IGNORED

Does God respect religious tolerance toward other religions ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That and the Samaritans were considered “half-breeds” by most Jews. This was because of the influx of the Assyrians when they conquered Israel, the Northern kingdom, in 722 B.C.

True, but even according to Jewish rabbinical law one does not lose their identity to Israel due to having mixed ethnicity. Most Jews today are have mixed ethnicity to some degree and the majority of Jews can not trace there linage back to any specific tribe of Israel.  Yes, most Jewish rabbis say ethnicity is passed down through the mother, but this poses a huge problem.  King David and Jesus have gentile grandmothers listed in their genealogy: Rahab (Canaanite), Ruth (Moab), and Bathsheba (Hittite) were gentile grandmothers listed in the genealogy of Jesus.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/14/2022 at 4:51 AM, R. Hartono said:

I dont mean to become a stumbling stone with this question that can make you fall.

There are hundreds of religions/beliefs in this world.

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth other religions ?

The truth is that the true nature of God is not the one boxed in by religion.  Religion is just that religion not to say it's not important, but religion expands over time and adds doctrines that are not divine.  I love Jesus, but he has given us all common sense.  All religion are people's attempts to find God.  Some may have false teachings including Christianity.  However, most have aspects of universal truth like don't lie, treat others with respect etc.  So, bottom line, I believe based on common sense, God looks on the heart.

Edited by Amigo42

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

9 minutes ago, Amigo42 said:

The truth is that the true nature of God is not the one boxed in by religion.  Religion is just that religion not to say it's not important, but religion expands over time and adds doctrines that are not divine.  I love Jesus, but he has given us all common sense.  All religion are people's attempts to find God.  Some may have false teachings including Christianity.  However, most have aspects of universal truth like don't lie, treat others with respect etc.  So, bottom line, I believe based on common sense, God looks on the heart.

That is true. God is not "religion". It is a daily relationship with God.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JohannPretorius said:

All the time, my house is an open door to many, with prostitutes and gangsters in my own backyard.
Selah.
JP.

Geez.  Dude, where do you live. 😂

7 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

That is true. God is not "religion". It is a daily relationship with God.

Amen!  So true. 

Edited by Amigo42

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,217
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

On 10/14/2022 at 2:51 AM, R. Hartono said:

I dont mean to become a stumbling stone with this question that can make you fall.

There are hundreds of religions/beliefs in this world.

Does the God of the Bible respect religious tolerance ? That He letteth other religions ?

Respect "due regard for the feelings, wishes, rights, or traditions of others"

Not sure how you mean by those three words. Are we talking those that believe Jesus came in the flesh the only way to the Father or the countless others? I don't know I would have to ask Him. How does He treat you? Yeah no one here has the real truth faith other then Jesus came died in the flesh rose 3rd day. Yet like all those other religions we know we do. 

1 hour ago, JohannPretorius said:

For starters, I am not your "dude"
Secondly. I am not lying.

Whoah!  Didn't mean to strike a nerve.  I also wasn't suggesting you were lying.  I was genuinely curious where you live.  I don't mean to say where you live in the internet of course.  I understand there are different environments of inner city life.  God bless!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are definitely to love all people as they are--as God loves them.  That doesn't mean we have to condone their beliefs.  God sees us as lost or else saved.  He reaches out to the lost.  The fact remains that Jesus said "no man comes to the Father but by Me".   All of us need to be born again to go to heaven.  So tolerating another person's religion is not the best option if we truly have compassion for the lost.  

Paul argued with the philosophers, he told them about the "unknown God", but he did NOT condone the beliefs that were leading them to hell.  No idolatry was condoned at all.  Those missionaries that have allowed people groups to retain their heathen religion and just add Christianity to the mix will likely be held accountable for this abomination.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,083
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

On 10/15/2022 at 4:01 AM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

That and the Samaritans were considered “half-breeds” by most Jews. This was because of the influx of the Assyrians when they conquered Israel, the Northern kingdom, in 722 B.C.

This is the explanation I am familiar with.

The Samaritans were undesirables to the Jews. A half breed would not have been considered to be a full Jew. By this standard Timothy would have also been an undesirable. A half breed Jew was likely seen as a Gentile, yet Jesus ministered to the Samaritan woman.

We also have the story of the good Samaritan. The only one who would stop and help an injured passer by, going so far as to pay the man's stay in a hotel until he recovered from his injuries inflicted by thieves and vandals.

Would we all be willing to help a person who was intolerant of us?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 10/15/2022 at 5:12 AM, R. Hartono said:

Why He doesnt stop them.

We have to respond to God, unfortunately  many people prefer to respond to the call of the devil and follow false religions.

Think about it.

If God dealt with all the false religions and all the ' big ' sinners.

How long would it take for him to have to deal with your beli3fs and your ' big ' sins as he has dealt with the other big sinners.