up. I knew the men did something. It seem not like a dream but a vision. I told my brother to be careful.  Three months later he got out of his car and two men came up to him and tried to rob him. My brother toldcthrm off andcwalk away. But one of them shot him in the back. And he fell and could not get up. I had dream come true many times. I wonder if demons are causing this ? Or from the lord ? 

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  243
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Once in a long while i have dreams that come true. But i dont think its from God. Point in case years ago i saw my brother in my dream get out of his car and two persons came up to him and said something. Then my brother walk away and then fell and could not get up. I knew the men did something. It seem not like a dream but a vision. I told my brother to be careful.  Three months later he got out of his car and two men came up to him and tried to rob him. My brother toldcthrm off andcwalk away. But one of them shot him in the back. And he fell and could not get up. I had dream come true many times. I wonder if demons are causing this ? Or from the lord ? 

Reports of dreams which foretell events in the future are not uncommon. They occur with some degree of regularity for some individuals and many times are in the format of a simple consciousness stream that later takes place.

Disturbing dreams should be prayed about and some interpretation sought from God if their meaning is not clear as it is biblical for warnings to come from the heavenly realm in this manner. Demonic dreams require spiritual warfare using the Word of God to banish and repel.

Of course, the things that occupy our interest can result in vivid dreams, particularly with respect to books, music and movies. 

As to how it is scientifically possible for us to have dreams or visions of future events I believe that transmission through the electromagnetic spectrum is involved, bearing in mind that the Universe is located in an abstractly energised intelligently organised field of infinite capacity.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:08 AM, Wayne222 said:

I guess it cud b a warning from God for your brother. Like king nebukadnezar also dreamed.

It happened to me some months ago while i was driving my scooter and stop to buy food, somebody hold my hand demanding money, i took my wallet and share abt 30 centsto save my invaluable life. Thanking God for the food i rcvd.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.72
  • Days Won:  149

11 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

But i dont think its from God.

Why do you say this? God can give dreams, the devil can give dreams. People plagued by demonic dreams often have disturbing dreams and nightmares.

Daniel had a dream from God that the King's baker would be killed while he also dreamed the King's cup bearer would be saved. It was symbolic. God gave him the gift of dreams and their interpretation. He was able to see both good and bad as messages from God through his dreams. So a bad dream isn't necessarily an evil dream. I believe God sometimes sends dreams as warnings. Maybe you were supposed to pray for and warn your brother of what was about to happen.

Any person who has invited satanic entities through any medium or activity has reason to be concerned their dreams will be invaded by them.

Sometimes demons will harass unbeckoned. Christians are protected if they reach out to the Lord in prayer. Non Christians are not usually protected. No Holy Spirit there to protect them. A lost soul is open turf for them.

"Sleep paralysis" has been argued as both a medical condition and an indication of demonic harassment. I see it mostly as the latter from all of the examples of it I have heard and what happens during it. When there are 'beings' present during it happening it's difficult to argue it's a totally medical condition. Sometimes they look like dark shapes, sometimes they look like aliens, sometimes they look like animals or any number of other things. Usually what is seem is not a solid being, but more of a rough sort of shape sometimes missing the feet and floating or missing the facial features. All of it is demonic.

If you are a believer and haven't been dabbling in anything, I would pray that you only get dreams the Lord wants to send you.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I wonder if demons are causing this ? Or from the lord ? 

Dreams and guidance is very simple.

Like with your employer you have basic instructions that once given do not change, come in to work by xxxxxx time, be presentable in your dress/wear a uniform etc etc etc.

It is the same in Christianity. You do not need to be repeatedly told to live a Christ honouring life, to attend church etc etc These are all instructions etc found in the bible.

So why should God send you dreams about everyday events? Well if you are to do or say something to glorify God he might.

Any dream that does not bring you closer to God or deepens your understand or motivates you in his service, is not from God.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

No, a demon can not attack a person in their dreams. There is nothing in the Bible that tells us that Satan or demons influence our mind while we sleep. Dreams are more likely just a way for our mind to process our fears. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,094
  • Content Per Day:  9.72
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

No, a demon can not attack a person in their dreams.

They absolutely can and do. Maybe not Christians so much. Much evil comes from the dream realm.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,196
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

16 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Brother, if you witness the vision and it comes to pass in the manner in which you received it, then it is most assuredly from the Lord. Years ago, I fell asleep and received a vision from the Lord. I saw the land, the livestock, and all that I had worked to build with my adopted mother; she was standing in front of me, silent and unmoving. I looked and watched the outbuildings collapse and become overgrown with weeds... the animals vanished, taken away by others... and my adopted mother was nowhere to seen. She was gone. I woke weeping and pleading with the Lord not to take away all that He had given, for her passing would devastate me the most of all. 

Three months later, two days after being given an excellent bill of health by her doctors, my adopted mother was suddenly stricken and passed away. Everything in the vision came to pass just as I received it and in the moment following her last heartbeat on earth, the Lord brought the vision to my awareness so that I might understand He had been preparing me for this all along. I concluded her affairs and departed to where the Lord sent me next. 

Remember the example of Daniel, who was so shaken by some visions that he was exhausted and even ill. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

7 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

Brother, if you witness the vision and it comes to pass in the manner in which you received it, then it is most assuredly from the Lord. Years ago, I fell asleep and received a vision from the Lord. I saw the land, the livestock, and all that I had worked to build with my adopted mother; she was standing in front of me, silent and unmoving. I looked and watched the outbuildings collapse and become overgrown with weeds... the animals vanished, taken away by others... and my adopted mother was nowhere to seen. She was gone. I woke weeping and pleading with the Lord not to take away all that He had given, for her passing would devastate me the most of all. 

Three months later, two days after being given an excellent bill of health by her doctors, my adopted mother was suddenly stricken and passed away. Everything in the vision came to pass just as I received it and in the moment following her last heartbeat on earth, the Lord brought the vision to my awareness so that I might understand He had been preparing me for this all along. I concluded her affairs and departed to where the Lord sent me next. 

Remember the example of Daniel, who was so shaken by some visions that he was exhausted and even ill. 

Right! Idk why many try to cancel out dreams when His word says He will pour out his spirit and young and old will dream dreams. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,562
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

10 minutes ago, Marathoner said:

I am so sorry for your loss

• Loved it! 3