• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I remember years ago in Bible college I took a class called Ecclesiology and Church polity and the professor asked two questions that had a huge impact on me and I'm curious so see everyone's answers.

What is Church?

What is the Purpose of the Church?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  1

56 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

What is Church?

The ekklesia - the called out ones - the body of Christ - the Spirit-filled disciple sanctified and justified by Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

58 minutes ago, Joshua-777 said:

Go and learn of the Emperor Penguins which stay the winter in Antarctica - you will see a great example of what the church is supposed to be. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The ekklesia is believers who have been called together and set apart from this world to demonstrate the Kingdom. The Church is often called the bride of Christ, signifying a deep intimate relationship with God, and the body of Christ, meaning what God wants to do through in the world, He does through the Church, but also the Temple of God. Just as in the Old testament, the temple was a home for the glory of God in the Holy of Holies, when we gather together, we become a living temple and the very dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Ephesiahs 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,942
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 2/18/2022 at 7:17 AM, Joshua-777 said:

I remember years ago in Bible college I took a class called Ecclesiology and Church polity and the professor asked two questions that had a huge impact on me and I'm curious so see everyone's answers.

What is Church?

I remember the Ministry Training course I studied had a module on Church Administration & Organisation. A very important section was devoted to Ethics. I make it my business not to let the Administration & Organisation side of things eclipse the spiritual dynamic of edification and comfort.

2Co 1:3-4  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  (4)  who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.

The ideology and the reality should match but until the Lord's Return we work with what we are given. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

So, what is the purpose of the church? Paul gave an excellent illustration to the believers in Corinth. The church is God’s hands, mouth, and feet in this world—the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-27). We are to be doing the things that Jesus Christ would do if He were here physically on the earth. The church is to be “Christian,” “Christ-like,” and Christ-following.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 2/19/2022 at 5:40 AM, Joshua-777 said:

The ekklesia is believers who have been called together and set apart from this world to demonstrate the Kingdom. The Church is often called the bride of Christ, signifying a deep intimate relationship with God, and the body of Christ, meaning what God wants to do through in the world, He does through the Church, but also the Temple of God. Just as in the Old testament, the temple was a home for the glory of God in the Holy of Holies, when we gather together, we become a living temple and the very dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Ephesiahs 2:19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Hi Joshua,

The Church, the ekklesia are the called out ones from Israel and the nations. (Eph. 2: 15)

Purpose on earth - to grow like Christ by His Holy Spirit, encourage and build up the Body. (Eph. 4: 11 - 16)

Purpose in heaven - to rule with Christ on His own throne in the highest. (Rev. 3: 21)

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/20/2022 at 4:40 PM, Katie Müller said:

What is the Purpose of the Church

Matthew 28:19-20 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that I have commanded you.

Mark 16:15 "
And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Acts 1:8 "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."

Romans 15:19 "Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ."

The Purpose of the Church is to preach the Gospel of the coming Kingdom of God to all people. To make disciples, baptize them and teach them to obey all Christ commanded. Not everyone can do go abroad preaching. We see Paul, Barnabas, Timothy, Peter etc. where those who preached and converted. Others joined them in the ministry, but some remained supporting the work.

In the first century the church did the following. This is only a brief list:

• The churches prayed for each other [2 Corinthians 1:11, 9:14];
  • Prophesied to the benefit of the church [Acts 11:28, 21:10]
  • Collected food to be sent to those in need [1 Corinthians 16:1-2];
  • Provided material goods to those in the church [1 Corinthians 16:17]
  • Sold lands and gave the money to the church to support the work. [Acts 2:45]
  • They visited Paul while he was in prison [2 Timothy 1:16-17]
  • Offering praise and thanksgiving [2 Corinthians 9:12]

Amen!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07

I hardly see or feel any Jesus in this present day so called church, but i see people parroting verses and sharing curses outside.

But i believe there are still some people where we can feel the real Jesus in them. Not in cyber space.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,031
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/17/2022 at 7:17 PM, Joshua-777 said:

What is Church?

The Church is the corporate Body of Christ for His expression and glory on earth.

The Church serves as a physical entity for His testimony. It serves as a House for the Triune God on earth. It serves as a Bride for the Man Jesus. It serves as a Kingdom to bring God's rule and will to earth.

• Loved it! 1