• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.60
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/11/2022 at 1:18 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I know the knee jerk reaction would be to say yes but.. I just think of a friend of mine who has a child and i kinda feel guilty bc i kinda talked her into keeping the baby. Hes a lovely boy but shes in an abusive situation and bc of it her mental health deteriorated so much. In and out od hospitals. She cant really work or take care of baby without the help of her abuser. 

She couldnt do adoption bc he wanted the baby and wouodnt let her. He also has rights. I just wonder if God understands abortion in cases like these. 

Sometimes i wonder if i did the right thing. 

I myself am also overwhelmed with mt own kids. Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

If this is GODS TRUTH 

Ecclesiastes 7:1 A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.

Ecclesiastes 7:2 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.

Ecclesiastes 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

Ecclesiastes 7:4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.

Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.

Then it would seem to be a good thing for the baby anyhow. 

Genesis 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

WITH THAT TRUTH  -  We get closer to all being born, so the end can come AND the EVIL of this world can be dealt with.

IMHO  I do believe there are those who don't have to be proved/tested and I think all their spiritual/soul/spirit has to do is 'touch' (as in embryo) 'earthen flesh' and the requirements to be 'born of woman, born of water, born from above' take place in a way we don't need to understand.  I rest this belief on Jacob and Esau and being foreknew, pre ordained and the like.  But it is just an opinion.  

Trying to find some good, in a most difficult, always heartbreaking situation 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/11/2022 at 3:18 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I know the knee jerk reaction would be to say yes but.. I just think of a friend of mine who has a child and i kinda feel guilty bc i kinda talked her into keeping the baby. Hes a lovely boy but shes in an abusive situation and bc of it her mental health deteriorated so much. In and out od hospitals. She cant really work or take care of baby without the help of her abuser. 

She couldnt do adoption bc he wanted the baby and wouodnt let her. He also has rights. I just wonder if God understands abortion in cases like these. 

Sometimes i wonder if i did the right thing. 

I myself am also overwhelmed with mt own kids. Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

Mine is not a knee-jerk answer, but one based on years of personal conviction from scriptures and the LORD.  

Yes, abortions really ARE that bad.  It's murder, plain and simple.  Sometimes the mother decides it on her own.  Sometimes the father or grandparents or even the ob/gyn are insistent on it.  A study was done in my state of Louisiana as the state legislature wanted to know the truth.  60% of women who had had abortions had been partially or totally coerced by someone in their life convincing them or pressuring them that they would be better off just to kill the baby.

It's no different that the nation of Moab in the Bible who burned their babies in the fires to appease their fictional and impotent god.  They sacrificed children to their gods by burning them to death - we sacrifice the unborn to our false gods of self and pleasure and convenience.

I do not judge these women.  I have counseled several years down the road as they grew into mature adults who recognized what they did.  They are grieved at their former actions of killing their babies.  Two of these women having more than one abortion.

COUNTLESS people have been born into unfavorable homes and lived to leave it and lived to have an abundant life REGARDLESS of the early home life.

I'll be praying for your friend and for you.

Abortion is never the answer.

Life can be hard and VERY hard.  Never give in to despair.  Make wise choices.  Follow God.  Trust him for your children's sakes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  341
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,103
  • Content Per Day:  2.53
  • Days Won:  5

3 minutes ago, Jayne said:

Mine is not a knee-jerk answer, but one based on years of personal conviction from scriptures and the LORD.  

Yes, abortions really ARE that bad.  It's murder, plain and simple.  Sometimes the mother decides it on her own.  Sometimes the father or grandparents or even the ob/gyn are insistent on it.  A study was done in my state of Louisiana as the state legislature wanted to know the truth.  60% of women who had had abortions had been partially or totally coerced by someone in their life convincing them or pressuring them that they would be better off just to kill the baby.

It's no different that the nation of Moab in the Bible who burned their babies in the fires to appease their fictional and impotent god.  They sacrificed children to their gods by burning them to death - we sacrifice the unborn to our false gods of self and pleasure and convenience.

I do not judge these women.  I have counseled several years down the road as they grew into mature adults who recognized what they did.  They are grieved at their former actions of killing their babies.  Two of these women having more than one abortion.

COUNTLESS people have been born into unfavorable homes and lived to leave it and lived to have an abundant life REGARDLESS of the early home life.

I'll be praying for your friend and for you.

