IGNORED

God is not a laundry service that wash your sins in two hours and then you become clean and fragrant.

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,886
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dan Knight said:

Col 1:22 doesn't say A Holy, separate people..it can't because Holy means separate. ( strongs Greek 40 , hagious-set apart by or for God..).  Col 1:22 reads "...the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy,, (separate from those who are yet still alienated) and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:"

Dear brother speaks of the things reserved for us in heaven. 1 Peter:4

Colossians 1:13-14 ESV 

13 He (AF)has delivered us from (AG)the domain of darkness and transferred us to (AH)the kingdom of (AI)his beloved Son, 14 (AJ)in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. 

Our individuals situations is our own individual situation...our standing before God in the blood of Jesus Christ it does not change because of our own individual situations.

Our own individual situations  are changeable but our standing before God  in the blood of Jesus Christ it does not change, this is as long as we continue to believe in the Gospel of his Son Jesus Christ.  

Colossians 1:21-23 

21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard.

****BESIDES THE POINT, you can not talk about someone else like you know his thoughts, but you can asked a question for clarification and without putting your words in his mouth...without making leading questions....

we can asked to elaborate for clarity, because his statement was about something else...if he had some scripture in his mind...

As he said something that sounded as the rewards of stewardship at the time after our death...something the good steward could boast about...about his own dedication to the service of the Gospel...

Jesus did not tell his disciples be blameless in morality as you understand it...he said to them "be my servant ", "feed my sheep ", and this one "feed my lambs"....

made clear that the feed for the lambs is different from the feed of the sheep...

the rewards of the good stewards were according to their service towards to furtherance of the Kingdom...

The one with the one talent was not rebuke morally, but he was self serving...the old Jewish way...as in the example of the good Samaritan.   

The Priest said: I cannot touch him, that will affect my Holiness....he wanted to help, only if it was possible to help without being Judged as unclean by the rules in the Law of Moses...he was a Priest he had to serve in the Temple...the rules made him act that way....the Priest stop and wonder, even he had to distance himself when he found out the wounded one was not a priest....

If to expect to received the rewards after death and not in this Life it is incorrect according to scripture...the recognition, and affirmation of good stewardship after death by Jesus Christ is does not preclude that he won't bless his stewards in this life and rewarded them for their obedience to him...in what it please him and for our obedience to do what he is asking us...everytime we are obedient to him in what he is asking us, he is giving us the reward of the good steward.. 

The reward for everything good we do according to his will in this life it is another valuable stone to adorned our Heavenly Crown...or the Crown we are already wearing in our heads..the crown he has put and is adoring our heads as we lived and we are recognized by it as good and faithful servants..., that means we are the servants to those who are growing the Lambs, the infants, the babies in the faith, and they are grown up "babies" still in diapers...

If we judged, we judged with the discernment to help, and not to condemn. 

The Crown of Life, will continue to be adorned with more and more precious stones as long as we live..it is the precious stones we have received from Jesus while we lived.. while still in this body...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,126
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

Man I dunno. I tried to read through some of this. I get a lot of it. The title was a lu lu for me.

I see believers as positionally justified through Christ and ONLY through the blood of Christ. Being positionally justified means there is work yet to be done in us.

Imagine that your father is worth 10 million dollars, but you can't touch a penny of it until your father dies.

So long as we are down here in these bodies we don't have full perfection. It is assured, just hasn't been established yet. It's a future event.

Still we are told to be holy as God is holy. What does that mean where the rubber meets the road? If we are capable of being holy 24 hours a day 7 days a week, then we probably should be.

One way I see this which helps me make sense of it is that God the Father sees who wants to do His will. He then hands that group of people over to the Son. This is a requirement because no man will be saved apart from the Son. This is how God ordained it to be. God sees> God hands off to Jesus who cleanses us from all unrighteousness. >A work in us begins. We still battle the flesh. We still fall. Hopefully this is very occasionally or almost not at all. It all hinges on our denial of the flesh as to how successful we are here.

When we take up our cross daily, we are doing our very best to die to self. Sometimes we don't put much effort into it because a part of us still likes the flesh.

Our intentions often fall short of our accomplishments.

Even the lost have a sense of right and wrong and they can see it in us, whether we are any different or the same as them. They can point us out and say we are no different than they are if we are still buried in our flesh. They may have no desire to do what is right, but they know what right looks like.

