IGNORED

Can you help me understand the Jewish people?

debrakay

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.48
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

2 hours ago, debrakay said:

I was not sure where to post this since I do not know if this pertains to theology, apologetics, prophesy, etc. since I don't have a definite understanding of the meanings of those words.  

I read an article today and have more questions than answers about the Jewish people and their denial of Jesus as Messiah.  I figure if Jesus showed up on earth today with signs and wonders they would still be calling out for him to be crucified.  Here is the link to the article. https://www.aish.com/jw/s/48892792.html

They deny everything in old testament scripture that shows Jesus as Christ.  They deny a virgin birth and believe the Messiah would have two human parents. They deny he was a prophet.  They deny he descended from the linage of King David through his human father Joseph. There is much more.  

I understand that our Christian faith and belief is enhanced by the Holy Spirit in our lives.  The Jews do not accept Jesus are not born again and therefore are not filled with the Holy Spirit who reveals truth.  I guess their denial of Christ is much like our denial of Muhammud or Buddah as god's.  It is good to know that there are Messianic Jews and Messianic Muslims. 

I would love to hear any words of wisdom from others on how God's chosen people can be so deceived and who keep God in a box of their own making. 

Hi debrakay,

Interesting question and discussion. My thoughts are - 

1. Individually a Jew can turn to the Lord if they have their eyes opened to the truth.

2.As a nation a `hardening in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.` (Rom. 11: 25)  This will nearly fulfill the time of their chastisement. Then when the Lord returns to deliver them then -

`I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on me whom they have pierced; they will mourn for Him as one mourns for His only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a first-born.` (Zech. 12: 10) 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  11

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.  Revelation 2:8-9 (KJV)

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.  Revelation 3:9 (KJV)

So then, according to the scriptures above, there are some fake Jews out there who say they’re Jews but are not.  I believe these are the ones who crucified our Lord.  Consider Jesus’ words to these fake Jews:

I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.  -John 8:37-47 (KJV)

Edited by Selah7
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This is a tough question to answer for fear of offending people.

There is (in my opinion), a false teaching call Replacement Theology. In this teaching, Jews have been replaced as God's chosen people. I don't know where in scripture people could have possibly gotten this idea. But many do embrace this notion.

Personally, I do not believe that the Jews ever have been or could possibly be replaced.

However, they have had their understanding "darkened" as Jewish scripture puts it. Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 29:10-11, Isaiah 44:18

Sadly, most people who identify themselves as Jewish today, are in reality Atheist. They don't simply reject Christ, they reject any form of God. Including the God that is spoken of in the Synagogue. 

They see, but cannot see. Hear, but cannot hear. Just as Jewish...not Christian..Jewish scripture says. 

Everything about the Messiah - Who, What, When, Where, Why and How - is clearly written in Jewish scripture. Yet, thousands of years have passed without them being able to see this or hear this.

But things are changing. This generation has probably seen more Jews come to Christ than in the last 2,000 years combined.

Amazing things are happening. Why people aren't talking about it, is beyond me.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

The "Jewish" people have been persecuted by "Christians" for 2000 years.  I don't believe that a Christian can be indwelled by God's love for Israel and persecute the Jews or anyone else.  

Nevertheless, Jews are Jewish by birth so they think we can be Christians by birth.  (Some Christians think that as well.).   They have been bigoted toward us for good reason.  Centuries of persecution.

Many years ago I bought a menorah at a little Jewish shop in California.  The clerk was so puzzled why I would want such a thing since I am Christian.  I explained to her the many references to it in both the Gospels and the Revelation, so it gave me an opportunity to witness to her.  I told her that many Christians support Israel.  She was amazed.    

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, debrakay said:

But the Jewish people are ashamed of the gospel of Christ which is why they continue to crucify him.  The words of the New Testament are lost to them. But as the scripture says, "for it is the power of God" and God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) can reveal truth to the hearts and minds of anyone and everyone. 

Unfortunately they are as blind as the gentiles who are blind, and they need salvation as well, so let us continue to pray for them. 🇮🇱☺️

Shalom! I didn't mean to offend you, though.....may the Lord's peace and grace be with you there, and may He give you all your hearts desires, according to His loving will and plan for you! 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,099
  • Content Per Day:  2.54
  • Days Won:  5

7 hours ago, toocoolblue said:

This is a tough question to answer for fear of offending people.

There is (in my opinion), a false teaching call Replacement Theology. In this teaching, Jews have been replaced as God's chosen people. I don't know where in scripture people could have possibly gotten this idea. But many do embrace this notion.

Personally, I do not believe that the Jews ever have been or could possibly be replaced.

However, they have had their understanding "darkened" as Jewish scripture puts it. Isaiah 6:9-10, Isaiah 29:10-11, Isaiah 44:18

Sadly, most people who identify themselves as Jewish today, are in reality Atheist. They don't simply reject Christ, they reject any form of God. Including the God that is spoken of in the Synagogue. 

They see, but cannot see. Hear, but cannot hear. Just as Jewish...not Christian..Jewish scripture says. 

Everything about the Messiah - Who, What, When, Where, Why and How - is clearly written in Jewish scripture. Yet, thousands of years have passed without them being able to see this or hear this.

But things are changing. This generation has probably seen more Jews come to Christ than in the last 2,000 years combined.

Amazing things are happening. Why people aren't talking about it, is beyond me.

