IGNORED

Are Christian women allowed to teach their sons the scriptures ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, JesusistheKing said:

hello, I have been taught through the scriptures and through pastors that Christian women are not to preach over men, but I was wondering if, in the case of raising children, if they are allowed to teach their sons the scriptures as well as their daughters, or if they should leave it up to their husbands to teach their sons, or if she is single or divorced or widowed, a male mentor from the Church ? I have been searching through the scriptures and been having trouble finding a definite answer

Women are allowed to teach men if the women are under the blessing and authority of their church elders.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

The 2 main ‘isms’ that oppose each other about women ministering are

The Complementarianism - they believe women don’t share equal amounts of responsibility in ministry only play a support role 

they believe Eve is the cause of all sins 

and will like to portray them as “ NOTORIOUS “

And

The Egalitarianism- they believe woman and man both share equal roles in ministry

they believe when Christ died woman are no longer “ subject “ to man

Were Adam and Eve equal before the Fall? The word subject used in Genesis was based on who was created first, BUT We see many women in the Bible that were given spiritual authority by God

1. Huldah ( 2kings 22:14)

14 Hilkiah the priest, Ahikam, Akbor, Shaphan and Asaiah went to speak to the prophet(Huldah, who was the wife of Shallum son of Tikvah

Doing some cleaning of the temple the book of law was found and they took it to her to speak to God - not that there weren’t any men prophets at the time as some people like to claim?

2.Anna ( Luke 2:36-38) 

There was also a prophet, Anna, the daughter of Penuel, of the tribe of Asher. 

Coming up to them at that very moment, she gave thanks to God and spoke about the child to all who were looking forward to the redemption of Jerusalem.

she foretold the coming of Christ 

3.Deborah ( Judges 4)( judges2)

Then the Lord raised up judges- this means given spiritual authority

Now Deborah, a prophet, the wife of Lappidoth, was leading Israel at that time. She held court under the Palm of Deborah between Ramah

this is related to how the prophet Moses would sit and hold court in ( Exodus 18) she even judged the high priest

People say “ we can’t count the women of the Old Testament “?

Acts 2:17 

Peter quotes Joel “In the last days, God says,
    I will pour out my Spirit on all people.(
Your sons and daughters will prophesy”

4. Priscilla ( acts 18:18)

she and her husband both ministered to Apollos

He had been instructed in the way of the Lord, and he spoke with great fervor and taught about Jesus accurately, though he knew only the baptism of John. He began to speak boldly in the synagogue. When Priscilla and Aquilaheard him, they invited him to their home and explained to him the way of God more adequately.

Says “they” so she was teaching as well

There are many examples of strong women in the Bible and some have taken Paul’s writing about women staying silent in the church to mean they can’t minister, but that is not what Paul was saying at all

My conclusion is that it is perfectly fine for a woman to minister to her children and the Scriptures can back that up

Dont let anyone discourage you from sharing the truth Sisters,?

SHALOM❤️

Edited by MrBear

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  403
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

Proverbs 22:6

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 11/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, JesusistheKing said:

hello, I have been taught through the scriptures and through pastors that Christian women are not to preach over men, but I was wondering if, in the case of raising children, if they are allowed to teach their sons the scriptures as well as their daughters, or if they should leave it up to their husbands to teach their sons, or if she is single or divorced or widowed, a male mentor from the Church ? I have been searching through the scriptures and been having trouble finding a definite answer

It is hard to find examples of famous preachers, evangelist etc who were not inspired by their mothers teaching of scrioture.

The quote from Duncan Campbell of the 1950's isle of Lewis revival is hard to beat. " Masculine pride offten got a beating when theological and biblical problems were brought to Mother!" this stay at home mother knew her theology and the bible very very well and could answer her children and husbands disputes.

How many Christian women today can say the same?