• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  181
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

According to Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nativity_of_Jesus

The date of birth for Jesus of Nazareth is not stated in the gospels or in any secular text, but a majority of scholars assume a date between 6 BC and 4 BC. The historical evidence is too ambiguous to allow a definitive date to be determined, but the date has been estimated through known historical events mentioned in the Gospels of Matthew chapter 2 and Luke chapter 2 or by working backwards from the estimated start of the ministry of Jesus.

Christian Churches celebrate the Nativity of Jesus on Christmas, which is marked on December 25 by the Western Christian Churches, while many Eastern Christian Churches celebrate the Feast of the Nativity of Our Lord on January 7.

In the 1st and 2nd centuries, the Lord's Day (Sunday) was the earliest Christian celebration and included a number of theological themes. In the 2nd century, the Resurrection of Jesus became a separate feast as Easter and in the same century Epiphany began to be celebrated in the Churches of the East on January 6.

According to this website:

https://goodnessofgodministries.international/2011/12/22/when-was-jesus-christ-born-the-bible-says-september-11-3bc-the-day-of-the-feast-of-trumpets/

When Was Jesus Christ Born? The Bible Says September 11, 3BC-The Day of the Feast of Trumpets

But there is an error with this interpretation. First of all, the Moon was below the feet of the Virgo constellation at September 12, 3 BC. Also, the New Moon took place on September 9, 3 BC. This means that Jewish Rosh Hashana – New Year’s day, which took place the day after the New Moon, took place on September 10, 3 BC. Therefore, September 12, 3 BC was Tishri 3, the third day of the year.

I made a video which shows that the total years that Jesus was on the Earth, from His Birth to His ascension to heaven is equal to the latitude of Bethlehem expressed in degrees.

This is the video:

https://youtu.be/772pFjJKT2k

And this is photo that sums up the computations:

https://i.postimg.cc/sDs0Q9dt/Birth-to-Ascension.jpg

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.61

Common consensus is he was born between 6-4 BC and died between 30-33 AD. He lived between 33 - 36 years. The exact dates are fun to speculate on but I'm sure impossible to prove. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member

56 minutes ago, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Common consensus is he was born between 6-4 BC and died between 30-33 AD. He lived between 33 - 36 years. The exact dates are fun to speculate on but I'm sure impossible to prove. 

Its possible that Herod did not die 4 BC. For example from:

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/herods-death-jesus-birth-and-a-lunar-eclipse/

Herod’s Death, Jesus’ Birth and a Lunar Eclipse

Both Luke and Matthew mention Jesus’ birth as occurring during Herod’s reign (Luke 1:5; Matthew 2:1). Josephus relates Herod’s death to a lunar eclipse. This is generally regarded as a reference to a lunar eclipse in 4 B.C. Therefore it is often said that Jesus was born in 4 B.C.

But physics professor John A. Cramer, in a letter to BAR, has pointed out that there was another lunar eclipse visible in Judea—in fact, two—in 1 B.C., which would place Herod’s death—and Jesus’ birth—at the turn of the era. Below, read letters published in the Q&C section of BAR debating the dates of Herod’s death, Jesus’ birth and to which lunar eclipse Josephus was referring.

This means that a date like September 12 3 BC or the birth of Jesus cannot be ruled out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible doesn't give an exact day or year that Jesus was born. Maybe between 6 and 4 B.C.

According to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annunciation

According to Luke 1:26, the Annunciation occurred "in the sixth month" of Elizabeth's pregnancy with John the Baptist.[4] Many Christians observe this event with the Feast of the Annunciation on 25 March,[2] an approximation of the northern vernal equinox nine full months before Christmas, the ceremonial birthday of Jesus. 

If Jesus was born September 12, 3 BC, this means that an approximation of nine full months before Christmas would be December 12, 4 BC. 

If this is true then we can consider that Saint Spyridon passed away exactly 351 years after the Annunciation to the Blessed Virgin Mary. According to:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Spyridon

Recognizing St. Spyridon's role in the defense of the island, Venice legislated the annual "Litany of St. Spyridon" on August 11 as a commemoration of the event. His feast day is celebrated in the East on the Saturday before Great Lent (known as "Cheesefare Saturday") and December 12. For those Eastern Churches that follow the traditional Julian Calendar, December 12 falls on December 25 of the modern Gregorian Calendar. In the West he is commemorated on December 14.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,630
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

I once saw a guy wearing a t-shirt saying something about Jesus and 29AD, assuming it was referring to the crucifixion date? But i really hope that is inaccurate since it would mean we would have to wait until 2029 for His return, 2000 years later, give or take. 

On 9/17/2022 at 5:44 AM, Diaste said:

Thanks for posting this. I will read it when I find time, but from the Abstract I note that:

Dating the birth of Jesus. Clement of Alexandria (The Stromata I:21:145) place the birth of Jesus 194 years before the death of Commodus (31 December 192 CE) and Tertullian (Against the Jews VIII:11:75) place it in the 41st year of the reign of Augustus [which began from the second triumvirate of October 43 BCE] and 28 years after the death of Cleopatra (29 August 30 BCE). By combining these data, the birth of Jesus must be fixed in 2 BCE in a period between 1 September and 30 October.

The author proposes that Jesus was born September 29, 2 BC. I believe He was born September 12, 3 BC. 

Based on the above, 94 years before the death of Commodus adds up to 31 December, 3 BC. This agrees better with my date. 28 years after the death of Cleopatra is August 29, 2 BC. This agrees better with the September 29, 2 BC date. The 41st year of the reign of Augustus starts at October, 3 BC and apparently ends October, 2 BC. This might agree better with the September 29, 2 BC date, or maybe it was meant to be a marker based on the start of his 41st year of the reign. In this case it is closer to September 12, 3 BC. 

One problem with the September 29, 2 BC date it that the 29 number, in contrast to the 12 number, does not show up as an important number in scripture.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,647
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 9/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, TrueFollowerOfChrist said:

Amen. Well said.

That he lived, died for our sins, and rose from the grave is all that truly matters.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Doctor Michael Heiser agrees with me on September 11,3 BC.

September 11: Happy Birthday to Jesus - Dr. Michael Heiser (drmsh.com)         Details of why can be found in this URL address.