• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 7/26/2022 at 11:02 AM, backontrack said:

Is it risky praying for people to be healed? The church I attend encourages its members to pray for peoples healing if they fill Gods spirit or holy spirit move them to do so. I believe in healing as Jesus healed many so did the disciples. The biggest fear can I be sued for doing this! 

God is responsible for healing them.  We ask Him to heal them.  I would like to see someone try to sue God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

On 8/1/2022 at 10:53 AM, Starise said:

while you're at it could you throw in a prayer for Kwik?

God totally healed Kwik of stage 4 cancer some years ago.  It returned after years of her being cancer free.  

The same thing happened to another friend.  The doctors had told her to get her affairs in order since she also was in stage 4 and her organs were shutting down.  All treatment had failed and there was nothing else they could do.   She deeded her house to her daughter.    That night several friends from different churches gathered around her bed and prayed for her for several hours.  Slowly the huge liver tumor that had broken 2 ribs started to disappear till some months later she was totally cancer free.  I knew her well and saw this happen.   Years later the cancer returned and she is now with the Lord.

I agree that healing side shows are wrong and too many are done by actors.  On the other hand, God still heals today.  My husband was healed within 3 hours after our pastors anointed him with oil and prayed for him during their noon hour.  He had horrible pain from a pinched nerve in his neck that had him bed ridden for a month.  It was completely gone by 4 PM.  Our pastors rarely talk about the answers to prayer they have seen.  When they do they speak of them with hushed voices and in awe of what God has done.  Holy ground.  In fact, many people complain about no healings or miracles occurring in our church.  They just don't know about what God is doing here.  We get more excited about people being saved and growing in their faith.  Our pastors are focused on teaching the word, chapter by chapter.

Never have I been a fan of Kathryn Kuhlman.  However, 2 friends went to one of her meetings and watched a severely deformed club foot straighten before their eyes.  The guy was not on stage.  They were sitting across the isle from the person.  Personally I think that God answered the prayers of the people around him who had compassion and the courage to ask.  

I stopped doubting the miracles in the Bible when I saw and experienced them myself.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,306
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/2/2022 at 10:26 PM, backontrack said:

Have you ever had intuition not to do or do something? If so then that is kinda like the holy spirit urging one.  It's not ourself doing the healing it's Jesus

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
Video removed. Videos are only allow in the video section of the forums.

What you are saying is, ' If you pray for someone you are acting on the spirits prompting.'

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

6 hours ago, Who me said:

What you are saying is, ' If you pray for someone you are acting on the spirits prompting.'

Yes, and what Jesus told us to do just as the disciples did. The holy spirit directs us in many areas who to pray for and what to pray for. Remember Saul (PAUL) he was told to go to Acts 9 5-6, Saul was told to go into the city and wait for Ananias to come. Ananias was prompted by the Holy Spirit to go see Saul and pray for him. It is not changed today the Holy Spirit lets us know what to do. Not all cases are the same some people just receive healing with no one touching them. 

• 9 months later...

• Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

On 8/1/2022 at 2:09 PM, backontrack said:

Edited by Omegaman 3.0
Video removed. Videos are only allow in the video section of the forums.

Be healed in Jesus Name I believe in healing weather it instant or over a period of time. Watch this and go to James River site watch watch watch. God is healing so many and salvations are so many and many healing are documented by Doctors ALS, bones, hands, ears, MS and so much more. So Be healed in Jesus Name.

Praise the Lord!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

On 7/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, backontrack said:

The biggest fear can I be sued for doing this! 

My pastor was arrested in Germany for this. In this country Prayer is a protected form of religious expression and freedom of religion is a fundamental human right in many countries.

There were instances during the COVID-19 pandemic where individuals or religious groups were arrested or faced legal consequences for violating public health restrictions related to religious gatherings.

It is not unusual for people to rest in the Spirit when we pray for them. That does not ever seem to be a problem though.  The only issue we have is in nursing homes people get excited and want to get up out of their wheelchair and dance. The nurse may get upset, because they are worried the patient will fall down and hurt themselves.  

They may threaten to take away a church's tax-exempt status and use this to control them. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

I think we know we don't do the healing. There are times Jesus kicked people out.. you don't want those that doubt around you. Jesus said lay hand on the sick and they shall recover. Peter and John at the gate beautiful after that man who expected to receive something from them was healed they told them we didn't do this by our own power its that name faith in that name healed him. 

We also notice they never once has to pray for him to be healed. Didn't ask God or Jesus to do anything because its already done. Isa 53:5 are healed. 1st Peter 2:24 were healed. I heard this man when asked about when did he start seeing people healed..he said about after the 300 time. We read we have the power and authority and lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. We read these signs shall follow them that believe. Yet most do not believe. When push comes to shove so to speak what happens? Do you stand on what He said or what you see hear and feel? 

We know others do this day in day out but.. do some speak words of life look at those healed or do they get made fun of? We all get what we believe its written. If we doubt.. there is nothing tied to that but if we doubt we wont get anything from God. Some just by pass that and say "well just not Gods will" or "It didn't happen so" they call it Gods will. His will is His word. We do what He said.. He saves He heals.. not us. He told us lay hands on the sick and they shall recover. Faith something like prayer for the most part never gets talked about much if ever. Made fun or but not taught. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,349
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 7/26/2022 at 12:02 PM, backontrack said:

The biggest fear can I be sued for doing this! 

In my experience, in my opinion, it it fear that makes us ineffective as Christians.  It's the way the World and its master controls us.

Do not underestimate the power of prayer when you pray for any good -righteous- thing and never be concerned that evil will come from it.