• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, what if we're wrong about the most discussed topics on the end-times:

The rapture,  the Antichrist and the second coming of our Lord.

What if we've been wrong about these views?

Are there consequences? What are they?

Since joining this forum, the majority of my involvement has been in end-time discussions.

And what I have seen is that 99% of these discussions seem to center on how  "I AM CORRECT."

There is so much debate online about these topics. Wonderful Spirit filled scholars  have spent most of their lives studying and researching end-times. And yet they still disagree with each others positions. This should tell us that these are very complex theories and not easily decided.

"I'm right and you're wrong"

"No.... you don't know what you're talking about. I'm right"

Unfortunately, these discussions often turn into heated arguments where being right or winning the debate seems to be more important than what is biblically true. 

Scholars have been called "satanic" by nationally renowned pastors simply because their views about last days differ from the pastor.

If we are honest with ourselves, can any of us really say that we know that our end-time view is 100% correct?

Well, there are possibly a few who would argue till "the cows come home" that they are 100000% correct and that God Himself will tell us so when we get to heaven.

But honestly, I think that many of us will be surprised at how things will happen. We should all hold our viewpoints loosely because we could easily be mistaken. God loves the humble soul.

Hey, nearly everybody in the first century was mistaken about Jesus' first coming. The scholars, the religious leaders, the ordinary people... they all misunderstood what  the old testament prophecies were really saying about Jesus.

So it's very possible that we can be mistaken as well.

In 46 BC, Cicero wrote to a friend saying   "You must hope for the best"........

Good advice. Let us all "hope for the best, but prepare for the worst"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,160
  • Content Per Day:  1.04

53 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hey, nearly everybody in the first century was mistaken about Jesus' first coming. The scholars, the religious leaders, the ordinary people... they all misunderstood what  the old testament prophecies were really saying about Jesus.

In 46 BC, Cicero wrote to a friend saying   "You must hope for the best"........

yes i think about that at times and think blimey if the Jews got it wrong what hope have i. they were a collection of people i am on my own.

A very sobering thought … what if we are wrong...for me I stay in the bible but I am limited by my own understanding of things and the preacher of course his understanding of things.

currently my understanding is that the most single important thing is to get Saved 1 Cor 15:1-4 and belief and trust that what Christ did for you and me, is enough and its a finished work nothing more to add no works. faith is a huge factor and not purely academia i think. but that is just me where i am at the moment.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.69
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Since joining this forum, the majority of my involvement has been in end-time discussions.

And what I have seen is that 99% of these discussions seem to center on how  "I AM CORRECT."

There is so much debate online about these topics. Wonderful Spirit filled scholars  have spent most of their lives studying and researching end-times. And yet they still disagree with each others positions. This should tell us that these are very complex theories and not easily decided.

Unfortunately, these discussions often turn into heated arguments where being right or winning the debate seems to be more important than what is biblically true. 

Scholars have been called "satanic" by nationally renowned pastors simply because their views about last days differ from the pastor.

If we are honest with ourselves, can any of us really say that we know that our end-time view is 100% correct?

Well, there are possibly a few who would argue till "the cows come home" that they are 100000% correct and that God Himself will tell us so when we get to heaven.

But honestly, I think that many of us will be surprised at how things will happen. We should all hold our viewpoints loosely because we could easily be mistaken. God loves the humble soul.

We read the Bible and take the Words literally and then we study them and make a decision. There are no consequences. It is not a salvation issue. When it actually happens some are going to be happy and some are not going to be so happy. Such as those who end up in the 7 year tribulation. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

We read the Bible and take the Words literally and then we study them and make a decision. There are no consequences. It is not a salvation issue. When it actually happens some are going to be happy and some are not going to be so happy. Such as those who end up in the 7 year tribulation. 

What if your wrong and there is no 7 year tribulation? What if the time of the end is like  the days of Noah when they were oblivious to what was to come and the flood came and took them all away? 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,996
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.69
  • Days Won:  226

15 minutes ago, Shilohsfoal said:

What if your wrong and there is no 7 year tribulation? What if the time of the end is like  the days of Noah when they were oblivious to what was to come and the flood came and took them all away? 

