• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.38
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

11 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

I gradually pinned Nee's teachings down and looked across the raft of people he cited until I could fathom why both his view and my own view were in fact so closely related that both could be best answered by the only remedy that God has given us to our own flesh. The Cross unto death. 

Amen! And Amen!

I have seen myself, however, the manifestation of what I can only assume--although that assumption isn't without pause--individuals tapping into that latency. Soul reading...I've seen it. Real, but the mechanism is evil. I can tell very specific accounts and where it led, but I refrain from such. The Lord set a fence around me for protection...that recognition thing.

What the Lord has made clear to me, is to avoid all such things and rather to think on "these things". The battle is in large part in the mind. Of that, I am convinced. This is why I grouse at certain discussions, although it is plain that at times its required.

In closing--we that are in Christ are kept by the Great shepherd. Always remember Romans 8.28. And trust. Paul by the Holy Spirit was reaching out to all of us 'In Christ'.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  579
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Alive said:

Amen! And Amen!

I have seen myself, however, the manifestation of what I can only assume--although that assumption isn't without pause--individuals tapping into that latency. Soul reading...I've seen it. Real, but the mechanism is evil. I can tell very specific accounts and where it led, but I refrain from such. The Lord set a fence around me for protection...that recognition thing.

What the Lord has made clear to me, is to avoid all such things and rather to think on "these things". The battle is in large part in the mind. Of that, I am convinced. This is why I grouse at certain discussions, although it is plain that at times its required.

In closing--we that are in Christ are kept by the Great shepherd. Always remember Romans 8.28. And trust. Paul by the Holy Spirit was reaching out to all of us 'In Christ'.

Nee's book that taught about the latency of the soul is called The Mystery of Creation. It was written before his three volume work The Spiritual Man. But Nee understood that he had to publish The Spiritual Man first because otherwise he would remove any basis for deliverance if his readers first read of the Latent Power of the Soul. Nee was an astonishing brother and a near genius. He was of course a qualified chemist before he went into ministry. It was that realisation that made me think about neurophysiological structures and the chemical implication of the very blood in our veins. The life is in the blood. It was then that I realised that neuropathology as a medical endeavour was no more than looking at the very window through the flesh into the life blood of all occultists. As Nee puts it - if we dig into the flesh all we will find is the flesh. And the fleshy mind is only freed through the Cross unto obedience. Not learning. Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

4 minutes ago, Kelly2363 said:

if we dig into the flesh all we will find is the flesh. And the fleshy mind is only freed through the Cross unto obedience. Not learning. Amen.

ANd again---this is the solution and where I have parked my theology.

The Cross, the Resurrection aand Ascension and our participation in the same. Christ's work was perfect, complete and addresses all things not of God.

We can't see all, but the Lord is apt to show us what we need.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

I am signing off for now. She that must be obeyed wants me to burn some meat on the grill.

:-)

• Haha 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,429
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

In general, I have always since the earliest days of my walk---been sensitive to the danger of glorifying the enemy

This, so much. Sometimes it feels a lot like this is exactly what's happening when Christians talk about things going on in their life when the reality is the enemy has already been defeated in the ways that matter most.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.46
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, LearningToLetGo said:

Thank you for explicitly drawing this connection between John 10:34-36 and Psalm 82:6-7.

You're welcome. :)

53 minutes ago, Alive said:

I am signing off for now. She that must be obeyed wants me to burn some meat on the grill.

:-)

Aha!  Someone who watched Rumpole of the Bailey?

8 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Well, just look at the numbers. Add women and kids. Then livestock and distances they had to travel and feed and water. Think about it. Maybe kill one lamb per day for four people. Then consider how many that was. Think of the poop and the amount of trash. It is doubtful, even if traveling four abreast, that one set would clear the first point before the last had moved out of the former. 

Yeah, too many souls and animals to move fast over great distances. Find the number and consider this mathematically.

I can remember seeing a DVD, in which an old female farmer gave information showing that the Exodus journey was possible, exactly as written.  I can't remember which DVD it was, off-hand (I have many), but I'm sure I could find it, if necessary.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

To equate Deut. 32 with a "Divine Council" is an error.  The only Divine Council is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Regarding Ps. 82, Jesus makes it clear that the correct understanding is that the "gods", in that context, are men, not spirits/angels, or any such thing.

John 10:32-36 (KJV)

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

There is no question of stripping the supernatural from the Scriptures; however, we need proper exegesis.

P.S.  I meant to quote the WEB translation, but accidentally copied/pasted the KJV, so I've amended the version abbreviation.

You haven't proven any sort of error with proper exegesis, my friend. The words of the Lord in the 10th chapter of John are in response to those who sought to stone Him because Christ said He is the Son of God. He is indeed. 

This doesn't change the language nor context of the Hebrew scriptures for the word in question is elohim, which is translated to "god" or "gods." At no time has anyone claimed these were deities as you insist. I demonstrated the fallacy of your opinion regarding the meaning of that word; are you claiming that men are the only servants of the living God? 

If so, then why would the Lord declare that men shall die like men? The Lord was not addressing men in the Psalm, something which you can't work around by quoting those verses from the Gospel of John. The Word of God came to more than just men. What did the author of Revelation hear when he fell to worship at the feet of the angel?

Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”
(Revelation 22:8-9 NKJV)

The sons of God, elohim who are referenced many times in the Old Testament, are our fellow servants. One does not demonstrate proper exegesis by pitting scripture against scripture, brother. It is enough that you disagree and I shall leave it at that. Nothing more needs to be written. 

Edited by Marathoner
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,556
  • Content Per Day:  7.14
  • Days Won:  100

I understand @Justin Adams, for the elohim in question are those referenced in the book of Genesis who left their first estate. As the scriptures testify there were angels who sinned but unlike man, who was created a little lower than the angels, no mercy was forthcoming for them. 

This is entirely scriptural. I will not repeat the passage from Peter's letter affirming what befell those angels who left their their first estate, for this has already been shared by others. The book of Genesis describes how these angels sinned: they took human wives for themselves and their progeny were giants, mighty men of old. The truth is evident:

Our Father showed mercy toward man who was utterly corrupt in the person of His Son Jesus Christ, redeeming us from the penalty, but imprisoned the fallen Watchers who sinned until the day of His wrath. The sons of God do not take wives nor are they given in marriage (the words of Lord Himself affirm this in the New Testament); they committed an abomination in the sight of God which was unforgivable. 

Clearly these Watchers were wicked and evil to have done these things to man, so we can only imagine how these elohim lorded over men and women, calling themselves gods. This is the proper context of Justin's words and 1 Enoch details both their crimes and atrocities, and the horror wrought upon this earth and against man by their abominable progeny. 

The Word of God indeed had come to the Watchers in times past and so He had said, "You are elohim;" but because of their wickedness and support of the wicked who preyed upon the needy, they will die like men and fall like the princes. The identity of the latter are a matter for a different time and topic, I suppose. :) 

Edited by Marathoner
clarity
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1