IGNORED

How to deal with non-christian religions who claim to believe in Jesus?

Khaz

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

Hi Guys

I sometimes come across muslims who proclaim that they also believe in Jesus. That Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

Jehovas Witnesses even say they, beside believing in Jesus, also believe in the bible even though they have their own version of the bible.

How do you deal or react to such claims made by non-christians?

Edited by Khaz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

45 minutes ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

I sometimes come across muslims who proclaim that they also believe in Jesus. That Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

Jehovas Witnesses even say they, beside believing in Jesus, also believe in the bible even though they have their own version of the bible.

If we are given the chance we tell them what we believe. We tell them what is really in the Holy Bible. Then we pray for them. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

38 minutes ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

It depends on who you are talking to.   Jehovah's witnesses I politely disengage from most of the time, for it takes a lot of time and depths that I need notes to remember where it is all located. 

As far as Muslims, one needs to work on ways to show Jesus's divinity.   We all say that we believe in one God, but when we use the word God/god it does not mean the same thing that it would to an old testament believer or  in Jesus time.

So to use the term one god is confusing since that word is used for just about any heavenly being at one time or another.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

18 minutes ago, other one said:

It depends on who you are talking to.   Jehovah's witnesses I politely disengage from most of the time, for it takes a lot of time and depths that I need notes to remember where it is all located. 

As far as Muslims, one needs to work on ways to show Jesus's divinity.   We all say that we believe in one God, but when we use the word God/god it does not mean the same thing that it would to an old testament believer or  in Jesus time.

So to use the term one god is confusing since that word is used for just about any heavenly being at one time or another.

And how will you show Jesus divinity? Muslims believe that the bible is corrupted.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

MUSLIMS

• If they are claiming Jesus as a prophet, then show them from the Bible what he said, especially about himself.
  • Pray that the Holy Spirit will work in their hearts and minds.  Right now, God is doing miraculous things in the Middle East with people who have not even heard of Jesus Christ.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

• To me, this is more difficult.  Why?  Because the JW's have their own Bible that erases the deity of Jesus Christ.
  • I told that to a couple who came to my door one day and said that Jesus Christ was merely a created being.  One woman said that Jesus was a "mighty spiritual creature".  I told her that her Bible says that, but the actual Bible that people of all sorts of denominations use - the Bible that has existed over two thousand years use says otherwise.

The BEST thing to do is to know  your own Bible and to pray like mad for these people.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  206
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I have seen buddhists claim Jesus was a Great buddhist.

I felt offended. Buddha was born in a palace, Jesus was born in a barn. In ways they seem dissimilar and polar opposites.

Later I realized there are documentaries and elaborate cases made for Jesus travelling through asia. It is an interesting (if controversial) topic to consider. For a variety of reasons I would not have considered as a hotheaded youth.

Most muslims I have seen claim Jesus could not have been the messiah for reasons involving scripture and prophecy. But still consider Jesus a great prophet. They view Muhammad as the true messiah or claim that the messiah has not yet appeared. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, Khaz said:

And how will you show Jesus divinity? Muslims believe that the bible is corrupted.

That's true, but in showing them the history of the Bible compared to the history of the Quran and history of how Mohamad thought the entity that visited him was a fallen angel sometimes the Holy Spirit can move them to believe. I use Mihamad's own first thoughts to cast doubt on his experience and that it was his wife that convinced him it was a Holy angel, but women in Islam are not even considered trustworthy in court but put their entire eternal future in her ideas.

Sometimes they consider what is said and sometimes you get death threats.

If there were words to convince people without the Holy Spirit, we would have the whole world saved by now.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,967
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

It helps to keep the conversation centred on the purpose of Christ's sacrifice, the greatest sacrifice that will ever be made. Ask if their beliefs include this truth.

Luk 24:46  Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

Luk 24:47  and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.53
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, Michael37 said:

It helps to keep the conversation centred on the purpose of Christ's sacrifice, the greatest sacrifice that will ever be made. Ask if their beliefs include this truth.

Luk 24:46  Then He said to them, "Thus it is written, and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day,

Luk 24:47  and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Amen…Christ and Him Crucified.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

5 hours ago, Khaz said:

Hi Guys

It's really case by case IMO since all people are different and will respond to different things in different ways, and these religions approach the matter from differing points of view. Plenty of Hindus might be willing to acknowledge the divinity of Christ, but to their minds He's A way and not THE Way. They'd say He exists alongside of their pantheon. Once you understand the person and their belief set you can go from there.