SIC

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  280
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  13,159
  • Content Per Day:  9.58
  • Days Won:  149

The is the scripture that most closely resembled the comments as near as I could tell.

Matt. 7:13

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The narrow gate is only open for those born again true believers in Jesus Christ and not easy to go through. The gate is wide open for those who are not believers and many will go through it. 

Miss Muffet I need to ask a question and I hope it is not upsetting the OP. Are all believers who confessed their sins and put faith  in Christ Born again yet not of the faith of pre trib go in at the same narrow gate or would they be on the broad road that will face judgement and persecution by Gods wrath and the anti Christ. Is this a fair question?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  4

Jesus is the door

and the way is open to anyone who  humbly seeks.  But the way is narrow, you have to put down your burdens of sin, pride, and all to get in.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,939
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/27/2021 at 2:39 AM, SIC said:

'Jesus holds the narrow gate wide open'. Is this statement biblical?

This makes reference to Luke 13: 24-25

24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 

* the OP is referring to the door being shut to some people....not to all people. 

Luke 13: 25, the Lord of the house shuts the door and will not open the door to some people who stands outside wanting to get in.

He is refusing them, he is not refusing everyone else. 

Revelation 22:11,12

11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

The statement "Jesus holds the narrow gate wide open " it is correct within the window that Jesus will never close this door to anyone who is under his blood.....

When we define the door within that strict interpretation. 

But in this example Jesus is giving an interpretation to who can enter the "Kingdom of God or the Kingdom of Heaven while as a believer having forgiveness of sins in his name and while he is still living and while not dead. 

Because he said: depart from me you who practice iniquity. 

Alluring if they did not practice iniquity they will be accepted. 

Then in that regard we do not have the elements of faith in his blood for the forgiveness of sins for those Jesus was speaking at the time but we have it for us who live there after the Cross. 

If Jesus Christ applies this to us which is relevant as we live post the Cross, we have to understand that not all who are under the blood of Jesus Christ are welcome within the gates of the most Holy Place to be Priests unto the Lord....to be part of the Royal Priesthood. 

Those who are under the blood of Jesus Christ are outside the Gates that remain open and never close.... because they practice iniquity Revelation 22:14-15 KJV 

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

....that does not mean they are in Hell, Hell is not outside the most Holy place.

The general assembly is outside the most Holy Place and the Holy place the general assembly of the believers..

This is reflected in Revelations 21:23-27

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Where we read that outside the gates that never close , the gates to the most Holy and Holy Place where the light is the Light of the Lord and the gates are guarded and those who are outside are believers in sins.

And are called to repentance of their works of iniquity...

It does not say that the Holy Spirit cannot be with them because and help them and guided into what it needs to and be healed and grow into the state of being that the Lord will dressed them with white linen....the white linen that the Priest were to do the ministry before the Lord within the Gates...to be God's Royal Priesthood. 

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Miss Muffet I need to ask a question and I hope it is not upsetting the OP. Are all believers who confessed their sins and put faith  in Christ Born again yet not of the faith of pre trib go in at the same narrow gate or would they be on the broad road that will face judgement and persecution by Gods wrath and the anti Christ. Is this a fair question?

All believers who are true born again believers yet do not believe in the pre-trib rapture will go in the narrow gate. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

28 minutes ago, Josheb said:

(dare I ask?) What happens to the believers who are true born again believers who do believe in the pre-trib rapture? 

Don't all born again believers have the Holy Spirit within?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

On 9/27/2021 at 4:39 PM, SIC said:

No I don't believe the statement is Biblical.

But investigate the following if you will? What is a gate? What does it mean Biblically within the culture. A lot of things happen at the gate/door. The gate is a very important place. 

On top of the above "the Narrow gate" why is this mentioned. Does this mean something culturally? As they all would have understood the terminology it wasn't foreign to them. 

Understanding these words and phrases from an original language/cultural perspective is imperative to understanding the original intent of why it was said.