Edited by Starise
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1958

15 minutes ago, Starise said:

Man I dunno. I tried to read through some of this. I get a lot of it. The title was a lu lu for me.

I see believers as positionally justified through Christ and ONLY through the blood of Christ. Being positionally justified means there is work yet to be done in us.

Imagine that your father is worth 10 million dollars, but you can't touch a penny of it until your father dies.

So long as we are down here in these bodies we don't have full perfection. It is assured, just hasn't been established yet. It's a future event.

Still we are told to be holy as God is holy. What does that mean where the rubber meets the road? If we are capable of being holy 24 hours a day 7 days a week, then we probably should be.

One way I see this which helps me make sense of it is that God the Father sees who wants to do His will. He then hands that group of people over to the Son. This is a requirement because no man will be saved apart from the Son. This is how God ordained it to be. God sees> God hands off to Jesus who cleanses us from all unrighteousness. >A work in us begins. We still battle the flesh. We still fall. Hopefully this is very occasionally or almost not at all. It all hinges on our denial of the flesh as to how successful we are here.

When we take up our cross daily, we are doing our very best to die to self. Sometimes we don't put much effort into it because a part of us still likes the flesh.

Our intentions often fall short of our accomplishments.

Even the lost have a sense of right and wrong and they can see it in us, whether we are any different or the same as them. They can point us out and say we are no different than they are if we are still buried in our flesh. They may have no desire to do what is right, but they know what right looks like.

They can see the difference in us...as they should.  We work as though we work for the Lord, and not for men. And we do not grow weary of doing well because we trust in the rewards coming from Him in due time. Both in this life and the next to come. 

16 minutes ago, Dan Knight said:

They can see the difference in us...as they should.  We work as though we work for the Lord, and not for men. And we do not grow weary of doing well because we trust in the rewards coming from Him in due time. Both in this life and the next to come. 

Fair enough way to see it. 

In my opinion, the bible would not be telling us not to grow weary in well doing if it were not something that either can happen or does happen. I can attest to the fact that I get tired sometimes, especially when there is a push pull of some kind going on in the Lord's work. The temptation for me is to say, " OK go ahead, it's your baby now". 

Remember Jonah was upset and just plopped himself under a plant the Lord grew to shade him after he ministered to the Ninevites. He was tired and just wanted to give up and die.

So I think we can potentially grow weary and give up.

Edited by Starise

10 minutes ago, Starise said:

In my opinion, the bible would not be telling us not to grow weary in well doing if it were not something that either can happen or does happen. I can attest to the fact that I get tired sometimes, especially when there is a push pull of some kind going on in the Lord's work. The temptation for me is to say, " OK go ahead, it's your baby now". 

Remember Jonah was upset and just plopped himself under a plant the Lord grew to shade him after he ministered to the Ninevites. He was tired and just wanted to give up and die.

Agreed. Sometimes work gets to me , more so agitating people and/ or unreasonable bosses, and I wonder why. But that needed paycheck helps me Press on. 

I know what you say. I too grow so weary at times. What does the bible say? The enemies of God are like roaring lions seeking whom they can devour. They never sleep. At those heaviest moments I remember that my God never sleeps either. And the afore mentioned verse comes to mind an i ,"press forward for the mark...". PRESS FORWARD. Yeah, that's about right . 

• Well Said! 1

Interestingly , some of my biggest tests recently have come from church.

I have bit my tongue so hard I almost bit it in two.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

This sure is a popular thread and I am trying to figure out why animated-smileys-thinking-15.gif.pagespeed_ce.mXQPxgor1Q.gif.84c74a975785ae8a53009a73ebe04dfe.gif There really wasn't anything worthwhile in the original post. 

Edited by missmuffet

23 minutes ago, Starise said:

I do see how the statement I wrote, " we do not grow weary..." appears to be a set standard,  and it is not. Better said is that we are admonished to not grow weary? Because I do, and I know solid Christian Folk who do as well.

• Well Said! 2

6 minutes ago, Starise said:

Interestingly , some of my biggest tests recently have come from church.

I have bit my tongue so hard I almost bit it in two.

Lol. Yep...

8 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

This sure is a popular thread and I am trying to figure out why animated-smileys-thinking-15.gif.pagespeed_ce.mXQPxgor1Q.gif.84c74a975785ae8a53009a73ebe04dfe.gif There really wasn't anything worthwhile in the original post. 

Lol..Sometimes folks just talk. One man's this is another's that. 

Edited by Dan Knight