LittleMan123

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I apologize for not posting in a long time.

Here's my news. A few months ago, I became an atheist. I converted with a heavy heart, but we don't believe what we want to be true; we believe what we are convinced is true.

I believed in God for years. The thought of a better world after this miserable life gave me hope. But now I know everything will end in my grave.

And now, I live with no hope, no joy. Everything seems pointless to me, since I know that the death that awaits me will take everything away from me. It's pointless to get bonded with anyone when I know that I will never see them again when they perish. What does it matter if I love people? I cannot save them from eternal oblivion, just as they cannot save me.

When I said the above to my mom (I don't know about her, but she's probably an atheist too)

But I cannot simply disregard the fact that I'm doomed to oblivion and 'live my life here and now'. I'm depressed. I try to resume my everyday routine as before, but I have nightmares. The thought that there is nothing after death and I'm doomed to be erased from existence comes to my sleep.

People on an atheist forum told me that what I feel is normal, that atheism takes some getting used to. But, having been depressed for months over that, I don't think I will ever reach the fifth stage of grief. They also told me to call suicide hotline if I feel suicidal. The truth is, I don't have any strong suicidal impulses, at least as of yet.

A part of me wishes I had never found out. But another part of me is glad I did. As a Russian saying says, better be slapped with the truth than be kissed with lies. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to convince me otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  717
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

If your life ends in death does it matter what you believe? And if believing in Christ made you happy why would you give that up? Is it possible the evil one has blinded you?

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  514
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,195
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, LittleMan123 said:

Here's my news. A few months ago, I became an atheist. I converted with a heavy heart, but we don't believe what we want to be true; we believe what we are convinced is true.

I believed in God for years. The thought of a better world after this miserable life gave me hope. But now I know everything will end in my grave.

And now, I live with no hope, no joy. Everything seems pointless to me, since I know that the death that awaits me will take everything away from me. It's pointless to get bonded with anyone when I know that I will never see them again when they perish. What does it matter if I love people? I cannot save them from eternal oblivion, just as they cannot save me.

When I said the above to my mom (I don't know about her, but she's probably an atheist too). 

But I cannot simply disregard the fact that I'm doomed to oblivion and 'live my life here and now'. I'm depressed. I try to resume my everyday routine as before, but I have nightmares. The thought that there is nothing after death and I'm doomed to be erased from existence comes to my sleep.

People on an atheist forum told me that what I feel is normal, that atheism takes some getting used to. But, having been depressed for months over that, I don't think I will ever reach the fifth stage of grief. They also told me to call suicide hotline if I feel suicidal. The truth is, I don't have any strong suicidal impulses, at least as of yet.

A part of me wishes I had never found out. But another part of me is glad I did. As a Russian saying says, better be slapped with the truth than be kissed with lies. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, feel free to convince me otherwise.

If you would allow me a thought…

If you or anyone would want to know for sure if God exists or not…

Ask yourself this question;

Does righteousness exist? 

For in the doing of this answer, will the answer to the question, does God exist, become self evident…

Be blessed as you ask…

In the Beloved, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

Our flesh and carnal mind is always at war with our spirit/heart.  Dear friend, try not to feed your doubts with logical reasonings, but feed your faith with the word of God, and choose your heart over what your mind or emotions try to tell you.  The carnal mind lies to us, it cannot know God and is enmity with Him and with the truth.  But the heart, when it isn't hardened, KNOWS there is a God.....and the bible says He has set eternity in our HEARTS, not the part of us that will perish in the grave (brain).  Ask, seek and knock for Jesus to open the gates of salvation to you...that He will give you eyes to see His kingdom.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

I removed the youtube link and cleaned up some language. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

37 minutes ago, LittleMan123 said:

When I said the above to my mom (I don't know about her, but she's probably an atheist too)

If the word of God, Holy Spirit and Jesus didn't convince you. How could any Christian. I wouldn't get to comfortable in you misery. If you were ever his, you will get tired of the destroyer ripping you apart so you might be saved and repent. If not.. then maybe in his great mercy you conscious will be seared soon and you can ravel in your rejection of Christ with out the Holy Spirit trying to save you.

Your Judge is God not mankind.

• Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,309
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 9/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, LittleMan123 said:

The blissful bottom line of truth is found in the first chapter of God’s Word ‘Genesis’...where God in His mercy gives us foundation for all thought to be built upon.... 
Genesis 1:1 (KJV) [1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
As this tells us God ‘IS’ and we were began in that ‘IS’ that God began- as later we learn God has no beginning.... 
Exodus 3:14 (KJV) [14] And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

It is here that we find the necessity of faith for God finished all His Creation in six days and the capstone was Man the last of His Creation.... so that all that is-‘IS’ totally reliant upon God’s telling of these to Adam that He made them thus by God’s Word alone faith was designed by God from the very beginning... and it is in this reality that God Says this

Romans 1:16-23 (KJV) [16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
[17] For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
[18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
[19] Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
[20] For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

[21] Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
[22] Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
[23] And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

So you see you are left solely alone in your determinations of God / no god BUT according to God He is satisfied, by what he has made, to hold you accountable to know that He ‘IS that He ‘IS... 

• This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

5 hours ago, LittleMan123 said:

Why did you become an atheist?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

5 hours ago, Alive said:

I removed the youtube link and cleaned up some language. 

The thing is, without the link, the OP sounds as if I had just woken up one morning and decided to stop believing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1

5 hours ago, LearningToLetGo said:

If your life ends in death does it matter what you believe? And if believing in Christ made you happy why would you give that up? Is it possible the evil one has blinded you?

Someone else might be happy believing that a dragon with 200 heads exists. But that doesn't make a dragon with 200 heads real.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 1