You would be amazed at the differences there are from a Modern English western perspective and meanings of words to the Biblical Hebrew/Middle Eastern perspective and meanings of words. 

Blessings and Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/26/2021 at 11:39 PM, SIC said:

I'm not sure what your pastor was intending to teach. But it almost sounds as if after entering the narrow gate, it then opens up wide.  As if to say that we can keep an open mind where our conduct is concerned. That it doesn't require a changed life.

But it is a misconception to think that life will be easy and simple or that we can continue on with a sinful life after entering the narrow gate. The gate is narrow, and the way remains narrow.  There will be problems, difficulties. It’ll be rough and It’ll be crooked at times. But by going through the narrow gate and traveling the narrow road, we are assured eternal life through our faith and trust in Jesus to give us eternal life.

Matthew 7:13 and 14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.   But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…

The above passage is speaking of two different gates, NOT just one.  There is no other alternative, one or the other. We can not go through the narrow gate and the wide gate too.  One or the other.   Jesus has outlined the way and the method of getting to Heaven.

The wide gate does not require us to give up sinful lives. It doesn't require us to trust Jesus with our lives. The wide gate, with its wide path leads to destruction and separation from God. Many enter through the wide gate, and follow the wide path.

All our sins and bad habits can not fit through the narrow gate.  It is too narrow.  Entering through the narrow gate and traveling the narrow road means that we are willing to renounce the sinful life, with all of its bad habits and leave them behind. Committing ourselves to Christ.

Few find the narrow gate, and travel the narrow way (road) because they are unwilling to give up a sinful life with all of its bad habits.  If anyone is willing, God will give them the strength to turn from their sins.  And then by faith  receive Christ as their Savior. It is by faith that we receive eternal life, and commit our lives to Christ.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,450
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

17 minutes ago, appy said:

I'm not sure what your pastor was intending to teach. But it almost sounds as if after entering the narrow gate, it then opens up wide.  As if to say that we can keep an open mind where our conduct is concerned. That it doesn't require a changed life.

But it is a misconception to think that life will be easy and simple or that we can continue on with a sinful life after entering the narrow gate. The gate is narrow, and the way remains narrow.  There will be problems, difficulties. It’ll be rough and It’ll be crooked at times. But by going through the narrow gate and traveling the narrow road, we are assured eternal life through our faith and trust in Jesus to give us eternal life.

Matthew 7:13 and 14
“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.   But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…

The above passage is speaking of two different gates, NOT just one.  There is no other alternative, one or the other. We can not go through the narrow gate and the wide gate too.  One or the other.   Jesus has outlined the way and the method of getting to Heaven.

The wide gate does not require us to give up sinful lives. It doesn't require us to trust Jesus with our lives. The wide gate, with its wide path leads to destruction and separation from God. Many enter through the wide gate, and follow the wide path.

All our sins and bad habits can not fit through the narrow gate.  It is too narrow.  Entering through the narrow gate and traveling the narrow road means that we are willing to renounce the sinful life, with all of its bad habits and leave them behind. Committing ourselves to Christ.

Few find the narrow gate, and travel the narrow way (road) because they are unwilling to give up a sinful life with all of its bad habits.  If anyone is willing, God will give them the strength to turn from their sins.  And then by faith  receive Christ as their Savior. It is by faith that we receive eternal life, and commit our lives to Christ.

I honestly got the impression that the pastor was worried that people will be offended if he says the door is narrow so he just added the ' wide' part just to make it more palatable for the congregation.

This isn't the first time. He did not want to use the term 'Spiritual Disciplines' he chose to use 'Habits of Grace'. And that is just one example. Deliberate coddling IMO.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  793
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

On 9/28/2021 at 2:57 PM, Josheb said:

Assuming Jesus is not contradicting himself or speaking nonsense, who are the "we" and "us"? 

Followers of Jesus / Believers in Jesus

On 9/28/2021 at 2:41 PM, Mike Mclees said:

As far as I know, the Bible nowhere suggests that anyone will be excluded because of a particular interpretation of the details of the end times. 

• Praise God! 1