• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

This is true,it is especially something I can relate to

My father,in my eyes,was a wonderful Dad who showed me unconditional love,he was my best friend yet I never took his kindness for weakness as he was a well respected man.He lead by example & was the first to say" Don't do as I did" if he was in error .... fast to forgive & held nothing against you , "move on & don't repeat your mistakes" he would add!

The love of a father was given me from the moment I came into this world,it was so very easy for me to understand how much God Loves me & how a " Father"would give his life for me without reservation.

About " fear" ,I feared what my father was capable of- it's respect.My father was a tough Sicilian guy from Hell's Kitchen,NY-I saw my Dad get angry( not ever with me) & would never want to be subjected to his wrath- it was fearsome but I was not afraid of my Daddy,I was afraid for others if they'd ever seem a threat to me. He was my rock,my Refuge,my shelter& my provider .And most of all he was the one who read the Scriptures to me before I could read,telling me all about Jesus through all the stories in the Bible

I miss my Dad

Funny how I knew he'd always love me yet with fear & trembling I never wanted to do anything to hurt him & possibly damage our Relationship,though it was not possible( So I can really relate my relationship with my Dad to my Relationship with God in Christ)❤️

Makes me wonder if it could have been easier for some to come to God as a result of having this kind of a father. My wife talks of her dad the same way. I knew him before he died and I would have to agree he was an amazing person. 

Unfortunately many didn't have this kind of a father. Mine wasn't the worst of the worst, but seeing him cheat on my mother repeatedly and even marry those other women plus his alcohol use that hurt our family....this made it very difficult to forgive him. Especially if you knew what a gem my mother was.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Here comes the question: In our soul, how much is enough faith, belief, and trust to qualify for saving faith and not going to Hell? To quantify saving faith, is it a kernel of faith, trust, and confidence, 100% of all you have all the time or something between the two? What is God’s standard to obtain saving faith?

I think I tend to go with Romans: "Rom 10:9-10
hat if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; "'

Of course one has to be truthful when confessing Jesus is Lord.

So, I would say that one has to put complete trust in Jesus for our eternal security for that is what a Lord would do.   It seems burdensome to some to make/let Jesus be Lord, but there are two sets of responsibilities in Lordship.   While we have to follow him and his will, it is his responsibility to keep us safe and growing spiritually.   We must remember that following Jesus in this life, safety and security physically is not part of the deal.   

So how does that translate into faith, trust, confidence?  It appears to me personally that it's "all or nothing" when making a relationship with him.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I do have a question.

1 Cor 6:2-3
 Or do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world is judged by you, are you not competent to constitute the smallest law courts? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels?
NASB

My question is, "When did God decide to do this?"

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Starise said:

What I think I understand you to be asking about is maybe quantifying what AMOUNT of a qualifying faith would be necessary to appease God. Especially since a text was given which tells us to give ALL.

I am reminded of several texts that address this. 

The setting of this passage is a man who has a demon possessed son. This man has was at the end of his rope and he asked Jesus to heal his son from the demon.

Mark 9:24-

Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

The Lord cast out the demon based on this man's willingness to believe.

The next one comes amidst a storm the disciples were afraid would overtake the boat. Even though Jesus rebuked them for having "little faith" He stilled the storm.

Matt. 8:26-

He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

I believe these passages and other similar ones indicate God's willingness to save anyone who reaches out with even the smallest amount of faith. The reaching out part is what solidifies God's faithfulness to us. Really all faith in Christ is at the core is reaching out. Some would say He even gives us that ability.  The outstretched hand signifies we need help. We are saying we can't do it alone. We are acknowledging we need Him.

I believe the giving ALL part comes later though our maturity in Him as He continues to work in us. I see faith as really an all or nothing sort of thing. When we reached out to Him, that's all it required. He also knows everyone who never reaches out to Him. Those who never knock will never see the door opened.

You know, I never thought to associate that with quantifying saving faith. Now I have my thinking cap on. There were several cases of “oh ye of little faith,” but they still had a measure of faith and needed to get more (or, as you phrased it, mature and grow).

Peter walking on water took his eyes off Jesus, I suppose I could transcribe it as momentarily backsliding, but Jesus still reached out and saved him from drowning.

Now that I think of the thief on the cross next to Jesus, it is not said he confessed his sins, repented, or asked for eternal life. He had a measure of faith.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

For some reason, that thought has been nagging me for a while now. Thanks.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Some may have enough trust to invest 100% in the bank, some 50%, and some 5% or less. Some will not trust the bank and currency and have zero faith, trust, and confidence.

Here comes the question: In our soul, how much is enough faith, belief, and trust to qualify for saving faith and not going to Hell? To quantify saving faith, is it a kernel of faith, trust, and confidence, 100% of all you have all the time or something between the two? What is God’s standard to obtain saving faith?

Concerning saving faith enough to qualify the requirement to God.
I see the trouble with your analogy is like what constitutes a sin. Sin is missing the mark, by a fraction of a hair, or by a mile. Sin is sin.  I think a different analogy showing like a light switch, not with a dimmer to reduce/increase the amount enough to see well,  but simply off, then on. When you  flip the switch, light. Not dim, not medium, but ON.