What if you are wrong and there is a 7 year tribulation?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Whether or not anyone is  wrong on the details of Christianity, the Lord deserves all praise, worship, and devotion. Does our viewpoints on end times change any of what He deserves? People should learn but not get so focused on details like that, that they miss who is important - the Lord.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  1

41 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

What if you are wrong and there is a 7 year tribulation?

Well, according to Daniel 11,the saints persecution in Israel begins when the occupation of the armed forces of the king of the north begins in Israel.They are delivered and the resurection takes place 3.5 years later. 

No where does it say they are persecuted for any longer than that and scripture does not show tribulation in the north where I live. 

Personally I don't believe the armed forces of the north persecutes anyone in the north. 

As for the great tribulation which is when the armed forces of the north go forth to destroy and innihilate many in the south. Again. I live in the north so I need not worry about that either. 

I know it's not going to take the armed forces of the north 7 years to destroy the south nor will it take 3.5 years. We have far to many nukes to take that long. I expect the great tribulation to be over in about a week from the time that nuclear war begins. 

Edited by Shilohsfoal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,119
  • Content Per Day:  3.27

6 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Nice observation. In all my years of study I've never come across two students of eschatology who fully agree on all points. So at least one of the scholars is always wrong. The consequences ...? Let's see (and I bet somebody will disagree).

1. The Beast will offer Israel safety. They will embrace him and put him and his effigy in their Temple. Bad news! Jesus said run ... and don't even stop for a jacket.
  2. For choosing the Beast and not Messiah, God's wrath is unleashed on the whole earth. Bad news! There will be no place to hide. 144,000 Israelites need to be "sealed" to survive the universal Tribulation (Rev.9:4)
  3. The Christians who are left on earth are attacked and overcome by the Beast (Rev.13:7). Bad news! What were they doing on earth?
  4. This Great Tribulation unleashed by God will kill two thirds of men and make the earth unlivable for 3½ years. Bad news! Any Christians on earth can flee to a wilderness and be helped by the "earth" (not God) (Rev.12: 14). Whether you take the wilderness of Revelation 12 literally or allegorically ... its a wilderness (vs.14-15)
  5. Apparently, Revelation 18:4 says that some of God's people will be in Mystery Babylon. Bad news! You partake of her plagues. No escape.

Looks like the rapture better be true, and it better be BEFORE the Great Tribulation. But then again there is a new problem. In Luke 21:36 you have to "ATTAIN" to the rapture of escape. In Philippians 3 the "Upward Call" is a PRIZE (v.14). In Revelation 3:10 you are only spared the Great Tribulation "BECAUSE ...". That is, escape by rapture is CONDITIONAL. It looks like the evidence shows (1) Christians on earth during the Great Tribulation, and (2) not all Christians qualifying for a rapture of escape.

Of course, this view will be refused by many because, just like Israel at Jeremiah's time, who refused Jeremiah's warnings about Nebuchadnezzar, Christians in general don't tolerate (1) bad news, (2) teachers who don't scratch their itchy ears with nice words, and (3) the teaching that God is faced with an apostate Church and can't reward their behavior without being accused of abetting evil. Does being vomited out of our Lord's mouth sound like a rapture of escape?

Maybe there is still time to repent and start living a holy Christian life.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,699
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

What if our beliefs are wrong?

1 Corinthians 3:12-15 is very enlightening; everyone who believes in Jesus will be saved. As John 3:16 plainly says.
But those whose works are faulty, I refer here especially to those who promote false teachings or reject the prophetic truths as Written, will not receive a reward and will, escape with their lives only by passing thru fire.

As there is nowhere in the Bible that says the Church will got to live in heaven, any hopeful thoughts of avoiding the wrath to come, will not be realized. The main reason to reject the rapture is: how can anyone go to heaven before any Judgment? 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  1.56

The main problem in my opinion is that everyone believes they are right. I have met few who believe they could be wrong, but even they believe they are right. For many, this is because that is what they were taught, and so they read the Bible through a filter that fits their preconceived view. Personally I am PreTrib and Premillennial.