IGNORED

how can I be assured as a Christian that I am born again ?

JesusistheKing

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Waggles said:

that is going to spoil a lot of Christian permissiveness. 

Hopefully they are called at some point. I lived this type of life when I was young but eventually Jesus came and got me. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You want to add extra burdens in addition to the ones the Lord laid upon us?

Who is number one in your life?

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

Just now, missmuffet said:

Who is number one in your life?

Jesus/God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  695
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  06/17/1973

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Jesus/God.

Amen

we can’t go into this walk half way, it’s a lifestyle a way of walking with God trying our best 

I can’t say 24 hours a day I can walk  the journey without stumbling only Jesus could do that, but we need to try because he did it for us first! ??

Even on busy days I ask the Lord to strengthen my faith and if I can’t read the word I try to listen to a devotional on the way to work like these little few minute daily Devotionals

I recommend subbing to this channel for daily reminders and then meditate on the message, it helps strengthen my walk

And I hope it helps you as well

SHALOM❤️

• Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

1 minute ago, MrBear said:

Amen

we can’t go into this walk half way, it’s a lifestyle a way of walking with God trying our best 

I can’t say 24 hours a day I can walk  the journey without stumbling only Jesus could do that, but we need to try because he did it for us first! ??

Even on busy days I ask the Lord to strengthen my faith and if I can’t read the word I try to listen to a devotional on the way to work like these little few minute daily Devotionals

I recommend subbing to this channel for daily reminders and then meditate on the message, it helps strengthen my walk

And I hope it helps you as well

SHALOM❤️

I like this verse from the Bible: Pray constantly. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 RSV.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,446
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

On 11/28/2021 at 1:03 AM, JesusistheKing said:

from my understanding, being born again is having Jesus's holy spirit come live inside of you and being a new creation in Jesus, but how can I be sure that I am born again ? I am wondering if it happens in an instant moment as soon as you trust Jesus as Savior, or if it is a process, and what scriptures could help clarify this for me ? I am feeling pretty lost on this topic right now and would love to have a more educated understanding on how to be assured that you are born again in Jesus

I believe the answer lies in Matthew 7:13 - 23

The evidence of having entered the narrow gate is walking the narrow path

Narrow path - Living life on God's terms

Broad path - Living life on our own terms

In the words of John Macarthur ' The Christian life is self denial not self fulfilment'. You know you are saved if the posture of your heart is " Not my will but yours". This was the posture of Jesus's heart. This is the posture of your heart if you are a follower of Jesus.

That doesn't mean that everyone walking on the narrow path will live life on God's terms 100% of the time. No one can. No one has ever done except for Jesus. What it does mean in that the intent of the heart is to live life on God's terms and not on our own terms.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60

On 11/27/2021 at 10:03 AM, JesusistheKing said:

from my understanding, being born again is having Jesus's holy spirit come live inside of you and being a new creation in Jesus, but how can I be sure that I am born again ? I am wondering if it happens in an instant moment as soon as you trust Jesus as Savior, or if it is a process, and what scriptures could help clarify this for me ? I am feeling pretty lost on this topic right now and would love to have a more educated understanding on how to be assured that you are born again in Jesus

Hello,
I am thinking the question might be "does everyone FEEL some overwhelming change come upon them thereby being assured that God has touched them and from that moment on you walk a different person and if that doesn't happen then you aren't".

If so,  then my answer is I didn't FEEL anything more than a slight kind of 'click' (for lack of a better way of putting it) when I 'officially' (for lack of a better word) actually dropped to my knees the first time and asked for the Lord to come into and be the ruler of my life.  I knew and didn't know at the same time (knew enough to not want to offend GOD in anyway, by either lying to myself or Him).  I was sure there was GOD but it was 'the WORTHY' part that I had the hardest time getting ahold (for lack of a better word) of.  He was worthy so I was worthy but I DIDN'T FEEL IT AT ALL and it took a lot of FAITH COMES FROM HEARING THE WORDS OF GOD to come to the TRUTH of that understanding.  THANK GOD my lack of understanding didn't hold back HIS SIDE of the deal at all.  

I understand many say it is an all changing feel everything moment but those didn't come for quite a while for me.  BUT here are the suggestions I think will speed start your journey.  

GODS WILL IS THAT ALL COME TO REPENTANCE.  If that doesn't help I don't think anything will.  The wish want and desire of OUR GOD is for us to DESIRE HIS LOVE and to LOVE HIM BACK. 

I can PROMISE AND ASSURE and without a shadow of a doubt say, no matter the journey, no matter the persecutions, etc. when you ARE CAPTURED by the Lord there is NOTHING in this whole world that can come close to the feelings of LOVE AND JOY AND PEACE AND LOVE and happiness and satisfaction and contentment and security and protection and the list just goes on and on that you will feel EVERY SINGLE DAY.   Makes me wish I was starting all over again especially knowing what I know now.  

