• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Bawb said:

The "issue" is you fail to see that the truth is it's still pagan and has nothing to do with Yeshua. It was a syncretized pagan celebration when it started and always will be.

To the Christian, it means Jesus' birth. You don't see it as a celebration of Jesus' birth so it's pagan to you, so don't celebrate Jesus' birthday and don't judge others who do not see it as pagan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bawb said:

1. Please explain to me where all of the traditions celebrated during Christ-Mass come from: the 25th of December being "god's" birthday, Christmas trees, hanging ornaments, Satan Claus and his elves, the reindeer, exchanging presents, the yule log, Christmas caroling (wassailing), kissing under the missletoe, decking the halls with holly, the 12 days of xmas and others found on the "History Channel"...

https://historycollection.com/16-pagan-christmas-traditions-that-people-mistakenly-credit-to-christianity/

All of this is paganism. Looks like paganism, smells like paganism, dances like paganism... Probably is paganism...

This is my last post on the subject. I will pray for the Ruach Ha Kodesh to open your eyes.

I just see it as a celebration of Jesus' coming and don't regard the trappings surrounding it. These are irrelevant to the message of Jesus' birth. Again, the day is a reminder to the world that Jesus came. And every communist on the planet would like to see it eliminated, along with the celebration of Jesus' resurrection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

16 hours ago, Bawb said:

I stated Biblically supported facts, which you still have not. That fact remains. It's also still pagan, and not relevant to the true birth of Yeshua.

Again, Did His Disciples/Apostles celebrate His birthday? You still have not answered that question. Would this not have been in the Acts of the Apostles if Yeshua wanted it to be celebrated?

The fact is, Romans moved it to December 25th because they wanted to appease the other pagans. The "Christians" wanted no part of syncretizing...

Your "proof" is only supported by your opinion. No facts, no scripture as I expected from you. At least you're consistent.

And yet you havent provided any actual scriptural arguments...well you have but your dates have all been built off of faulty assumptions that you provided from outside scripture. You came up with this entire argument for Christs birth based upon two false arguments-shepherds not being in the fields in the winter which is false, and the date of the census, which while you were right it likely isnt December, it also wasnt the date you said it was...if you take those out it changes your dates.

Imagine that...trying to insert faulty outside data into the Bible to fit your agenda, and your argument falls apart. 

Its also been pointed out to you multiple times that people celebrating Christs birth is indeed scriptural...or are you going to ignore the very shepherds you brought up, or the wise men who brought gifts?

Both of those groups of people celebrated Jesus birth. Thats actually im scripture. The actual day is not.

Christmas is a christian holiday. You even acknowledged it when you said the Romans changed it to the 25th. Well, for them or anyone else to have changed it they would have had to celebrate it in the first place.

And it should be noted, there is absolutely no archeological evidence to suport your claim the romans moved it. There is ample evidence that the early church moved it to avoid persecution. So this is the third false argument you have presented in order to further your agenda.

Fact is your running out of arguments-and evidence, as is evidenced by your defensiveness in your replies.

Is christmss a biblically mandated holiday? No its not. Its not something that is ordained and commanded of us. But, its not prohibited either, as is evidenced by the fact people were celebrating His birth literally, from day one. And that IS in the Bible. If you disagree you disagree with God and the Bible-not me.

If you dont want to celebrate it...that is fine. No ones making you. But if you want me to stop, your going to have to actually present a real, solid, scriptural argument-not one that is based upon false extra scriptural assumptions just to push a legalistic agenda.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Biblican said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think he became a Christian until much later in his life. 

It has to do a lot with your definition of what is " to become a Christian ".

Let me stay with you and ask you a simple question. 

What "became a Christian " includes? 

Or how someone becomes a Christian?  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Yes amen.. Yeshua/Jesus is the reason. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,249
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  20

I was hoping to find a thread about Christmas that would be uplifting and encouraging since I am kind of having a blues time this year.  Family and friends all have other holiday plans this year and could not fit us in. Then FedEx did not get my online purchases here on time, though ordered the first of November, to get them mailed out to the grandchildren. (I'll be mailing them in January.)

For a thread entitled the "The True Meaning of Christmas".......this it is NOT what I define as a good thread for the loving, giving, generous, encouraging holiday spirit.

