IGNORED

New years

The_Patriot21

Is new years evil?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Alright all, is new years evil?

• Yes
    • No
    • Wheres the popcorn we were supposed to get with the new server?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, other one said:

But you can be glad it's over.

I'm glad when every day is over!  I know I don't have to tell you about the aches and pains of being old - looking forward to how nice it feels to lay down for the evening.  ;)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.90
  • Days Won:  1

New Year's is not intrinsically or inherently evil.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2

But, but... we don't know anything about the new year :whistling:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

8 hours ago, OneLight said:

I'm glad when every day is over!  I know I don't have to tell you about the aches and pains of being old - looking forward to how nice it feels to lay down for the evening.  ;)

I'm 74 years old and just drove 7 hours home and unloaded the RV back into the house and dumped the water....

I do understand..

• Haha 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  627
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I haven't celebrated the "New Year's" for several years. I also don't make "New Year's" resolutions. I think if we wait for a whole year to make a change, we really didn't have it in our heart to make much of an effort to change. If you truly want to change, you'll change today. It's just another day.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Book, Chapter and Verse please where we are told to celebrate this day!! This day has only been celebrated on the 1st Jan for around 300 yrs. Used to be on the 25th Dec for a while and before that in March coinciding with other pagan celebrations i.e. easter. As all these days are typically to do with solstices go figure. The Bible was written when they used the Hebrew Calendar and obviously the Gregorian calendar was not around which is also a part of the great delusion/deception. Gregorian calendar has only been in use for around 4-5 hundred years.

I will stick to the context our Bibles were written in and let the world celebrate it pagan days that all have the fruits of gluttony, debauchery, unclean, sin, drunkenness, fornication, adultery etc etc etc. Which are the fruits of these days. As for me and my house we will serve Yahweh and worship on His days that He taught in Lev 23, again I will use the scriptures. The God I worship and serve, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, The God of the Hebrews. My God does not change neither does His word from Gen-Rev.

Biblical New Year 1st of Nissan or Aviv in Hebrew and we are not told to celebrate that day however we are instructed to worship on the 14th-21st Aviv which is Passover and Unleavened Bread including Firstfruits. I will stick to the scriptures and to what Yahweh and Yeshua and the apostles all taught thanks.

Keep in mind I used to do all these days, but one day I heard My shepherds voice and now I do what He says from His word. For Yeshua said    NKJ John 7:16 Jesus answered them and said, "My doctrine is not Mine, but His who sent Me. 

Joh 14:24 "He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me. 

NKJ Matthew 4:4 But He answered and said, "It is written,`Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"   Quoting directly from Deut 8:3

At the time these things were said there was no NT, the "Fathers Words and Doctrine" spoken of above are the OT.

I know there will be strong resistance to this but give me book chapter and verse with proper exegesis and context that says Yahweh says we are to celebrate these days.

Shalom

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

This will be the sixth New Year Day: That I will not be waking up with a hangover, wishing the day away so my head will stop pounding, and dehydrated. Wondering if I had a good time or not. Having to endure the wife's loud and frustrated yapper atop the hangover, narrated play by play, with excessive emphasis commentary and one-sided opinion. Purportedly for things I said and did that embarrassed and humiliated her. Having no guilt or shame because I did not remember much of it. How did that woman put up with me for 42 years?

Pitying people that didn't go out and overdo it. They have nothing to look forward to, because when they get up New Year's Day, that's the best they are going to feel all day long. That can, bottle, or pitcher of Busch beer, had become an idol I served about every other day of my life for decades. Praise the Lord He had pity on me, and heard my heart felt confession and prayer. In one single day, He alone cured me of alcoholism with zero withdraw effects. 

Lord willing, I'll go to bed at my normal time, when the eyelids close more than they are open, usually around 9:30 - 11:00 P.M.

I've never made a New Year resolution, but I will make a prediction for 2022. Things will get worse, much worse; global instability and threats of war will increase; we will lose more of our freedoms and rights; people without immediate proof of Covid vaccination will be stigmatized, restricted and isolated; hyperinflation will kick in with global implications and effects; Israel will surely deal with the Iranian nuclear threat; Pseudo President O'Biden may be replaced for apparent reasons; still writing 2021 on my checks, six months into 2022 (to many birthday candles).

I would not be surprised if one or more major end-time prophetic events occurred in 2022. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,514
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

Speaking of the new server. More times than not, I had problems logging and signing in to Worthy. Clicking the sign in button, it would just spool and spool looking, I guess? No issues signing in anymore, guess that solved it?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

Is New Years evil? It all depends on how 2022 turns out. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Is New Years evil?

I can tell you from a conspiracy theorist's point of view and an end time researcher, it certainly has the potential to be very evil.  Most of the people that are allowed to be in charge in the worldly way down here are pretty much from hard core evil groups.