I have also heard of that false "replacement doctrine" and it is also among some in Norway. It is abominable! Nobody can replace the green tree! I am just a wild branch 🌿 poded into the green tree by amazing Grace. 

I have heard that they (in the synagogues etc) don't read out loud Isaiah 53? And that the Jews are forbidden to read a New Testament (New Covenant)? 

Nevertheless, I have watched wonderful testimony videos on YouTube, about Jews who have seen that The Lord is their Messiah, and they have repented and got saved and born again! HalleluYah! 🎼 ⬆️ 🌈 🎶 🎻 🆙 🎹 

I have the biography of the first wife of Derek Prince (he wrote it), I think it is called "my beloved Jerusalem", and she was from Denmark 🇩🇰 and moved to Jerusalem about 100 years ago as the Lord called her to do so. 

She new little about the Jewish people, besides what she had read in the Holy Word, so she had much to learn. When the Jews living near her, knew she was a "Christian", they despised her openly and she found out that it was several reasons why. 

One reason was that they had heard about the so-called crusades where the so-called Christians killed the Jewish people in the Name of Christ etc. 

She had to break their hatred towards her with the Lord's Love/Ahavah, and she did so. 😊 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

Good morning debrakay,

There are many books on this subject and your inquiry; I’ll try to condense it into a few paragraphs.

The Pharisees, scribes, and Jews had they known the scriptures they possessed and, with a bit of effort, could and should have known the exact day prophesized of Jesus’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem, riding on a colt.

Matthew 21:2 Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an ass tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me.

Mark 11:2 And saith unto them, Go your way into the village over against you: and as soon as ye be entered into it, ye shall find a colt tied, whereon never man sat; loose him, and bring him.

Mark adds an interesting tidbit of information, “whereon never man sat.” We can take several implications from this, but what enters my mind is that it is unbroken and will buck riders off. But anyway…

The Jews had it in their minds a political and military Savior was coming to free them from the yoke and oppression of the Romans. Again, they misinterpreted what the prophets had told them in scripture. The Pharisees attributed Jesus’ miracles to Beelzebub, the unpardonable sin, attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to the prince of devils.

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

For Israel’s rejection of their actual and waited for Messiah, the apostle Paul makes known another mystery: Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

As scripture predicted, Israel returned as a nation once again in one day (May 14, 1948), still in disbelief. This unbelief will continue until the fulness of the Gentiles come in, which starts toward the end of the Tribulation when they finally realize they crucified their true Messiah and call on the Name of the Lord to save them.

Zechariah 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  350
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,508
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

14 hours ago, debrakay said:

But the Jewish people are ashamed of the gospel of Christ which is why they continue to crucify him.  The words of the New Testament are lost to them. But as the scripture says, "for it is the power of God" and God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) can reveal truth to the hearts and minds of anyone and everyone. 

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Paul talks about national Israel in general, and some will convert to Messianic Judaism. The Sanhedrin, Pharisees, and Sadducees had corrupted God’s word with many additions, deletions, and manufactured traditions adding to the yoke of Israel.  

Speaking of Jewish corruption and manufactured traditions, what about a large segment of Gentiles since circa 300 A.D.?

Mary is still a virgin; praying to Mary and the saints for intercession; indulgences to get loved ones out of purgatory faster; the Eucharist, that the bread and wine are the actual physical blood and flesh of Jesus, having to constantly perform it to maintain Salvation; confessing sins to a priest; last rites; a leader whose encyclicals are inerrant and infallible, called holy father. Every religion worship and prays to the same god, called by different names in different religions and cultures.

On the above, Mystery Babylon of Revelation and this verse comes to mind:

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

8 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

Every religion worship and prays to the same god, called by different names in different religions and cultures.

On the above, Mystery Babylon

The names and faces and even flags change, but the original Babylon is at the heart and epicenter of all that us unholy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

I have only run across a few Jewish people directly and I couldn't bear to have a relationship with anyone who continually denied and spit in the face of our Savior.

It is interesting how Christians and Jews have many of the same concerns and objectives. I understand that the The Lord has chosen to bless the entire world through the Jewish people or the Jewish nation. Even though Jerusalem became a nation again in 1948, I don't see that group of people as all truly Jewish people. Many are yes, but many more are not. This is where some are separating what they see as a "spiritual" Israel over the physical Israel, including all Christians in the spiritual version.

This is both a yes and no answer because there IS a delineation between the Jews and the saved branches.Some take it a bit too far.

The inhabitants of that city are partaking in most of the same things any other pagan godless nation would partake in, they certainly are not in any way spiritually superior. The biggest feather in their hat, which they fail to see is that Jesus came through them.God has a plan for them in the future as His chosen people. God is using Israel for His ultimate purposes. I am unsure exactly in what capacity they will be in the New Jerusalem. I am happy that one day the scales will once again be lifted from their eyes and that God will be using them. Jesus was a Jew and there is some significance there. It's all in His plan. God will bless those who bless the Jews and curse those who curse them. This is a clear scriptural mandate and why I was concerned when we had Obama, a cloaked muslim in the US white house. 

The way things will one day be with respect to the Jews and the way they presently are are two VERY different things. They have the Kabal and are looking for a world leader same as the Muslims are and we know who that is going to ultimately be. The person who they THINK is their answer will be a huge disappointment for them.

Edited by Starise
  • Thumbs Up 2