Many of the posts on here do not have the spirit of Christ in their CHRISTmas words and wishes.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,309
  • Topics Per Day:  0.51
  • Content Count:  4,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

On 12/14/2021 at 10:28 AM, Biblican said:

As I write these words, Christmas is fast approaching, which is the day that Christians celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus, the Messiah. His coming is the culmination of every prophecy, foreshadow and typology that God has woven throughout His word to prepare us for Messiah’s coming. Unfortunately, there are still many who reject Him as the Messiah, in spite of the overwhelming Biblical evidence that supports the truth of His arrival and His purpose.

Jesus came to instigate the prophesied New Covenant (Jeremiah 31:33). This covenant would be given to the Israelites after their 70 year captivity in Babylon, when God permitted them to return to their land (Jeremiah 32:37-40). This covenant would enable them to have their sins forgiven and their relationship with God restored. Everyone who received this covenant would “know the Lord” (Jeremiah 31:34) and He would be their God and they would be His people.

Jesus came, was killed and the New Covenant, or Testament, was instigated by His prophesied death (Isaiah 53) and resurrection (Psalm 16:10).

Jesus’ coming and death was prophesied specifically by the prophet Daniel who accurately foretold that the Messiah (Anointed One), would come and be killed before the destruction of Jerusalem (Daniel 9:26). The city was destroyed in 70AD, forty years after Jesus came and the Lord also prophesied of the event (Luke 19:43,44, Matthew 24:2). The remainder of Daniel’s prophecy also shows that there would be no other benevolent Messiah coming after Jesus.

While the majority of the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah, He was gladly received by the Gentiles as prophesied (Isaiah 60:3,49:6).

The Roman emperor, Constantine, who recognized the benefits of Christianity upon all nations, combined the celebration of Jesus’ birth with an established pagan festival, in the hopes the Christian celebration would have a beneficial influence on the pagans.

Many today protest Christmas by saying the event has pagan roots. But because of Constantine’s efforts to promote Christianity, today, every year pagans all over the world are reminded that this Man Jesus was born to save mankind.

Because of Christmas, multiple songs have been written to commemorate the day and the event. These early gospel songs are broadcast all over the world and sometimes even on grocery store intercoms while people are shopping for the holiday, reminding all of the Savior who came to save our souls and give us eternal life. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

While the origins of the day may be pagan, those roots have long been forgotten by the masses and trampled by the Truth that God’s Anointed One has come into the world.

It doesn’t matter whether December 25 is Jesus’ actual birth date. No one knows what the exact day is for sure, but what matters is, the day is a witness to the greatest event in human history.

So celebrate the Lord this Christmas – and every minute of every day in your hearts.

Joy to the world, the Lord has come, let earth receive her King!”

Amen! as we have once believed the tradition of Christmas/Christ-Mass, but now as we believe: 

Astounding New Evidence -- When Was The True BIRTH of Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ)?

Love, Walter and Debbie

21 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

It has to do a lot with your definition of what is " to become a Christian ".

Let me stay with you and ask you a simple question. 

What "became a Christian " includes? 

Or how someone becomes a Christian?  

People become Christians by believing Jesus is the Messiah, that He died for our sins and that He rose from the dead and repenting of their sins, which is a recognition that they have sinned, they need the Lord's forgiveness and are willing to let Him change them.  

8 hours ago, Walter and Deborah said:

Amen! as we have once believed the tradition of Christmas/Christ-Mass, but now as we believe: 

Astounding New Evidence -- When Was The True BIRTH of Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ)?

Love, Walter and Debbie

Thanks very much for this article.

I had thought that Jesus might have been born in September as it correlates with one of the Hebrew feasts and this article confirms that for me. "Nine months from Kislev (approximately December) would place His birth about the middle of September. Nine months from Kislev (approximately December) would place His birth about the middle of September."

Thanks again and God bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,974
  • Content Per Day:  2.42

1 hour ago, Biblican said:

People become Christians by believing Jesus is the Messiah, that He died for our sins and that He rose from the dead and repenting of their sins, which is a recognition that they have sinned, they need the Lord's forgiveness and are willing to let Him change them.  

I do not say anything against that because Jesus Christ wants his people to repent. 

Think about that "he wants his people to repent ".

Will never say anything against that.

His people, he is calling his people to repentance, THEY WERE HIS PEOPLE BEFORE THEY REPENT. 

Think about that. 

Jesus Christ is not calling anyone of the people who believe in him Christians.

He is calling them his people. He is calling his own people to repent so he can give them a special blessing that follows repentance.

Jesus Christ never preach the message "how to become a Christian. 

This is Judging the people of Jesus Christ who are entangled in the things of this world. 

You must have been engaged oneself to understand what that really means.

Jesus Christ is calling people as they are entangled in the world to believe in him.