I started to use a pregnant woman analogy. How much does it take for a woman to be fully pregnant. Duh. No matter how many times a pregnancy is wanted and tried for, it is still a  one time event  between the largest and smallest cell in the human body getting together, for ever. There ain't such a thing as a "little pregnant".
God knows our deceitful wicked hearts, and can tell when the light switch has been turned on, or when the tiny cell and big cell finally join......:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

3 hours ago, other one said:

I do have a question.

My question is, "When did God decide to do this?"

Oh you're going to make me study on this one. I don't know the answer because I can't place the exact context....   Yet. I'm working on it 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

8 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Here is a question I have tried to find a biblical answer to, with no satisfactory explanation. I posted a thread sometime back asking a serious Salvation question, with no responses that I can recall, about saving faith and knowing you have eternal security.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I'll first give a metaphor to understand my question better. One hundred people have money (faith and trust of symbolic fiat money) in the bank. The dedication, trust, and confidence in our government and the bank will vary from person to person and time. No two individuals will see the bank or money similarly due to their knowledge, financial history, experience, promises, perception, etc. People, at times, will develop doubts and fears and question themselves about how much faith and trust they have put in someone else's hands.

Some may have enough trust to invest 100% in the bank, some 50%, and some 5% or less. Some will not trust the bank and currency and have zero faith, trust, and confidence.

The thief on the cross next to Jesus asked that Jesus remember him. No time or opportunity for baptism to openly confirm he was a Christ follower and no time to demonstrate repentance.

Hey there, Dennis.  A person must have enough faith to know that our Father is FAITHful to keep every single promise He has ever made to us.   Selah 

By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised.

- Hebrews 11:11

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

You know, I never thought to associate that with quantifying saving faith. Now I have my thinking cap on. There were several cases of “oh ye of little faith,” but they still had a measure of faith and needed to get more (or, as you phrased it, mature and grow).

Peter walking on water took his eyes off Jesus, I suppose I could transcribe it as momentarily backsliding, but Jesus still reached out and saved him from drowning.

Now that I think of the thief on the cross next to Jesus, it is not said he confessed his sins, repented, or asked for eternal life. He had a measure of faith.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

For some reason, that thought has been nagging me for a while now. Thanks.

I went through a time of doubt early in my Christian walk because I am a classic over thinker. To think good thoughts you need quality material and I didn't always have that. A large quantity of bad thinking was useless for me. 

I say this so you know I can't take any pride in being like this. Overthinking poorly is probably worse than not thinking at all.

Because of the above, I would often question myself. Did I do  that the right way? Maybe I committed the unpardonable sin? Maybe I wasn't sincere enough? Why did I do that if I'm saved? What if I haven't thought through thinking this whole thing through? I don't FEEL like God cares. Is He really that concerned about me? Why don't I have one of those Holy Ghost pentecostal experiences? Why doesn't God answer me in a way that's more human? 

......and the whole time there I was. Right in the hand of the Savior.The hand that never lets go.

I have an inner assurance I can't explain in concrete terms but I KNOW I am a child of God.

When I read some of the Psalms David often has many of the same issues. He is crying out for God to help him. God always came through in spades. Even when he sinned, God was there to correct and put him back on the path.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  11

30 minutes ago, Starise said:

Oh you're going to make me study on this one. I don't know the answer because I can't place the exact context....   Yet. I'm working on it 

I believe this happens in the Millennium.  Perhaps you could research it further and let us know?  Great thread, by the way.  

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, Starise said:

I went through a time of doubt early in my Christian walk because I am a classic over thinker. To think good thoughts you need quality material and I didn't always have that. A large quantity of bad thinking was useless for me. 

I say this so you know I can't take any pride in being like this. Overthinking poorly is probably worse than not thinking at all.

Because of the above, I would often question myself. Did I do  that the right way? Maybe I committed the unpardonable sin? Maybe I wasn't sincere enough? Why did I do that if I'm saved? What if I haven't thought through thinking this whole thing through? I don't FEEL like God cares. Is He really that concerned about me? Why don't I have one of those Holy Ghost pentecostal experiences? Why doesn't God answer me in a way that's more human? 

......and the whole time there I was. Right in the hand of the Savior.The hand that never lets go.

I have an inner assurance I can't explain in concrete terms but I KNOW I am a child of God.

When I read some of the Psalms David often has many of the same issues. He is crying out for God to help him. God always came through in spades. Even when he sinned, God was there to correct and put him back on the path.

I don’t think it is uncommon, but at the tail end of my life, I seem to be going through one of those times when some doubt is creeping in and questioning myself. Thus, the question.

I cannot say I truly know myself or ever have. 2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

For me, self-examination is a difficult thing, to be honest about. Is it wishful thinking, or am I deceiving myself?

As you suggested, David appeared to be struggling with the same issue.

Psalm 26:2 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

• Loved it! 2