Some of Gods words on how to go about this as I have never been to 'school' so have no official piece of paper telling you I know what I am doing.  I follow where the Holy Spirit leads and can't explain what that means as I don't hear anyone 'talking' to me...with that 

a clearly written road map of sorts

Romans 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

WE all started out completely ignorant of God's righteousness.  Not a sin to start there but I think a sin to stay there.  We MUST LEARN HIS WAY because all the 'thinking and feeling' that comes from anywhere other than HIS WORDS aren't HIS.  EVERY THING someone tells you you need to find out for yourself which is super easy to do, just go to His words and it will be written.  Jesus ministry started out with those very words 3 times.  IT IS WRITTEN.  

Couple verses and done 

Isaiah 28:9 Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts.

Isaiah 28:10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

Isaiah 28:12 To whom he said, This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear.

Isaiah 28:13 But the word of the LORD was unto them precept upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little; that they might go, and fall backward, and be broken, and snared, and taken.

Read it all through Chapter following Chapter starting at the beginning and going through the whole book.  I would add a couple Psalms and Proverbs with each one so they are not all together.  (Psalms are divided into 5 parts which go with the first 5 books!!  Who knew?)  

First time,  I got a highlighter and highlighted every word I read.  Didn't try to remember a thing just wanted to let it in with no pressure.  I highly suggest it.  Truth be told I didn't understand very much of what I was reading but since that was suggested as the way to REST and REFRESHING, I just took His word for it.  

I apologize if this is too long.  I apologize if this is too short.  I apologize if this is not the answer to the question.  It is really hard for me to curb my enthusiasm and I get in trouble all the time no matter which way I go, to which I say THANK YOU LORD but I truly never want to offend a new comer to this most wonderful, more than worth it,  take it with you forever,  life we are being offered.   May God bless you and your journey.    d

• Praise God! 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Faith "Now faith is the assurance (title deed, confirmation) of things hoped for (divinely guaranteed), and the evidence of things not seen [the conviction of their reality—faith comprehends as fact what cannot be experienced by the physical senses]."

"For in this hope we were saved [by faith]. But hope [the object of] which is seen is not hope. For who hopes for what he already sees?"

"While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

See its not what I say or anyone else. Read John 3 16-17 Rom 10 9-10. What did Christ say? 'I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life". 

I am not adding or taking anything away. Take HIM not me not anyone else at HIS word. Its a free gift. Fear worry doubt? Those thoughts never come from God :)  I am saved.. I am living forever now... yet I am always growing. My salvation is not based on time. Heb 11. And you can't read John enough. When ever Gods word comes.. Satan comes right away to steal it by giving us doubts fear. Just quote His Word! Faith

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,885
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/27/2021 at 12:03 PM, JesusistheKing said:

The very matter is that you are beginning to wander if or how...THIS A PROOF THAT YOU ARE BORN FROM ABOVE FROM GOD BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST. 

THIS IS IT. 

(The fact remains that most of believers are born from above for quite some time because they are born in believing families regardless of denominational culture. 

The time they decide to make a conscious decision it is what they called the marriage of the believer faith Jesus Christ to walk together. 

Before they were engaged sort of speaking or they were just relatives who occasionally see one another.

In Christmas and Easter Holidays. 

And when they got sick and peoples prayed for them. 

AMEN

DO NOT TRY TO PROVE IT TO YOUR SELF.

JUST SAY I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST 

AND YOU KNOW WHEN YOU BELIEVE just look in your heart and put your hand in your heart and say I BELIEVE. 

WHEN YOU THINK you are not worthy ,,...still say I believe! 

Edited by Your closest friendnt
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On 11/27/2021 at 11:03 AM, JesusistheKing said:

from my understanding, being born again is having Jesus's holy spirit come live inside of you and being a new creation in Jesus, but how can I be sure that I am born again ?

For those born of s/Spirit the process is from infant to adulthood and the time frame is varied as this growth henges on the intake of the Word of God:
Matt 4:4
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
KJV
no one tells an infant to hunger for sustenance! So do you hunger for God's Word?
This reality will increase to the point that the physical does not hold the same importance as it once did and the Word of The Lord is now in that place of importance
Job 23:12
12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.
KJV
As the s/Spiritual within is a reality that will not pass away one must build upon Spiritual things within and maintain the hope the Spiritual realities produce through the Word of God called faith as more importance then this world we have began in... for faith is defined for us by God
Heb 11:1
11 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
KJV
The thing particular to note is the reality of the hope is not given to the senses (not seen) but remains in the Word itself yet to be... this is so important to understand as this world is passing away but God says this of His Word
Matt 24:35
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
KJV
This reality makes sense when one examines the Scripture as to God's plans for eternity... for hating even the garment next to the sin

Jude 21-23

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

I am wondering if it happens in an instant moment as soon as you trust Jesus as Savior, or if it is a process, and what scriptures could help clarify this for me ?

you are given new life... this life is able to hold what God has said more sure than anything else in this world presented to replace that assuredness- for we understand that this world and all it holds will pass away and be no more...

I am feeling pretty lost on this topic right now and would love to have a more educated understanding on how to be assured that you are born again in Jesus

each of us who have asked Jesus to come into our being and give us this new life must work to know God through His Word for all else is trying to distort The Who of God... it is a personal journey of just oneself and God and then in collective sense The Family of God where we join our uniqueness with others on a journey to the new heaven and new earth wherein righteousness dwells...