Abortion is never the answer.

Life can be hard and VERY hard.  Never give in to despair.  Make wise choices.  Follow God.  Trust him for your children's sakes.

Amen and Amen! And yes, those women who are getting rid of their children like this, they will never be the same, and it is only The Lord Who can forgive them and heal them. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

There are consequences of fornication and adultery like unwanted pregnancies. Abortion seems to be a way out of the consequence which has yet more consequences.

I am only speaking to fornication and adultery not speaking on rape because I can’t. 

I think we can grow to love and find a way to take care of unplanned  babies but abortion should be regretted later.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

There are much worse cases out there yet its the same answer.. its never ok. A baby that goes right to heaven never experiencing this world are ..not like angels yet are. By that I mean they long to know to understand all this.  Theres something to this life that GOD wants all of us to experience.

Well just think about it.. we as man in a fallen world believe its far better for a baby to just die and go to heaven. Yet the Father would rather them live their life here. Again it was is never will be ok for abortion. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

Technically this is true, but I do feel the Bible gives us enough to draw certain conclusions. "Thou shalt not kill" stands first in line, but even if people want to take the position that life doesn't begin at conception there are other potentially relevant verses. Exodus calls for punishment if a woman is caused to miscarry. Jeremiah and Psalms both make mention God's interactions while still in the womb. While far less direct I Timothy 5:8 tells us that those who don't provide for those of their own household are "worse than an infidel and have denied the faith". It all adds up to significant reason to be wary of abortion.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Abortion is murder,  period. You can't justify killing a baby no matter what. I understand there are circumstances that children should not grow up in,  but the right to live and make their own choices is their sovereign right by God. No one has the right to take that away from them.  HOWEVER,  I want to make a point that nearly always gets overlooked in pretty much every abortion debate.  That is this.  We NEED to show compassion for women who have gone through abortion. Some women were pressured into it and had no real say.  Others thought it was no big deal at the time,  but now feel guilty and regret their decision.  Others may feel like it was the only choice in the life circumstance they were in. I am not condoning abortion,  no matter what.  BUT I am saying that scared and confused women had reasons for doing what they did.  Jesus still loves those women as much as the babies they had,  and he would want us to reach out to them in love and compassion,  not judgement and hate. So the next time you run into a woman who has endured such a terrible ordeal, show the love of Christ. Amen?

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Idk there isnt specific scripture on it. 

Psalm 139:13-16 (NASB)
13  For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.
14  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
15  My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16  Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written The days that were ordained for me, When as yet there was not one of them.

Although scripture may not deal specifically with the issue of abortion, it does point to the fact that life was created in the womb,

“You (God) wove me in my mother’s womb.” As you read the rest of the passage, it explains that God was the one creating every detail of the life and body in the womb. With this in mind, would it be right for man to step in and interrupt/abort God’s creative work. If we do interrupt/abort His creation of the person in the womb, how does God view this? Are we going to judge this action through the lens of scripture, or through human logic? Just some things to think about.

Gary

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  341
  • Topics Per Day:  0.41
  • Content Count:  2,103
  • Content Per Day:  2.53

On 4/22/2022 at 3:45 AM, Robtay7123 said:

Abortion is murder,  period. You can't justify killing a baby no matter what. I understand there are circumstances that children should not grow up in,  but the right to live and make their own choices is their sovereign right by God. No one has the right to take that away from them.  HOWEVER,  I want to make a point that nearly always gets overlooked in pretty much every abortion debate.  That is this.  We NEED to show compassion for women who have gone through abortion. Some women were pressured into it and had no real say.  Others thought it was no big deal at the time,  but now feel guilty and regret their decision.  Others may feel like it was the only choice in the life circumstance they were in. I am not condoning abortion,  no matter what.  BUT I am saying that scared and confused women had reasons for doing what they did.  Jesus still loves those women as much as the babies they had,  and he would want us to reach out to them in love and compassion,  not judgement and hate. So the next time you run into a woman who has endured such a terrible ordeal, show the love of Christ. Amen?

GIFs-2022311112839.gif

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

3 hours ago, Rosie1jack2pauline3 said:

i have no idea what a knee jerk is, maybe you can explain it as I’m from the UK.

Have you not come across the expression "knee-jerk reaction"? An instant, instinctive, non-thinking (and usually inappropriate) response to a situation or provocation. 

• Thumbs Up 2